Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I didn't think the voice acting was that bad in GW1. But then again the only one I've heard recently is my derivsh.
    Well, Factions is the main culprit for bad voice acting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Haha, I can't disagree with that. Especially Master Togo, I think that's his name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well it was asian themed...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    However the Factions trailer is one of my favorite game-trailers of all times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87kahzFP_E4
    It was fucking beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question. So we have the weapon swap button to switch between our two equipped weapon sets, but are there any restrictions to switching out your equipped weapon sets other than the small amount of time it takes to do it? Like can you switch the sets out during combat?

Quote Originally Posted by MalazanFan View Post
    Quick question. So we have the weapon swap button to switch between our two equipped weapon sets, but are there any restrictions to switching out your equipped weapon sets other than the small amount of time it takes to do it? Like can you switch the sets out during combat?
    pg. 481, post #9610
    Quote Originally Posted by Plagous View Post
    You cannot physically change your weapons (drag an item from your inventory and equip it) while in combat. You can, however, swap between your two currently set weapon sets while in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by MalazanFan View Post
    In combat, I believe you can only swap between the 2 weapon sets you have equipped with a cooldown of somewhere around 8-10 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my memory must suck because I definitely read p481. Thanks for the answers!

What? That computer must be 10+ years old then because GW isn't demanding at all.
    It's nearly seven years old but that's close enough.

Deleted
    I wonder if we're going to see Cantha in GW2 someday (as an expansion most likely), as it was before everything changed.

Really looking forward to it because of this:
    *spoilers*
    The defeat of Shiro Tagachi ended the plague that had afflicted Cantha. However, it took adventurers and members of the imperial guard a few grueling years to track down all of the Afflicted and the remnants of the Shiro'ken army that the Betrayer had unleashed in his final attempt to destroy the empire.

Over the past few years, life has begun to spring up in Echovald Forest as many areas have seen new growth take hold. Some even claim to have seen a change in the Jade Sea—small pools of water forming or even waves moving beneath the frozen surface—but these reports are unsubstantiated rumors at best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yaaay! I finished GW:EN. Now to complete the others. :< Uggh, I don't wanna go back to the Gates of Pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Yaaay! I finished GW:EN. Now to complete the others. :< Uggh, I don't wanna go back to the Gates of Pain.
    Meh. Gate of Pain is nothing compared to the next mission after, Gate of Madness. >_<
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

15+ Year Old Account
    I will help you if you want, pm me your in game name and I'll log in.
    Unfortunately I've been up all night and should be going to bed here soon. Hopefully...if sleep is kind. >_>

Brendan Drain from Massively released his Eurogamer reviews today. Article includes Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and End of Nations.

Disappointing that he had nothing good to say about SW:TOR though. But, you have to work with what they give you I guess.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/10...mer-expo-2011/
    Last edited by Plagous; 2011-10-01 at 05:49 PM.

Brendan Drain from Massively released his Eurogamer reviews today. Article includes Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and End of Nations.

Disappointing that he had nothing good to say about SW:TOR though. But, you have to work with what they give you I guess.

He made some good points. I can't say I agree with his stance on SWTOR mainly because of this quote a commenter made.

I think it's because Trion was never challenged like this when they said, "We're not in Azeroth anymore," suggesting their game was different, whereas BioWare has never suggested anything of the kind and they're getting bashed for doing exactly what they said they were.
    This commenter was commenting on the fact that people are bashing SWTOR and Massively is kinda sorta getting in on it as well for SWTOR not being really innovative, but I remember how much hype Rift was getting from Massively when it was about to launch, but underneath the "dynamic events" that are going to pale in comparison to GW2, Rift offers nothing new, strip away their Rift invasions and you have the holy trinity and the same hot key style combat that WoW offers as well as the quests are very similar to the quests in WoW.

Bioware has never said that they are absolutely offering something that is completely different from the norm, but Trion has at least implied this and it seems that Massively has never called them out on this fact that the Rift invasions are the only thing new about the game.

Reading his bit on ToR further solidifies several worries I've had about the game for awhile now. Wife's eager to get it just because it's Star Wars, but after what happened with Galaxies (and much of the expanded universe in recent years), I've been losing my faith in the franchise.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Reading his bit on ToR further solidifies several worries I've had about the game for awhile now. Wife's eager to get it just because it's Star Wars, but after what happened with Galaxies (and much of the expanded universe in recent years), I've been losing my faith in the franchise.
    Galaxies got screwed up because Sony wanted more money. They saw WoW doing so well and they wanted to be up there on their level too, this caused them to try not one but two "game fixes" this started pissing off their loyal fanbase that was content with the old way so they simply just voted with their wallets and left. Also Galaxies did manage to stay in business for a few years after these changes. I feel that Galaxies could of gone f2p, but I think there was some behind the scenes stuff going on between Sony and Lucas that made this a no go, probably licensing contracts or some such stuff.

I think ToR will be fine if people go in knowing what to expect which is a traditional MMO that follows the Everquest/WoW type mechanics that emphasizes story telling. Also if ToR doesn't go through "game fixes" like Galaxies did then there shouldn't be a problem.

We should probably stop talking about this since it's getting off topic though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that review was pretty unthought-out, but oh well.

Let's get back to GW2!

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

This is an actual ingame screenshot, not concept art:

---------- Post added 2011-10-01 at 09:02 PM ----------

I think I may have found my favorite Dynamic Event in the game. Holy mother of god...

One word, “Cattlepult”. A brilliant, or insane, depending on how you look at it; charr Iron Legion engineer has invented a device to help get food to charr towns that are under siege by enemies and running out of food. The device, the cattlepult, flings charr’s favorite food—cattle—from massive distances over the walls of besieged cities to deliver food to the friendly forces trapped inside. In the event, a rancher brings a small herd of cattle up from a nearby cattle ranch and delivers them to the Iron Legion engineer. Using his prototype Cattlepult, the engineer begins lobbing cattle at a nearby hill to test the velocity and angle for the Cattlepult to prepare it for use on the front lines. The first cow that a lands on the hill enrages a group of harpies who live on that hill, and an event begins to protect the cattle and the engineer from the rampaging harpy horde. If players can manage to drive off the harpies and save the cattle, a mini-game begins where players in the area can bet on where each cattle launched by the Cattlepult will land. Each correct guess of a cows landing location awards the players a cow token, which they can turn in to a nearby merchant for a number of cool and unique rewards, like cow bells.
    Source: http://huntersinsight.com/2011/05/07/qft-the-czechs/
    Last edited by Alatian; 2011-10-02 at 04:03 AM.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

That sounds like loads of fun and that screen shot is pretty damn cool.