Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Dave Grohl doesn't play WoW, none of the band members do. But they've played the Spike VGA's before, and Dave did Blizzcon last year.

And I'll just leave this here:

10+ Year Old Account
    A band like them doing Blizzcon?? Blizzard must have paid big or dave grohl plays WoW xD

awesome news all the same

I'm quite excited for this.
    Blizz had been picking good choices for their BlizzCons lately with Ozzie and D, Foo Fighters should be no exception!

Also the drummer for Queens of the Stone Age.Probably the most talented musician out there today.Puts out good music and doesn't get caught up in all the hype.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty jelly right now that all I'll be able to do is watch them over the directv connection

Current UI : Download
    Boss Kills: YouTube | Vimeo

As much as I like the Foo Fighters, it just doesn't seem to fit right with Blizzcon. Neither did Ozzy. Tenacious D seemed to fit well with Blizz's in game persona, though.

Now, if you excuse me. *retreats to a bomb shelter before being mobbed by angry forum posters*

Quote Originally Posted by Velossa View Post
    As much as I like the Foo Fighters, it just doesn't seem to fit right with Blizzcon. Neither did Ozzy. Tenacious D seemed to fit well with Blizz's in game persona, though.

Now, if you excuse me. *retreats to a bomb shelter before being mobbed by angry forum posters*
    There are probably only a handful of musicians out there that 'fit with Blizz's persona' as you say. You're right, Tenacious D is probably on par... VGL was also a good match. But who else could they get? Jonathan Coulton? Not everyone likes niche-y, geeky music/humor/etc. I'd much rather have Foo Fighters than, say, more than, say, Felicia Day on bagpipes. Yrgh.

Deleted
    I was lucky enough to see the Foo Fighters at Milton Keynes this year and it was without doubt one of the best nights of my life. I had no intention of buying a virtual ticket prior to this announcement but as soon as I read this I bought my ticket... Great music and fantastic musicians and in my personal opinion the best front man around today!

10+ Year Old Account
    wtf... Never even heard of them... they should bring bands everyone knows about... like Avenged Sevenfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Velossa View Post

To me, this fits. Solely for the fact that Dave Grohl already played at Blizzcon last year (he did drums for Tenacious D). Was completely unexpected and totally awesome.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    wtf... Never even heard of them... they should bring bands everyone knows about... like Avenged Sevenfold.
    ... Who?

See what I did there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    'Hardcore' raiders remind me of my two-year-old. "Yes, I put it down and I'm not playing with it anymore, but YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT MINE MINE MINE MINE!"

Deleted
    go bring cannibal corpse, at least someone of them has/had an connection to wow >_>

:edit: dave grohl is actually a pretty cool guy, just saying

They're going to close with Everlong, and it WILL be epic.

Also, Foo Fighters are pretty well recognized and have a sound that isn't absolutely abrasive to people who aren't a fan of it. I shutter to think of having to listen to crap like Cannibal Corpse.
    Last edited by Papalenin; 2011-09-30 at 12:09 AM.

Couldn't get past the second comment without facepalming.

You're disappointing me MMO champ.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychos View Post
    ... Who?

See what I did there?
    know, eye dont sea wut u did therr.

Foo Fighters are

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

see what I did?

But seriously, they need a band that spans multiple genres and The Foo Fighters fits the bill.
    Last edited by Dald; 2011-09-30 at 12:14 AM.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of having a band play they should just put Jay Mohr back up. Too bad they didn't get the Blue Man Group.

They should get them to play dressed in Panda costumes, now that would be epic even if you don't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    And just like that, my faith is restored.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by casuallyhardcore View Post
    They should get them to play dressed in Panda costumes, now that would be epic even if you don't like them.

OMG OMG OMG

Haven't read whole thread but Foo fighters -----> Kung Fu ----> Pandaren ---> Mists of Pandaria

O M G

Damnnnnn that would be slick by blizz to put it right in there where every one can see without actually saying that it's going to actually be MoP and Pandaren for next expansion