Thread: Server Names

10+ Year Old Account

Server Names

Last edited by Arkenaw; 2012-12-12 at 07:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brimstone :P Always thought it sounded cool.

EDIT:

ROFL, you have Brimstone as signature!

Elder Dragons.....

But I doubt. So....

Don't know, haven't studied the lore on GW yet!

Just for reference from the Wiki:

The game will be on multiple servers or "worlds," but players will not be bound to a world and may therefore change servers easily.
    Hopefully it'll be as easy as in GW1. Anyone remember if GW1 had server names, or was it just numbered and by region?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post

Hopefully it'll be as easy as in GW1. Anyone remember if GW1 had server names, or was it just numbered and by region?
    How is this gonna work? Is it gonna be like Runescape or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    How is this gonna work? Is it gonna be like Runescape or something?
    I dunno about runescape, but they said you'll be able to quickly and easily swap servers to play with friends who may be on other servers. There isn't too much info though, but maybe someone has found something about it...

10+ Year Old Account

GW1 just had multiple numbered districts in towns depending on how many players are there. I imagine switching servers will be something easy and in game like it was in 1, but you never know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggetmagic View Post
    Hopefully some of the choices will be:

Kryta
    Ascalon
    Shiverpeaks
    Crystal Desert
    Maguuma Jungle
    The Mists
    ect..
    i'd go Escalon, just sounds right. ;'). This time i'm going fully PvP at the start anyways :-)

10+ Year Old Account

it was

American district 1
    American District 2
    American District 3
    International district...

International district was shared by all regions but almost nobody used it, local districts (american in this case) were copies of the outpost that kept getting added the more people were in an outpost so some cities during holiday events had over 100 local districts full of people. there were no "servers" the districts would be added as needed and when you left you got your own copy of the zone you entered

EDIT: you got i think 5 region transfers per account that you could align yourself with the different regions, but once you picked a region you hung out with all the people in that region
    Last edited by Glytch; 2011-09-27 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    EDIT: you got i think 5 region transfers per account that you could align yourself with the different regions, but once you picked a region you hung out with all the people in that region
    Most of your post is correct, except for this part.
    You once used to have only 5 region transfers per account, but somewhere along the line that got changed in an update, giving every person freedom to move to whichever district/server they wanted, as often as they wanted. I commonly find myself switching back and forth between EU and US districts when trying to sell items for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydramith View Post
    Most of your post is correct, except for this part.
    You once used to have only 5 region transfers per account, but somewhere along the line that got changed in an update, giving every person freedom to move to whichever district/server they wanted, as often as they wanted. I commonly find myself switching back and forth between EU and US districts when trying to sell items for example.
    forgot about that update

shows how old i am at GW