Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Last check before I order! - Last thread I swear! -

Yeah so it feels like I've been spamming this part of the forum the past days, however... this is the last one! I swear! (for a while atleast )

So I've putten togeather a computer package that I feel should be alright for what I'm looking for.
    I'm using the swedish site inet.se (They are going to build it for me etc).

Here is the link: http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/912456/check123
    Total price: 1161euro or 1567 dollar if you wish.

So my questions:
    1) Do you believe this setup will run WoW25, Diablo 3, BF3 at high / ultra settings?
    2) About the sound level, believe it will be bearable or should I add another fan and try to lower the noise? I suppose I could do this afterwards if the noise is annoying.
    3) When I check the moderboard I picked, it tells me the speed it supports is "Hastighet 2200(O.C.)*/2133(O.C.)*/1866(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066" as I picked a non OC RAM thats at 1600mhz speed, would it fully support it? Or should I look at a RAM with 1333mhz insted?
    4) A guild mate told me that my moderboard wouldnt fully support the GPU as it's not 2.0 PCI Express on the one I picked (Then he started to raid and couldnt talk more). What did he mean and should I look for another moderboard?
    5) Overall, what do you believe about this setup?

Hope someone can help me so I order within the next 3 days!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    Yeah so it feels like I've been spamming this part of the forum the past days, however... this is the last one! I swear! (for a while atleast )

So I've putten togeather a computer package that I feel should be alright for what I'm looking for.
    I'm using the swedish site inet.se (They are going to build it for me etc).

Here is the link: http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/912456/check123
    Total price: 1161euro or 1567 dollar if you wish.

So my questions:
    1) Do you believe this setup will run WoW25, Diablo 3, BF3 at high / ultra settings?
    2) About the sound level, believe it will be bearable or should I add another fan and try to lower the noise? I suppose I could do this afterwards if the noise is annoying.
    3) When I check the moderboard I picked, it tells me the speed it supports is "Hastighet 2200(O.C.)*/2133(O.C.)*/1866(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066" as I picked a non OC RAM thats at 1600mhz speed, would it fully support it? Or should I look at a RAM with 1333mhz insted?
    4) A guild mate told me that my moderboard wouldnt fully support the GPU as it's not 2.0 PCI Express on the one I picked (Then he started to raid and couldnt talk more). What did he mean and should I look for another moderboard?
    5) Overall, what do you believe about this setup?

Hope someone can help me so I order within the next 3 days!
    1 - yes
    2 - should be fine.
    3 - get 1600, you can easily set it to run at 1600 on your BIOS, and 1600 plays well with Sandy Bridge.
    4 - You're fine. That card and that board are perfect together.
    5 - solid. Get a heatsink for your processor so you can overclock.
    Also suggest getting low-profile ram like

ramCorsar 1600 MHz Vengeance Low-Profile 2X4GB – $57.99

So it doesn't conflict with your heatsink.

Thanks alot for the fast answer. Would be awesome with more tho!

One last question, you seem to know more then me atleast Uggorth.. what about the ehum, whats the english word for it "Computer box?" Got any suggestions? I currently picked the Cooler Master Storm scout, but might have any other to suggest as its out of order atm

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks alot for the fast answer. Would be awesome with more tho!

One last question, you seem to know more then me atleast Uggorth.. what about the ehum, whats the english word for it "Computer box?" Got any suggestions? I currently picked the Cooler Master Storm scout, but might have any other to suggest as its out of order atm
    "Case". I believe the British also use "Cabinet" or something similar.

The storm scout is a great case. Cases are all about personal preference.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    1 - yes
    2 - should be fine.
    3 - get 1600, you can easily set it to run at 1600 on your BIOS, and 1600 plays well with Sandy Bridge.
    4 - You're fine. That card and that board are perfect together.
    5 - solid. Get a heatsink for your processor so you can overclock.
    Also suggest getting low-profile ram like

ramCorsar 1600 MHz Vengeance Low-Profile 2X4GB – $57.99

So it doesn't conflict with your heatsink.
    ^ I agree with Uggor on everything. When you go into the BIOS for your RAM, make sure you set it at 800MHz though, not 1600MHz, it will double that number. A lot of people, including myself, have our first fail in thinking that the RAM was only running at 667MHz or 800MHz when it really is twice that.

Your friend does not know what he is talking about. Never ask for PC advice from him again, the GPU is PCI-E 2.0 x16 and the motherboard has 2 or 3 slots like that. Put it in the top one and prepare to make him jelly.

And I agree with Uggor, get a heatsink for your CPU, what kind of budget do you have left after all of this? If you can, convert it into US$. :P We want you to get the most out of your setup!

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 05:38 PM ----------

In order to help you find a case to replace that one if you want to get it sooner, answer these few questions for us:

1) Are you a stringent snob about any and all sound? (loltetrisGOAT, love you. :3 )
    2) Do you want/not want LEDs?
    3) How much expansion room do you want? (i.e. a mini-tower has very little, a mid-tower, like the Storm Scout last I checked has some, but still tries to not be too big, full tower is great for major expansion in the future, lots of room, great airflow usually as well.) In this case, how many more HDDs/SSDs would you like to add in the future?
    4) Do you have any size constraints? (Very related to #3.)
    5) Last but not least, do you like a more militaristic look, a more space-ship look, a more sleek look, or do not care either way so long as it holds your computer and does the above for you the way you want it to?

I feel these 5 quests are some of the best for anyone to ask themselves when considering a case for a custom-built computer. :P
    /bow
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The storm scout is a great case. Cases are all about personal preference.
    I'd say there are some baseline requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'd say there are some baseline requirements.
    @Uggor, yeah punk! What would you do without me hear to ask the important questions? :P
    "A flower.

My budget has gone over with about 100 euro due to picking up a SSD Thought I'd might aswell get one if I'm going to get a new computer.

Yeah Case is the word!

About the case:
    1) I want a decently quiet one. My current computer is so load (even in quiet mode) that when I play WOW people hear it when I speak on vt etc, sounds almost as one of those huuge fans you have to make the room cooler. I don't want to be annoyed by the sound when I play but it does not have to be 100 % quiet.

2) I suppose LED's would be cool the first week or two, but don't really care that much.

3) I'm most likley just going to buy a brand new computer in 2-3 years for the same price.

4) Not really, if I can't fit it on my desk, I can just have it under (and I even plan to buy a huge desk once me and my GF moves to a bigger place). So no.

5) Don't care as long as it does what its supposed to do and is fairly cheap.

My budget was: 10,000 sek ( about 1 077 euro) but as I said, the SSD brought it above it so prefer to make it as cheap or around that price as possible! and as I'm going to let the company im buying the comp from build it for me, it has to be from that site (www.inet.se) http://www.inet.se/kategori/48/datorlador <- link to their cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that site doesn't have many options. =S

If you'd like a supremely quiet one, go with any of the Fractal Designs. Though you won't be able to look in through any windows at your computer if you want to. I know I like to sometimes look in there at my work of art. :P

If you want to be able to look in, there's a few on that list that I'd suggest. If you want the quieter, with very few fans, go with the Corsair ones, as I believe they are more aimed at water-cooling and have less case fans. The Cooler Master HAF X on the other hand is what I have, and don't listen to tetrisGOAT, she makes it seem loud as can be, but honestly, big 200mm-230mm fans are very quiet. And since it only comes with one LED fan that you can always turn off, it gives you options.

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Medanielle View Post
    Looks good

You probably need to pay for Windows 7 though; you can't just torrent + burn it to a CD, that's illegal. What you could do is find someone who is a student and get them to get it for you cheaper.
    Coming to a computer forum and suggesting buying legit Windows 7.... Thanks for reading the rules.
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2011-09-25 at 05:58 PM.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome suggestions to get legit copies of windows, guys!

Deleted
    Try to find Windows at a reduced price (special offer for students, windows you used on your old computer etc.) because that would save you a lot of money. If you know someone that have built computers before you could also save some money.

969 kr for Windows
    795 kr for them to build it for you

As other have said the MB does support that GPU and you can easily set the RAM to 1600 in the BIOS. An aftermarket CPU cooler could be nice to have as well, don't know how loud the stock fans on that case are so I can't give you any advice. The setup looks great. I would personally buy another case because I don't like the looks and try to save some money (Windows/prebuilt) and get a nice CPU cooler or possibly a better GPU (maybe even i7 2600k since HP could be useful for some programs and hopefully even games).

I dont want a I7 because it will be kinda useless for me :P Once i7 will be avaiable for games ill probably buy a new one with it (gonna buty a new in 2-3 years).

I dont want to build it myself as Im not sure about how to do it and as I spend so much cash on it I dont want anything to go wrong.. besides I get like one or two more years of warranty letting them build it for me.

SO it seems to me that everything is top notch besides the case, gonna look into more cases tomorrow and try to make up my mind about SSD :P

Deleted
    I dont want a I7 because it will be kinda useless for me :P Once i7 will be avaiable for games ill probably buy a new one with it (gonna buty a new in 2-3 years).

I dont want to build it myself as Im not sure about how to do it and as I spend so much cash on it I dont want anything to go wrong.. besides I get like one or two more years of warranty letting them build it for me.

SO it seems to me that everything is top notch besides the case, gonna look into more cases tomorrow and try to make up my mind about SSD :P
    The case is fine. I think that the reason why people suggest other cases is because they have different taste, don't listen to what others think looks good because they're not the ones that are going to have it in their room for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkitozh View Post
    The case is fine. I think that the reason why people suggest other cases is because they have different taste, don't listen to what others think looks good because they're not the ones that are going to have it in their room for 5 years.
    Cable management requires some awkward solutions, if pictures are to go by.

And I think that if you're fine with that, you're going to feel fine with literally any computer case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Cable management requires some awkward solutions, if pictures are to go by.

And I think that if you're fine with that, you're going to feel fine with literally any computer case.
    My friend just bought a computer with that case, sadly he chose to let the store build it for him so I can't really ask him how cable management was. Looking at the pictures it does look kind of strange. Since OP is not building the computer himself he's not the one that has to deal with it so I guess it doesn't matter if it's hard to route the cables. I think the case was fine because it has got a decent amount of fans for that price range, that great handle for LAN parties and since he chose it he probably think it looks cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um... have you read the whole thread buddy? He specifically said that store is out of the Storm Scout, and thus I asked him some key questions about what he wants from a case, so then I looked at his options and described to him what each would be best at for different situations.

Please don't make condescending comments towards the rest of us when you have not read the entire thread. Most of us regulars here make suggestions based both on the facts we know about a specific item and (if appropriate) our own experience with said item.

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 08:37 PM ----------

My friend just bought a computer with that case, sadly he chose to let the store build it for him so I can't really ask him how cable management was. Looking at the pictures it does look kind of strange. Since OP is not building the computer himself he's not the one that has to deal with it so I guess it doesn't matter if it's hard to route the cables. I think the case was fine because it has got a decent amount of fans for that price range, that great handle for LAN parties and since he chose it he probably think it looks cool.
    A case is not made decent based on "decent amount of fans." What if they're all 80mm fans? They would be screaming and you'd want to cut your ears off. Please learn more about the benefits of choosing the right case before you post again about cases, as if you know anything about them.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Um... have you read the whole thread buddy? He specifically said that store is out of the Storm Scout, and thus I asked him some key questions about what he wants from a case, so then I looked at his options and described to him what each would be best at for different situations.

Please don't make condescending comments towards the rest of us when you have not read the entire thread. Most of us regulars here make suggestions based both on the facts we know about a specific item and (if appropriate) our own experience with said item.

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 08:37 PM ----------

A case is not made decent based on "decent amount of fans." What if they're all 80mm fans? They would be screaming and you'd want to cut your ears off. Please learn more about the benefits of choosing the right case before you post again about cases, as if you know anything about them.
    Oh, sorry

I've got around 20 tabs open with threads from the computer forum and I'm quite tired, guess I missed the part about the store not having the case. I'm also sorry about the part about me telling him not to care if people tell him that the case he likes looks awful. I wrote that because people have different taste.

As you said I don't know much about cases or building computers because I've never built one. I can also agree that my advice was far from as useful as it could have been if I had more experience. Regarding my comment about the fans: CM Storm Scout has room for 2x 140mm fans & 4x 120mm fans, clearly not 80mm as you said. I know that it doesn't matter how many fans there are if they are placed in a horribly way but I trust that CM know what they are doing. Even if it was bad it couldn't be that bad, especially when you consider the price of the case. If he feels like the included fans are not enough to cool his computer or they are too loud he can always buy a more expensive case or better fans. Since he had chosen a case in that pricerange I didn't want to recommend one that cost twice as much.

Again, I'm sorry for making my comment seem like I was talking about your suggestion. Since a few of my friends have recently bought new computer we've been talking about cases and it would always end with people bashing eachother based on the looks. I can't know for sure but someone could have changed from a great case that they thought looked cool to a worse case that other people said looked cool. I just wanted to inform him that what matters is what he thinks since he's the one that is going to have the computer in his room.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about looks, I care about functionality, and recommend as such. Which is why I recommend the HAF 912 as a mid tower case most often. It looks awkward, but for a mid tower has great spacing, dust filters, good fan support, and decent cable management.

I don't care about looks, I care about functionality, and recommend as such. Which is why I recommend the HAF 912 as a mid tower case most often. It looks awkward, but for a mid tower has great spacing, dust filters, good fan support, and decent cable management.
    I hope that's the + edition you mean. :P That said, there's a handful other cases at the pricepoint.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Advanced & HAF 912+
    NZXT Tempest Evo & Lexa S
    Fractal Design Define R3
    Silverstone Raven 03

And probably more cases that just slip my mind right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the HAF series makes little sense. I personally feel the HAF 912 is pretty damn ugly, the HAF 932 has a horrible side-panel. How they could come up with something so ridiculously ugly is beyond me. The HAF 922 looks good, and of course you all know how I feel about the 942 X, the kingpin - being an owner and all. ;p
    "A flower.