Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unhappy Shard of Woe PTR Nerf

I sure hope it's just a bug with them changing tooltip to reflect the changes they did for DPSers but currently it's nerfed for Holy/Nature spells.. I did test this on PTR - my spells were 200 more than on live.

Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Is there any information on regen trinkets out yet? To be fair I really, really wanted blizz to bring out a trinket that was at least nearly as good as Shard of Hoe this tier. It's becoming a lot of INT to miss out on. I guess if this change is intended then trinket upgrades will be a no brainer. :P

Yeah, I really hope they don't fail in the trinket department like they did with Firelands, then I really won't care.

They stopped making items that last more than 1-2 tiers ages ago. Even Dragonwrath will be replaced soon enough. One item shouldn't be so good it's usefull for an entire expansion. At least in their eyes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikizim View Post
    They stopped making items that last more than 1-2 tiers ages ago. Even Dragonwrath will be replaced soon enough. One item shouldn't be so good it's usefull for an entire expansion. At least in their eyes anyway.
    highly doubtful they will release a weapon better than dragonwrath for casters this expansion, legendaries are the things that should last a whole xpac, they all have (other than hand o rag)

dragonwrath will be bis until next xpac i can assure you

Blue said it was nerfed because they realised it was too OP. (Just realised this...) Arcane Mages are raging at how bad the trinkets are for them for FL. And the nerf to this thing doesnt help roflmao.

Picture is Armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorguy View Post
    Blue said it was nerfed because they realised it was too OP. (Just realised this...) Arcane Mages are raging at how bad the trinkets are for them for FL. And the nerf to this thing doesnt help roflmao.
    1) It wasn't a nerf to mages
    2) source?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    highly doubtful they will release a weapon better than dragonwrath for casters this expansion, legendaries are the things that should last a whole xpac, they all have (other than hand o rag)
    Ateish, Shadowmourne and Thoridal were part of the last patch(And as such pretty pointless for future raiding)
    Val'anyr was replaced in ICC
    Exceptions are Thunderfury and Warglaives.

When they did Val'anyr Blizzard actually said they wont make legendarys super powerful anymore like Thunderfury and Warglaives were that would last forever. Might not see it with Dragon Soul but if they do another Raid it'll certainly be replaced by then.

Ateish, Shadowmourne and Thoridal were part of the last patch(And as such pretty pointless for future raiding)

When they did Val'anyr Blizzard actually said they wont make legendarys super powerful anymore like Thunderfury and Warglaives were that would last forever. Might not see it with Dragon Soul but if they do another Raid it'll certainly be replaced by then.
    Um... Valanyr wasn't replaced in ICC, they buffed it in ToC, and it was still worth using in ICC over other weapons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol my healers are going to QQ so hard. Sorry to all who have it, that sucks
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that sucks. I hope there's an upgraded Solace/Tsunami in the 4.3, then.

I think anytime something drops from the last boss in the tier it shouldn't be considered as an item from that tier... the reason I say this is that we get gear to progress through bosses, if you kill the last boss then you really don't need said item and you are really only getting it for the next tier. I'm glad SoW stayed so good for T12, I'm horribly sad about this because I literally got mine today and then found out not even an hour later about this nerf.

It'll probably still be worth using until we get a good trinket from Dragon Soul, but they better not fail on trinkets like they did in T12 or Mazi go RAWRRRR
    Last edited by Mazi; 2011-10-05 at 03:22 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I think anytime something drops from the last boss in the tier it shouldn't be considered as an item from that tier... the reason I say this is that we get gear to progress through bosses, if you kill the last boss then you really don't need said item and you are really only getting it for the next tier. I'm glad SoW stayed so good for T13, I'm horribly sad about this because I literally got mine today and then found out not even an hour later about this nerf.

It'll probably still be worth using until we get a good trinket from Dragon Soul, but they better not fail on trinkets like they did in T13 or Mazi go RAWRRRR
    You mean T12?

Yeah yeah yeah... it's early D:

BTW what was/is the current the math on the MP5 that SoW gives anyways?

Deleted

Val'anyr was still imba in ICC because of its proc.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah... it's early D:

BTW what was/is the current the math on the MP5 that SoW gives anyways?
    I guess you could look at a log of a typical fight, and work out how many spells you're casting per minute, times that by 405, and divide that by 5 for the mp5? It's entirely dependant on how many instants you're casting, and if you're casting on GCD, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    I guess you could look at a log of a typical fight, and work out how many spells you're casting per minute, times that by 405, and divide that by 5 for the mp5? It's entirely dependant on how many instants you're casting, and if you're casting on GCD, etc.
    It's still got to have an "average" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorguy View Post
    Umm..the nerf is more towards healers than mages this time, the other spellschools got nerfed all the way back in march. The trinket is still BiS for arcane mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    Val'anyr was still imba in ICC because of its proc.
    Val'anyr IS still epic because of its proc. Because the proc is a percentage of heals, not a direct number like all other legendaries.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1