Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

So, about early game access

hey guys,
    probarly 80% of the people waiting for Swtor have pre ordered the game..so we all get early acces, but when do you guuys expect the early acces to begin ?

since the game launches on 22 december, will it be around november? or 1 week before?

your thoughts?

I read a post that said it wouldn't just be a weekend, so I'm thinking a whole week.

Also while we are on the question, does your early access get cut off on release day until you punch in your serial number?

Deleted
    Yes it should be a whole week before release, at least it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    I read a post that said it wouldn't just be a weekend, so I'm thinking a whole week.

Also while we are on the question, does your early access get cut off on release day until you punch in your serial number?
    Yes it should restrict you game access until you input the games serial, however all your details and so on will be saved until your full game serial is linked to your game account.

Most likely... to both. Probably a week from everything I have read (for some reason 6 days keeps coming to mind...) and yes probably have to enter serial # at midnight on Launch Day - or maybe relog if digital copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

I think it wont be as much as 3 weeks (november).
    My guess is 1 or 2 weeks.

Sucks because I go on holiday on the 21st for 2 weeks, I will have my laptop with me but my account will be cut off on the 23rd until I get home and open my CE

Correct me if i am wrong here but I believe Stephen Reid, Community Manager Forum Dude Guy (official title, I swear), has said that it will be DAYS and NOT WEEKS. Hope this clears up any confusion!

Very true i found the quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Reid
    Timing on Early Game Access for #SWTOR will be announced closer to launch. It'll be a number of days - not just a weekend.

Days not weeks, and not just a weekend, so im thinking between 4-7 days

Deleted
    Guess the early acess will start at the 15th oder 16th of december.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    While we're on this.. I pre-ordered from Amazon since my region wasn't supported. Does this mean that this pretty much negates the early access for me? Since Amazon seems to ship on the day of release, so in fact I'll probably get my copy a week or 2 after release date.

Deleted
    Amazon will send you an e-mail with your pre order key. You have to put it in your swtor.com account to gain access to early access. You will be informed via e-mail a few days before the start and can start downloading the client.

I believe they stated that early access will last a bit after launch as well because of the boxed copies possibly not coming in on time for the actual launch day. So you don't just get suddenly cut off

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that him saying "days" and not just a weekend (2 days) keeps it remarkably open for anything above 2 days. Simply put I think it is too early for them to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqanar View Post
    Guess the early acess will start at the 15th oder 16th of december.
    yea, that's what i was thinking, nearly a week of early access, just enough to get you out of the start zones before official launch day goes live and the starter zones explode
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by Eyildr View Post
    You do know that him saying "days" and not just a weekend (2 days) keeps it remarkably open for anything above 2 days. Simply put I think it is too early for them to say.
    Wasn't the beta 'weekends' acctually 3 days with the Monday included (or was that just me dreaming?)

Wasn't the beta 'weekends' acctually 3 days with the Monday included (or was that just me dreaming?)
    First one had an extra day because it was a US Holiday and they weren't there anyway.

While on the subject, I also have a question about early access: I guess it's kind of nitpicking, but will the "free month" of subscription time be ticking away as soon as we are let into early access, or at launch date? Anyone know this? It wasn't in the official FAQ.

Deleted
    I'd be very surprised if your "free" month didnt start at the official launch. Early access is your bonus for preordering.

My guess is that it would be either monday the 18 or friday the 16th for europe.

They have stated that early-acess will be days, NOT weeks. So anything over one week isn't going to happend.

And for the US people I think they'll get to play the game on wenesday the 14th. Tho, this is my guess.

Your early access is terminated a few day after the launch date. You will be told how much time you have left until you MUST enter a Cd key.

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 06:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FreakEyy View Post
    My guess is that it would be either monday the 18 or friday the 16th for europe.

They have stated that early-acess will be days, NOT weeks. So anything over one week isn't going to happend.

And for the US people I think they'll get to play the game on wenesday the 14th. Tho, this is my guess.

Just remember, even if it is only days and NOT weeks as they have said, you may recieve a week or less BEFORE the Early Access date to download the client. The client is around 30 to 40 gigs at the moment.