Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Disc] HC Ragnaros, 10m - how'd you do your stats? :D

Dear Disc Priesties,

My guild has started on HC Ragnaros in 10 man... we've tried a few times and got towards the end of P2. Thus far, my mana is "OK". ~70%-80%... I don't have experience in the later phases in heroic yet, so I'm wondering how they can be... "taxing on mana" I've heard! :] I spoke with a Disc priest on my server who killed HC Rag 10, his stats are as follows:

Spirit: 2400
    Mastery: 2361 (21.17)
    Crit: 1029
    Haste: 377

... for me, that low haste would drive me insane - but he says that spirit and mastery are needed much more on HC Rag. He claims to throw out more PW:S, but checking WoL we both use PW:S ~25% of healing. My stats:

Spirit: 1758 (works out to ~2300 combat regen)
    Mastery: 1684 (17.39, ~43% to absorbs)
    Crit: 884
    Haste: 1573 (I loves muh haste... :<)

... so you can see that we're quite a bit different. I know this is long and drawn out question - but for those Disc priests that killed HC Rag, what was most comfortable? Did you need tons of spirit/mastery? How rough are the later phases?

xo

p.s: any other tricks... this dude has Glyph of Dispel Magic (+3% max health regen on successul dispel) but I'm not sure why

I would suggest continueing as you play for now. Though I don't know much about priests, you can always start reforging and regemming your gear if you actually end up in trouble in p3 and p4. I do think however that mana regen is by far your most important stat in this fight, as it is after all, a very long fight!

Deleted
    Disc is not so reliant on secondary stats. They each have their merits. I prefer full mastery, with as little haste and crit as my gear will allow. Some prefer full haste.

If you're not having any mana issues, then don't change unless you do start having mana troubles. Simple as that really.

Deleted
    Agreed, the "which secondary stat" debate is never-ending... generally speaking, I'm a fan of "do what feels right and wins the boss". However, HC Rag 10 is a very specific fight (and ya quite long!) so I was hoping that Disc priests who have done it could advise... :] I will probably just stay as is and see how far it gets me.

Well. Who's your co-healer? If you're assigned on tank, I'd prefer haste over mastery, otherwise, stack mastery - it shines in 10man.

This is our second kill, maybe you'll find something interesting in here.

Deleted
    I have a pally co-healer sometimes and a resto druid sometimes... :] Thus, raid healing + tank or tank healing + raid. It kind of switches around, although on the whole I would say I'm tank healing. Thanks for the video!

xo

Deleted
    I roll with Haste over mastery. This is because there's no boomkin or shadow priest for me to gain an additional 5% haste.
    Although renew is underpowered... particularly in disc, it is a useful spell to pop onto people when they are seldom in range, thus i still go for that extra tick at 12.5%.
    Your tactics used obviously mean ymmv

Deleted
    Personally I go for 975 haste so I hit the 2.2 casttime with a shadowpriest/boomkin haste aura. After that I aim to get around 2000 spirit and stack mastery

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norbb View Post
    Personally I go for 975 haste so I hit the 2.2 casttime with a shadowpriest/boomkin haste aura. After that I aim to get around 2000 spirit and stack mastery
    Ah, this does sound good... I aim for around 2.2 myself, and was raiding until very recently w/ no shadowpriest or boomkin... now I'm raiding reliably with a shadowpriest, so I could tone down the haste a bit and put into Mastery... :} good suggestion and thanks for the ~975 # :}

xo

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arubis View Post
    Well. Who's your co-healer? If you're assigned on tank, I'd prefer haste over mastery, otherwise, stack mastery - it shines in 10man.

This is our second kill, maybe you'll find something interesting in here.

I felt embarrassed just watching that. You're backpedalling away from meteors, and clicking 90% of your spells? Clearly Rag 10 man isn't hard enough.
    Last edited by Tihr; 2011-10-05 at 06:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I skipped through the video and only saw him click Smite and Holy Fire. He used Clique/ Mouse-Overs for the rest. I didn't see any meteor backpedaling, quite the opposite in fact.

Deleted
    haha, focus people ! It's not about how this guy plays (and he was nice enough to provide a video! ...) but how a lowly Disc Priest can rock hardest and get the most out of his/her character during what is, for the moment, the last and hardest boss in the game!

xo

I don't know how you have such low spirit. I literally gem all int and still have 3k spirit. Btw the most important stat for you is Int don't worry about spirit so much. With the passive Disc spell Enlightenment, grants you 15% intellect as well as rapture returning 7% of your base mana every 12 seconds you should be fine on mana in any fight.
    Just make sure you dont over cast PWS and keep your shadow fiend on cd. A helpful tip for shadow fiending is if you have any on use int spells like a trinket or if you have power auras to tell you when you have power infuse up, that would be a good time to sf. Or if you are at 12% mana or so pop hymn of hope then sf. You do all this because the sf returns 3% max mana, therefore more mana at cast the more mana returned.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I skipped through the video and only saw him click Smite and Holy Fire. He used Clique/ Mouse-Overs for the rest. I didn't see any meteor backpedaling, quite the opposite in fact.
    1:18 - Clicked Shard of Woe
    2:49 - Clicked Shadowfiend
    3:19 - Clicked Shard of Woe
    5:16 - Clicked Shard of Woe
    6:54 - Clicked Shadowfiend
    7:46 - Clicked Shadow Word: Death
    9:03 - Clicked Divine Hymn
    9:10 - Backpedalling from meteor, then keyturning away.
    10:54 - Clicked Shadowfiend
    11:02 - Clicked Hymn of Hope

Plus 90% of the fight spent clicking Smite/Holy Fire/Archangel. I probably missed a few, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    1:18 - Clicked Shard of Woe
    2:49 - Clicked Shadowfiend
    3:19 - Clicked Shard of Woe
    5:16 - Clicked Shard of Woe
    6:54 - Clicked Shadowfiend
    7:46 - Clicked Shadow Word: Death
    9:03 - Clicked Divine Hymn
    9:10 - Backpedalling from meteor, then keyturning away.
    10:54 - Clicked Shadowfiend
    11:02 - Clicked Hymn of Hope

Plus 90% of the fight spent clicking Smite/Holy Fire/Archangel. I probably missed a few, too.
    Id be more worried hes running a disc spec with arcangel.

Quote Originally Posted by SensCens View Post
    Dear Disc Priesties,

My guild has started on HC Ragnaros in 10 man... we've tried a few times and got towards the end of P2. Thus far, my mana is "OK". ~70%-80%... I don't have experience in the later phases in heroic yet, so I'm wondering how they can be... "taxing on mana" I've heard! :] I spoke with a Disc priest on my server who killed HC Rag 10, his stats are as follows:

Spirit: 2400
    Mastery: 2361 (21.17)
    Crit: 1029
    Haste: 377

... for me, that low haste would drive me insane - but he says that spirit and mastery are needed much more on HC Rag. He claims to throw out more PW:S, but checking WoL we both use PW:S ~25% of healing. My stats:

Spirit: 1758 (works out to ~2300 combat regen)
    Mastery: 1684 (17.39, ~43% to absorbs)
    Crit: 884
    Haste: 1573 (I loves muh haste... :<)

... so you can see that we're quite a bit different. I know this is long and drawn out question - but for those Disc priests that killed HC Rag, what was most comfortable? Did you need tons of spirit/mastery? How rough are the later phases?

xo

p.s: any other tricks... this dude has Glyph of Dispel Magic (+3% max health regen on successul dispel) but I'm not sure why
    Most of your spells are instant casts.
    I prefer getting spirit > mastery > crit > haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Most of your spells are instant casts.
    I prefer getting spirit > mastery > crit > haste.
    Most? I'm hitting usually ... 25% PW:S, and then the rest includes a significant amount of Prayer of Healing and Greater Healer which has lengthy cast times... :}}} The only time that most of my casts will be instant, is relying only on PW:S, Penance and PoM... can anyone say they do this? I would say 50/50 cast times vs. instants :}... random guess tho

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Murron View Post
    I don't know how you have such low spirit. I literally gem all int and still have 3k spirit. Btw the most important stat for you is Int don't worry about spirit so much. With the passive Disc spell Enlightenment, grants you 15% intellect as well as rapture returning 7% of your base mana every 12 seconds you should be fine on mana in any fight.
    Just make sure you dont over cast PWS and keep your shadow fiend on cd. A helpful tip for shadow fiending is if you have any on use int spells like a trinket or if you have power auras to tell you when you have power infuse up, that would be a good time to sf. Or if you are at 12% mana or so pop hymn of hope then sf. You do all this because the sf returns 3% max mana, therefore more mana at cast the more mana returned.
    Hehe thanks - I have low spirit because I reforge out of Spirit... I've cut 700+ spirit @ the moment and never have problems with mana during fights. I'm really good w/ Rapture, Shadowfiend and Hymn of Hope maintenance. :} My questions was not that I run out of mana - I'm happy with the amount that I have - but I'm just starting Raggy 10H where for all I know Spirit suddenly becomes critical. (Long Fight is Long!) hence my question :}
    Last edited by mmoc162ec51c63; 2011-10-03 at 01:17 PM.

LOL there is literally two instant casts you should use.. pws-pom. Renew sucks and unless you glyphed dispel that's not most. Just remember borrowed time grants 14% haste so if you need a large heal cast pws first and then greater heal. Secondary stats are mostly preferential. I prefer mastery and crit for the bonus to shields and divine aegis procs my main heals are pws flash and poh. Others like to spam heal and greater heals they would prefer haste> all.
    Last edited by Murron; 2011-10-03 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    Indeed... :}

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    -stuff-
    To be fair, those are either damage moves or long CD type abilities. I would bind those, but I would not turn my nose up at someone who didn't (at least not in the manner that you are).

edit: Murron, I'm not enjoying your first posts on these forums. I suggest you read the forum guidelines and then take a look at yourself before posting again.