Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Saw "T13 set bonuses" and was like

Saw the actual bonuses and was like (╯ಠ益ಠ)╯_ ┻━┻

Why doesn't Blizzard just remove Holy if they hate it so much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Man wtf first blizz want us to stop using PW:shield for everything now they buff it, even if it is just a 10% chance. also to me that's kind of a nerf to rapture you have a 10% chance that your next rapture proc wont pop because your shield is overpowered.

2 set pc meh I expected some sort of mana saving ability not much has changed with this.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-09-25 at 02:07 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those look quite bad for Holy. Assuming I use Lightwell at all, I place it before fight even starts, and then whenever possible. It has nothing to do with "mana saving cooldown", so having it in such role is just idiotic. Then again, nothing Holy has really counts as "mana saving cooldown", so, uh... I get it that pretty much every healer gets similar bonus, but at very least, other classes have it tied with skills that directly deal with mana. They'd be better off having it work with Serendipity somehow, but gee, that would require some creativity and slightly different bonus than other 4 specs.
    And unless they buff Holy Words, 4 piece doesn't look good either. Yeah, sure, Sanctuary became better since it's "bugged", but it's still nothing special. Seeing that we already have 30% cooldown reduction from talents, and plenty of people ignore it, it's hard to be impressed. Serenity... well, it's not bad, but then again, might as well go Disc for tank healing (especially with a chance of 70k shields), so meh.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2011-09-25 at 02:00 AM.

Deleted
    Also, nearly 100% sure these bonus' will change before being released. The numbers on most of the sets seem to be placeholders at least, some of the bonus concepts just looked unfinished. I wouldn't panick yet.

So, let's say you get 100% (x2) multiplier on PW:S once every 120 seconds (10% chance x 12sec cd, assuming a proc every 10th cast) if you're not running with SoS.
    If your shield asborbs 30.000 extra once every 120 seconds its.....30000/120 = 250 more hps! Not only is it a whooping 250 more hps, but it's also RNG, just to make it even more reliable.

Uhm..wut :S

But on the good side! Holy priests gets cheaper casts after they cast a 10.000 mana cost lightwell. Now, that's so...wut?
    Priest 2 set Holy: In your face!
    Priest 4 set Disc: If you dont like it, go holy!

eh...wut?
    Last edited by Juber; 2011-09-25 at 02:07 AM.

Wow the last raid of the expansion and both healing set bonuses are complete crap.

Just wow. The 4pc just says " here disc priests go ahead and bubble spam" and for those who don't bubble spam the 10% proc chance just won't cut it. 1/10 bubbles will by 100% more effective - not good.

The holy set bonuses..... 20% reduced cd time on holy words? what is this..... we don't even use holy words enough for this to be effective. Light well has a 3 minute cd and you usually place it before the pull.

Ive said it before ill say it again. The priest design team is on crack.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Disc 4p is not worth using. That would barely do anything throughput wise and as said earlier it will just screw up your raptures with rng (or the huge shield will never get absorbed and overheal).

Both holy bonuses are useless though. Just the fact you need to target the lightwell on the ground (in a good spot too) makes you lose 2 seconds to get a mana cost bonus that you want in OH !"/$%?&* spam moments. Holy world cooldown is almost useless unless they buff the spells.

Generally you should use the Lightwell as a mini-raid cooldown, so you should normally drop it when you'll have to heal afterwards. Still, feels weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorend View Post
    Generally you should use the Lightwell as a mini-raid cooldown, so you should normally drop it when you'll have to heal afterwards. Still, feels weak.
    That is not how lightwell is used. You usually drop it before the pull and then cast it again when it comes off cooldown. Having to hold on to it is going to reduce its effectiveness, nevermind you need to target it on a good spot and stuff on the fly.

Compare it to disc where it makes PI better if you use it on yourself and helps if you use it on someone else. It just does not work with Holy because it sort of goes against how the spell works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyleiran View Post
    That is not how lightwell is used. You usually drop it before the pull and then cast it again when it comes off cooldown. Having to hold on to it is going to reduce its effectiveness, nevermind you need to target it on a good spot and stuff on the fly.

Compare it to disc where it makes PI better if you use it on yourself and helps if you use it on someone else. It just does not work with Holy because it sort of goes against how the spell works.
    Yep...once again Blizz show their complete ignorance of their own spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Yep...once again Blizz show their complete ignorance of their own spells.
    The fact that they thought these set bonuses would actually be decent or even considered to be put on the PTR is just....

/sigh why do I even bother...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The fact that they thought these set bonuses would actually be decent or even considered to be put on the PTR is just....

/sigh why do I even bother...
    I feel ya bro.

The holy bonuses are complete CRAP. Who would use a lightwell in the middle of a fight unless it is off cd from precasting it at the beginning? The whole point of it is casting it and THEN drinking for a few secs and then pulling. And if your holy, your in Chakra: Sanctuary, which means the HW bonus is HW Sancuary, which has a heafty mana coast and is almost NEVER used on cooldown. It is very situational and should only be used when the raid is stacked. A holy priest does not need to cast HW sancuary that much because 1. It has a heavy mana cost and 2. It is not a very good heal, even when used correctly. Many other classes have FAR more effective area affect healing spells than us holy priests(Example: Healing Rain, covers larger area, heals more,lasts longer)

WEEELLLLLL thats my rant for the day. Hopefully they fix this, because I LOVE playing holy and really hope it just continues to be a playable spec in the future raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    I feel ya bro.
    Ive said it before ill say it again. The priest design team is on crack.
    /10charc

/waits patiently for the ban hammer.

Deleted
    2 piece bonus for Holy is really bad, but for Disc it's quite good.
    4 piece bonus is hopeless for Holy (especially if they don't fix Holy Word: Serenity) and for Discipline it'll be too "procy" and unreliable.

For Discipline 4 piece, I'd much rather have a permanent 10% bonus instead of a 10% chance for 100% bonus. It will work out the same, but will be a lot more reliable and predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmote View Post
    2 piece bonus for Holy is really bad, but for Disc it's quite good.
    4 piece bonus is hopeless for Holy (especially if they don't fix Holy Word: Serenity) and for Discipline it'll be too "procy" and unreliable.
    No the 2pc is horrible for disc, combined with 4pc itll be a free 45% mana cost reduction to PWS. Every minute and a half you get to bubble spam the entire raid hoping for that RNG 4pc to proc.....oh boy the one thing they tried to prevent and they just bring it back.

The set bonuses seem wholly weak for Holy, hm. As for Disc, I can see it bringing up the overall healing. The 100% shield buff could theoretically give you instant crit heals of anything up to 20k if you have the Prime glyph.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Quote Originally Posted by Tyleiran View Post
    That is not how lightwell is used. You usually drop it before the pull and then cast it again when it comes off cooldown.
    That's a pretty useless way to use it for a lot of fights IMO. It's alot more efficient to use it in high incoming damage phases, when you have disciplined raid members (as in they all click it at the same time after a big burst of damage). If you don't have such members, then I agree.

With that set-bonus, they want to promote smart use of it. But like I said, the bonus seems too weak. Also, the lightwell is unbalanced in 10-man vs 25-man, which makes it a poor choice.

I can see blizzard just ignoring holy at this point. surely if they had played the spec they would know both of those are completely useless. even for Disc T12 bonus' were better

Meh, I hope this isn't the final cut for healing priest set bonuses.