View Poll Results: Are you pre-ordering SWTOR?

Voters
387. This poll is closed
  • No

63 16.28%
  • Yes

324 83.72%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i did like 4/5 months ago

I have had pre-order paid off before "Official" pre-orders were even out. I bumped to the CE when it was announced although since I have lost my income I may just go back down to the "normal" version.

Already done. CE since the day they went on sale.

Done and done. Will be the last time I order from Gamestop though...they don't have a pre order code for me which is costing me early access. Grrrr-face.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalgren8725 View Post
    Done and done. Will be the last time I order from Gamestop though...they don't have a pre order code for me which is costing me early access. Grrrr-face.
    It's not their fault, retailers have run dry of pre-order codes because they were limited. You should've ordered sooner
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

No. About two thirds of the beta testers I've talked to have told me that I'll be disappointed with the game if it stays even close to how it is currently.
    Which really makes me sad. WoW really needs competition, else it will continue to get worse and worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wenslydale View Post
    i did like 4/5 months ago
    Uhm, you couldn't pre-order the game back then..
    On-topic, why aren't there any option for those who already have pre-ordered? :/
    Because I believe that many in here (including me, obviously) pre-ordered a long time ago.

Deleted
    I will pre order it just for the early access

Quote Originally Posted by Zalgren8725 View Post
    I preordered from Gamestop probably the 3rd or 4th day and I got a code. It printed right on the receipt. Did they stop doing this or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Royi View Post
    I preordered from Gamestop probably the 3rd or 4th day and I got a code. It printed right on the receipt. Did they stop doing this or something?
    They might've run out of pre-order codes, as they have a limited amount of 'em. Which both Gamestop (atleast the swedish Gamestop) and Bioware mentioned when they announced that they were letting people pre-order. So truthfully it's his own fault for being too slow on pre-ordering. Though he could always try another store and hope that they still have a code.

Well I just pre ordered my copy just a few minutes ago. At first I wasn't going to pre order since I've never done it with any other game before, but after thinking about it quite extensively for a good length of time I decided to take the plunge. I know what this game is going to offer MMO wise, I know it's not reinventing the wheel and will be quite similar to other traditional MMOs, but I'm satisfied with that. I've seen plenty of videos some NDA breaking and some official ones from conventions, and I've also read many reviews from people who have had on hands experiences with it and this has all allowed me to make an informed decision on getting this game. With all of this knowledge at my disposal it has made it perfectly clear that I want to get into the game asap, I want to be one of the first to walk through the proverbial door on launch day.

I even went as far as to get the collectors edition which is also a first for me, the CE just has so many bonus items that I think I'll enjoy especially the music cd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pre-ordered 5 minutes after I got the e-mail announcement and got my registration key/entered it about one minute later.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-ordered ages ago. Actually before coming to this thread I was thinking to myself "I bet the author didn't think to include more options than yes or no"

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and my husband both preordered collectors edition. =[ He hates spending a lot of money at once, so we ordered pretty late! Only one of us got an early access code... oh the tragedy!

Only thing I have to say - be careful where you order from! Heaps of places are already out of early-access codes!

Already done. CE from Amazon because my country is not included in the preorder list. Well the only bad thing is that I wont be able to play it till march because on my ship there is no internet. Atleast my gf will be happy .

Deleted
    Already done. As soon as the Pre-order option became available went for the digital option. I just hope there arent any issues on lanch day.

I preordered the CE last month from Gamestop.

If you preordered from Gamestop (or any other retailer) and failed to get an early access code, I suggest contacting that store's customer service. I got told when I pre-ordered that the codes were sold out and to come back later. I came back a week later and got told the codes were expired. I e-mailed Gamestop customer support and had my code through e-mail by that weekend. Registered it and it said I had the SE which I fully expected. Something tells me that retailers don't realize the SE and CE early access codes are the same ones now so claim they're sold out when they have plenty. This is likely just due to miscommunication rather than lack of codes from a retailer.

In other words, don't believe a retailer when they tell you they're out of codes. They're talking out their ass. E-mail or call the store's customer service. You fail to get a code that way, go elsewhere. There's plenty of other retailers online and local that will happily give you a code for your business.

10+ Year Old Account
    edit: Going to cancel my order with Gamestop. As of right now (October 03) Amazon has more Collector's Editions in stock! They didn't the other day when I checked. Just got an early access code. Not sure how long they will last, so if you're unsure whether or not to pre-order, I'd say do it now while ya still can get a code!
    Last edited by Tierst; 2011-10-04 at 01:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    pre-ordered yesterday, was going to wait to see if I could get into beta, since I hated ME1/2 and KOTOR 1/2, but who was I kidding, I'm going to buy it anyway
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

you hate some of the most epic games ever made? how can you?!:O