Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    Is that BPT in those screenshots when you're explaining solar/lunar energy? If so, how did you skin it like that? Mine is so ugly. :/
    Those screenshots came from Qieth or Calculated so I can't say with 100% certainty, but it certainly DOES look like BPT. Mine looks like that as well. How does yours look any different?

---------- Post added 2011-10-01 at 06:44 PM ----------

I added in a few new sections. Involving set bonuses and trinkets, as well as information on my favorite new addon (plus video), WeakAuras.

I've still got a few more sections I'd like to add, but my brain currently hurts.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

You're doing a good job, Sunfyre.

But you still didn't answer me on that video! What was the "bam" about? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
    You're doing a good job, Sunfyre.

But you still didn't answer me on that video! What was the "bam" about? :P
    Shooting Stars while in Eclipse.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    having trouble finding out if chance on hit mastery trinkets activating during eclipse will change the bonus damage dynamically or if the value established entering eclipse stays locked in during. answer?

edit - spelling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    In the introduction I mention that the core of the guide was written by Qieth and then maintained by Calculated.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2011-09-28 at 08:14 PM ----------as well as devaluing Starsurge (basically making it a Starfire with a Wrath cast time).
    No it's not a 'starfire with a wrath casttime' - it's energy values are different, it's useage is different, its just a different spell..

i think i like that clear casting type weakaura. think you can PM some imports so i can try it out? im not good at messing with new things lol

Very nice guide. That "Bam" noise on the rotation video gave me a fucking heart attack. Had my headset turned up to max volume rofl.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

The second BiS trinket is currently Darkmoon Card: Volcano but ONLY if you can reach the 2637 haste cap with it. If not, the Necromantic Focus is ideal. Please note, however, that the DMC: Volcano is still better than the non-heroic Necromantic Focus. That is, of course, unless you are in a heavy solar cleave fight. (See: Heroic Ragnaros, Lord Rhyolith, etc). In a fight where you will be relying a lot on Solar cleave and Wild Mushrooms, the mastery gain from either Necromantic Focus makes it more desirable than the DMC: Volcano, regardless of your hastecap.
    With our legendary wielding shadow priests hogging the DI(making DI breakpoint not viable) is heroic necromantic and capacitor best combo? I've been tending towards them from gut feeling simply because DMC being a proc trinket doesn't always get things lined up for best usage vs passive constant bonus.
    With a few juggles could also hit the 2637 with necromantic instead of DMC as well if I ever bribe DI back.

Quote Originally Posted by creepfest View Post
    having trouble finding out if chance on hit mastery trinkets activating during eclipse will change the bonus damage dynamically or if the value established entering eclipse stays locked in during. answer?

edit - spelling
    Mastery is dynamic on spell cast, not on eclipse entry(though from memory the tooltip on your eclipse will stay at entry value). If it was on entry maintained then theralions with that stupid mushroom trinket would be very OP for solar cleave fights.
    Last edited by axxey; 2011-10-02 at 01:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    No it's not a 'starfire with a wrath casttime' - it's energy values are different, it's useage is different, its just a different spell..
    It does about the same damage as Starfire. With the cast time of Wrath.

---------- Post added 2011-10-02 at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zearrow View Post
    i think i like that clear casting type weakaura. think you can PM some imports so i can try it out? im not good at messing with new things lol
    The funky clear casting weak aura isn't actually clear casting. It's only up if I have volcanic disruption proc while in a high eclipse state. Helps remind me to refresh dots.

---------- Post added 2011-10-02 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    With our legendary wielding shadow priests hogging the DI(making DI breakpoint not viable) is heroic necromantic and capacitor best combo? I've been tending towards them from gut feeling simply because DMC being a proc trinket doesn't always get things lined up for best usage vs passive constant bonus.
    With a few juggles could also hit the 2637 with necromantic instead of DMC as well if I ever bribe DI back.

Mastery is dynamic on spell cast, not on eclipse entry(though from memory the tooltip on your eclipse will stay at entry value). If it was on entry maintained then theralions with that stupid mushroom trinket would be very OP for solar cleave fights.
    Yep, without breakpoint, heroic NF and VPLC is your best bet.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

What if I get DI and can get 2637 haste even without DMC:V? Should I drop it then?
    Former BOOMkin bad ass...

Quote Originally Posted by Sysunia View Post
    What if I get DI and can get 2637 haste even without DMC:V? Should I drop it then?
    Kinda wondering this also, if I use my Signet of the Fifth Circle with Necromantic Focus and a couple of different reforges to your BiS list can hit it.

Deleted
    Lovely guide, however, why is Lunar Shower not reccomended?

Do you think I should use the cookie cutter build on my char, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eunit/advanced
    Last edited by mmocae9bd67536; 2011-10-03 at 01:41 PM.

Luner Shower on mulit target is realy bad because it takes you out of eclipse wich you dont want since your using sunfire and shrooms for most of the time. And for single it takes away one eclipsed hard cast and only give a realy minor dmg icrease on moonfire/sunfire. Endels sunfire spam with almost no mana cost and 135% direct dmg increase was to strong so blizzard nerfed it to the point its compleatly useless...
    Former BOOMkin bad ass...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Kinda wondering this also, if I use my Signet of the Fifth Circle with Necromantic Focus and a couple of different reforges to your BiS list can hit it.
    I think it really depends what other gear you're sacrificing to get there. I suggest you check out WrathCalcs. I've simmed Fiery Quintessance & DMC: Volcano, for example, to hit it, but it was a DPS loss versus using Fiery Quintessance and VPLC.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Stuck at the office as usual when brousing these forums, anyone feel like running some iterations?

Even just your BiS linked in here with boots reforged spirit > haste and belt crit > spirit, gains 22haste(above cap) for 9 mastery and 13 of the overcapped hit.

Puts haste high enough that necromantic + signet of fifth circle can swap in staying over DI haste cap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sysunia View Post
    And for single it takes away one eclipsed hard cast and only give a realy minor dmg icrease on moonfire/sunfire.
    I am still using lunar shower tho I simply don't spam it in eclipse - and afaik a single moonfire/sunfire does not cause eclipse bar moving. I think it's still worth having for getting faster to the eclipse on the move. And there aren't really any usefull talents to use instead anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I am still using lunar shower tho I simply don't spam it in eclipse - and afaik a single moonfire/sunfire does not cause eclipse bar moving. I think it's still worth having for getting faster to the eclipse on the move. And there aren't really any usefull talents to use instead anyway.
    It really isn't.

Pro:
    In some situations where...
    A. You're moving
    B. You're not in eclipse
    C. You've already dropped three shrooms to pop in solar
    D. You don't have any other instant casts up
    E. You're not moving far enough to pop Dash
    F. And you still have time/GCDs to spam Moonfire/Sunfire
    ...Lunar Shower can be a very minor DPS increase. (Notice how many conditions have to be filled for such a small bonus.)

Cons:
    You can't Solar Cleave. Period. That alone is enough of a loss you shouldn't spec into it, unless you have a secondary Moonkin spec for Beth/Rhyl. Also, you have to be careful when Multi-dotting, or else you can burn extra energy you didn't want to, resulting in another DPS loss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredTofu View Post
    It really isn't.

Pro:
    In some situations where...
    A. You're moving
    B. You're not in eclipse
    C. You've already dropped three shrooms to pop in solar
    D. You don't have any other instant casts up
    E. You're not moving far enough to pop Dash
    F. And you still have time/GCDs to spam Moonfire/Sunfire
    ...Lunar Shower can be a very minor DPS increase. (Notice how many conditions have to be filled for such a small bonus.)

Cons:
    You can't Solar Cleave. Period. That alone is enough of a loss you shouldn't spec into it, unless you have a secondary Moonkin spec for Beth/Rhyl. Also, you have to be careful when Multi-dotting, or else you can burn extra energy you didn't want to, resulting in another DPS loss.
    Actually I do have secondary spec for Lord (I never was on solo add duty on Beth anyway - was a support for the hunter and it worked great ^^ ) which I don't use often since after our 1st kill we figured that me moving to single target dps on legs works much better (we were obviously lacking there and had AoE covered with 5 warlocks :P ). Even tho Solar Cleave is our biggest dps boost, it's not always neccessary to use it and I don't really like to play for the meters when that particular part of dps is not required.

As for E - due to Dark Flight I kinda don't really have a need to Dash very often ^^
    Last edited by Lilija; 2011-10-04 at 11:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    99 of 100 Moonkin will tell you not to lunar showers. They can't all be wrong.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    My char, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eunit/advanced . With the OP cookie cutter build, why is is 1/3moonglow and 2/3furor?