Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    talk to some women and see if you're still "cute"
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

15+ Year Old Account
    Whoever says "Handsome isn't in a girl's vocabulary these days" clearly isn't handsome and hasn't been called handsome. It exists, you just need to earn it. I feel bad for you poor souls who think that it does not. It's a wonderful thing to be called.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    True, most only know "hot".

Todays younger women don't seem to want handsome, do you see all the guys with those spacer earrings or the ones who hit the gym 7 times a day and look like they are going to explode? Women, sometimes even intelligent women seem to want the gruff trailer trash or wife beater type guy.

Handsome is what you go for if you want a commitment, girls don't seem to want real commitment these days. The closest they get is clinging on to an "assertive" jackass who they believe will change or they have made up some secret nice identity they have.

The nice handsome guys girls will constantly keep in the friend zone. You could very well be handsome they just want to string you along without getting any serious ideas by calling you cute. They leave you in the mystery state you are in because they like to torture you while they go out with fugly jackasses.
    I love your style. Complete generalisations, but theres some accuracy to it.

Cute = Ugly but Interesting looking.

Deleted
    Perhaps you might not fit into the "handsome" category, but into the "cute" one?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They leave you in the mystery state you are in because they like to torture you while they go out with fugly jackasses.

The movie Idiocracy is becoming a reality and I blame women for always going after the jock, gangster, muscle bound idiots while keeping good men as "just friends"
    You sound like the bitter bunch of guys on another forum I frequent.

I don't fully disagree but I'll say this.

If you believe what you just typed then try to be a bit of a jackass if you want the woman.

It's the same for women though. Dominant personalities will always take the cake. The nice girl waiting for you to make the first move usually gets her guy stolen by the loud drunk chick.

You attract exactly what you put out.

I agree with Krekko. Handsome is just a different look than cute. It's not that "handsome" isn't in a girl's vocabulary, it's just rare to find anyone who fits that description.

Personally, I'll say cute for three reasons: you have a baby face, I'm in a cuddly/bubbly mood, or I think you're not good looking and I'm trying to be nice.

you know, the same thing happens to me! omg i dont wanna be cute i want to be handsome!! >:O
    *edit* i mean girls around my age 18-23
    but older women say im handsome
    Last edited by pootisbird; 2011-10-02 at 08:31 PM.

if your mom doesn't even say you're handsome, you're kinda screwed dude

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually only older women use the word handsome, in my opinion--- but that just might be because only older men fit most girl's definition of handsome. If they call you cute, take it as a compliment. Girls like teh cuties <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I find "handsome" to mean a hot sexy guy (who is still sexy) just... past his prime. Dial back it back 10-20 years, and there might be a different adjective for him, just not handsome.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Whoever says "Handsome isn't in a girl's vocabulary these days" clearly isn't handsome and hasn't been called handsome. It exists, you just need to earn it. I feel bad for you poor souls who think that it does not. It's a wonderful thing to be called.
    I've gotten one handsome I've been called gorgeous several times and i've had women screech in delight from across the room about my looks. I just prefer handsome because cute reminds me of hello kitty and my little ponies.

The nice handsome guys girls will constantly keep in the friend zone. You could very well be handsome they just want to string you along without getting any serious ideas by calling you cute. They leave you in the mystery state you are in because they like to torture you while they go out with fugly jackasses.

The movie Idiocracy is becoming a reality and I blame women for always going after the jock, gangster, muscle bound idiots while keeping good men as "just friends"
    Yeah this is just about it right here. I get called cute all the time and look at me, im single and in the friend zone with multiple girls. It sucks to be nice all the time and get no benefit out of it at all...
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    the word handsome usually isn't in today's girls' vocabulary.
    I agree with this, handsome isn't a word put in common use anymore, it's going the way of thou.

Remember this, sex between three people is a threesome, sex between two people a twosome, why in the hell is handsome still a compliment ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tlalocan View Post
    I love your style. Complete generalisations, but theres some accuracy to it.
    Of coarse it's generalizing, should I describe every single woman in the world?

Maybe more women should prove me wrong if they don't want these generalizations to appear. I'm not just saying they should be more interested in me because I'm a nice guy but I work at a store and see an unbelievable amount of women who are clinging to the biggest and sometimes even ugly morons.

Women seem to date down a lot but typically to the stupider rather then the uglier. It's a shame the movie Idiocracy is becoming true because so many women want to be with the steroid football jock then the average-to-good looking smart gentlemen.

Deleted
    Don't get surprised if you're 14-17 (mainly) and don't get called handsome by girls in equivalent age seeing as it gets used more and more the older you get (late 20's).

10+ Year Old Account
    Of coarse it's generalizing, should I describe every single woman in the world?

Maybe more women should prove me wrong if they don't want these generalizations to appear. I'm not just saying they should be more interested in me because I'm a nice guy but I work at a store and see an unbelievable amount of women who are clinging to the biggest and sometimes even ugly morons.

Women seem to date down a lot but typically to the stupider rather then the uglier. It's a shame the movie Idiocracy is becoming true because so many women want to be with the steroid football jock then the average-to-good looking smart gentlemen.
    How are you convinced all of these men with their dates are morons? Do you know them all personally? I am assuming no because you say you see them at the store, but maybe I missed something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Handsome - Well kept, clean, kempt. Clothes are pressed, and impressionable, you're looking good and sharp.

Hot/sexy- You're looking hot and sexy and a good prime sexual candidate. This one actually means the least out of all of them because while Hot/sexy guys might be eye candy, there is usually too many cons that go with it. If your girlfriend or the girl you like calls you this though, it means that you're getting some tonight. Or right then and there.

Gorgeous - This is a weird thing for a girl to call a guy. It's more the feminine version of Handsome, but if you get called it, it's a strong plus. It means that you're a visually striking candidate. Usually not "soft" like cute guys.

Cute- Despite what mindless people in this thread thing, cute isn't a bad thing. It doesn't mean you're ugly, it just means that you're cute. It means that you're more yourself, you're more relaxing, less worried about being visually impresionable, and less visually striking. Cute guys are softer, usually more sloppy and messy and clueless, but that's not a bad thing. They are innocent and themselves. Cute guys can be Handsome at times with some cleaning up, but the thing about Cute guys is that cute guys most of the time have the girls, because they are more often than not the majority.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by GDiamond View Post
    How are you convinced all of these men with their dates are morons? Do you know them all personally? I am assuming no because you say you see them at the store, but maybe I missed something.
    QTF,
    Yet I still see a lot of girls dating the wife-beater type, which I hate with a passion because they look like tools >.<!

---------- Post added 2011-10-02 at 08:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Handsome - Well kept, clean, kempt. Clothes are pressed, and impressionable, you're looking good and sharp.

Hot/sexy- You're looking hot and sexy and a good prime sexual candidate. This one actually means the least out of all of them because while Hot/sexy guys might be eye candy, there is usually too many cons that go with it. If your girlfriend or the girl you like calls you this though, it means that you're getting some tonight. Or right then and there.

Gorgeous - This is a weird thing for a girl to call a guy. It's more the feminine version of Handsome, but if you get called it, it's a strong plus. It means that you're a visually striking candidate. Usually not "soft" like cute guys.

Cute- Despite what mindless people in this thread thing, cute isn't a bad thing. It doesn't mean you're ugly, it just means that you're cute. It means that you're more yourself, you're more relaxing, less worried about being visually impresionable, and less visually striking. Cute guys are softer, usually more sloppy and messy and clueless, but that's not a bad thing. They are innocent and themselves. Cute guys can be Handsome at times with some cleaning up, but the thing about Cute guys is that cute guys most of the time have the girls, because they are more often than not the majority.
    What's between Cute and Hot?