Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

No more funny characters in names on US realms

North American realms (excluding Brazilian, Latin American, and Oceanic realms) no longer permit letters with accents in character or guild names. Existing character and guild names with special characters will be unaffected by this change.
    I'm looking forward to this. Always hated them, but sady not all will be gone.

looooooong time coming this change

just a pity that its not being implemented on all current names

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome. Now only if they could force a name change on anyone currently using one, and at the same time force a name change on any character who hasn't logged in in over 3 months. This would free up a lot of names going unused so that people being forced to get rid of that retarded character have more options.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Don't really see the need for this to happen, but it doesn't affect me.. so meh

Deleted
    I'm hoping to see this feature implemented upon the EU realms as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    THank god. So sick of it, especially when people don't even use the characters properly.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    at the same time force a name change on any character who hasn't logged in in over 3 months. This would free up a lot of names going unused so that people being forced to get rid of that retarded character have more options.
    You can put in a ticket asking for a name and if the person with it has been off for so long they will give you the name.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    looooooong time coming this change

just a pity that its not being implemented on all current names
    So your saying anyone that had origioinally planned not to use a special character should be forced to change their name to something else? I wanted the name Xenii on my server but a lvl 1 took it so i have to use Xenií....now i have to change my name to Xeniyyts?

Doesnt seem fair to me....not to mention if you cant use the special characters any name that is going to be made from now on isnt going to be illedgible..

I think that they shouldnt be completely outlawed..but limited to 1 or 2 special characters...not 7

EDIT: I sent a ticket in but they said i cant change it becuase the lvl 1 has logged in within 3 months...eve though its a lvl 1

10+ Year Old Account
    Shits racist!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

It used to be that they weren't allowed at all. Then they changed them to allow them, and now they change it back? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    THank god. So sick of it, especially when people don't even use the characters properly.
    Amen. I could see allowing it if the name was pronounceable but most people have no clue even what language the character they chose is from, let alone what it sounds like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noooo, well okay it's fine, I only have one character with a special mark in its name

Quote Originally Posted by Toator View Post
    You can put in a ticket asking for a name and if the person with it has been off for so long they will give you the name.
    No they actually won't. I know from experience.

About time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    They will, but certain conditions have to be met. In your case, those conditions were apparently not met.

about time......never saw the use for them anyways

Yes they actually will. I've gotten 2 name from putting in tickets and asking.

Actually, they will if the account is not active. I've done several name changes by putting in a ticket to free up a list of names I had come up with. If you just go with one name then it's hit or miss, but if you give them like 4 or 5 names at once, your chances of getting a name you want increase dramatically.

OT: I think you should be able to have at least one special character. I don't have any in mine and loathe those that spell their names in all special characters, but for the person that xfers to another realm, unable to obtain their particular name they've gone by for years cuz a lvl 1 has it, should at least have the chance to get their name close to what it was with one special character.
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by a1derful1 View Post
    Actually, they will if the account is not active. I've done several name changes by putting in a ticket to free up a list of names I had come up with. If you just go with one name then it's hit or miss, but if you give them like 4 or 5 names at once, your chances of getting a name you want increase dramatically.
    That's interesting. Granted this was a good two years ago but I spoke to a couple of GMs and they all said that they unfortunately don't provide this kind of service and that there was nothing that could be done.

You know, i kinda wish they'd do this on English speaking European realms as well. In all my time playing WoW, its always been annoying having to type someones name with a special character, then having to open up the character map in order to input it. Hackers in PvP also seem to use them a lot, because they realise the majority of people reporting them vial a ticket won't be able to spell the name correctly.
    Last edited by Xucuroz; 2011-09-27 at 11:22 PM.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies