Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[1.9] Pre-release Discussion (Pre-release 5 is out!)

As many of you probably know, the next version of Minecraft is available for testing.

Prerelease 5:
    Client: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_9-pre5/minecraft.jar
    Server: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_9-pre5...aft_server.jar

Installation:
    Put minecraft.jar in %APPDATA%/.minecraft/bin (make sure to make a backup of your old minecraft.jar if you have any mods)

You can check the changelog for this update here.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2011-11-04 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh, I mght check taht our later, I asume it has NPCs and stuff now then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygersaf View Post
    Ohh, I mght check taht our later, I asume it has NPCs and stuff now then?
    Yup! They are placeholders though.

I just love how world is generated now with swamps and mountains. Mby they should've made transition between bioms a bit smoother tho.

Heheh the people with schlong noses are pretty neat Kinda look like that blue bird muppet with the heavy brow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope the placeholders get some new models..

10+ Year Old Account

hmmmmmm......
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire View Post
    Squidward
    hmmmmmm......

Deleted
    awesome chekin it out

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Namekians... inb4 ingame dragonball.
    That'd be cool though.

The update seems nice, hope more for the NPCs.
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Deleted
    haha i laughed really hard when i saw the npc's. but he its still quite cool

Deleted
    I got the 1.9 Pre-release, but ever since, my server world has been laggy as hell. Like, I load it up and connect and it just freezes. I have to force-quit Minecraft to even close the window.
    Ah geez. I don't know what to do.

try the x64 bit Java version

Quote Originally Posted by Sammagher View Post
    I got the 1.9 Pre-release, but ever since, my server world has been laggy as hell. Like, I load it up and connect and it just freezes. I have to force-quit Minecraft to even close the window.
    Ah geez. I don't know what to do.
    I had much the same problem with this. If you're running 64bit windows (x64) then try installing the 64bit version of Java. If you install the default one, it will download the version for your browser, which is probably running in 32bit mode. You need to go to the Java download page and click on the "See all Java downloads" link to find the correct installer.

Hope that helps
    Buzzrick

I really like what they did with Swamp biomes. They look really dark and eerie, like a swamp should! I also like the Snow Golems. I've yet to find an actual Snow biome, but I've had my fun with creating a snowy army in creative mode. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to make a courtyard full of snow golems with only one entrance. I'll then watch as mobs stream in and get pelted to death. Good times.

Looking forward to the prospect of the villages doing something. When they are fully working and functional, it would be interesting to see if they would create snow golems themselves.

it's tempting, but I have enough trouble with the buggy non-prerelease versions. >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Had a quick fly around a new map just to see some of the new stuff, i didn't come across any village even though they were supposed to be there, Lilly pads in the bogs with the vines looks good, in the nether there was supposed to be bridges...it actually go's a bit further than that to just about give you castles..there's stuff grows in the nether now as well and a new mob (yellow thing that has crystals? rotating about it and throws fireballs)...yet to see the mushroom areas though

15+ Year Old Account
    All I can think about these prereleases is notch saying "Hey Mincrafters, we put a test in your test so you can test while you test"

O_O

I just want this to come out so my server can update and get rid of our terrible map.. you want to know what I mean use the seed Norway.. (all water..)

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm... can't eat food on the server 1.9 ...