Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the actors had said "you know what, we've had it. for too long have we sat here, unfunny episode after unfunny episode, but no more, we want out." I'd say fair does. But to end it because of a reduction in pay? So they lose half their money, big licks, it's not like they've done anything to deserve it AFTER they haggled and essentially blackmailed Fox into handing them the higher contracts in the first place (season 9 I think it was, then again in possibly 15, iono, somewhere around the middle) back when it was actually good and they did deserve it then.

for voice actors $400,000 an episode is very decent... ur not even acting just saying lines pretty much.

all in all the show is old and just not that funny anymore.

They make a reasonable demand - let them collect a small % of the syndication so that they get something back from 20+ years of work after it's off the air. Surely, they've made you laugh more than once?

been on way too long anyways.. i refuse to watch any episodes past the 2002 season.. all the characters have changed and arent their old funny selves anymore

Fox has nothing but the Simpsons, I turn after the show ends I can't listen to Seth make love to himself for 1.5hrs afterwards. Fox canceled Futurama and Comedy Central got it and it is still funny. I think Fox just likes to cancel good shows and then put crap on the air, Bob's burgers wth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zfVQ...eature=related
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne View Post
    Fox has nothing but the Simpsons, I turn after the show ends I can't listen to Seth make love to himself for 1.5hrs afterwards. Fox canceled Futurama and Comedy Central got it and it is still funny. I think Fox just likes to cancel good shows and then put crap on the air, Bob's burgers wth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zfVQ...eature=related
    I just had to sign in and qoute you! I support in what you are saying... and.. BOBS BURGER WTH & WTF?!!!?!?!?! It's so bad words cant describe it

Fox knows what they're doing. They don't cancel good shows.

Oh yeah... Well at least they don't cancel good animated shows.

Riiiight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorpvp View Post
    bout time tbh simpsons is old and stale and not funny anymore besides there are better cartoons on like american dad or family guy
    I'm sorry what? American Dad & Family Guy are not better. I agree that The Simpsons is old & not funny, but there's no way anything MacFarlane (sp?) is remotely humorous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aired
    Our raid leader went AFK mid nef attempt and all he said was 'BRB GF's naked'

Quote Originally Posted by mafeel View Post
    There never was and will never be a better cartoon than The Simpsons. One has to be retarded to cancel the show. I can't imagine a world without Bart
    It's becoming less and less common for them to have great moments. They use to have great episodes. Now it's a good moment/scene here and there.

Granted this is all a matter of opinion.

If Simpsons does end up going bye bye, I will miss it, but will also be glad they won't be making new episodes.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Da Baws View Post
    I'm sorry what? American Dad & Family Guy are not better. I agree that The Simpsons is old & not funny, but there's no way anything MacFarlane (sp?) is remotely humorous.
    Opinions are like Christmas sweaters. Somehow.

---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 07:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne View Post
    If I heard right, Bob's Burgers is returning like mid next year. Though that is certainly a crime against comedy... nay... against humanity!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    The cast of the Simpsons essentially got lucky, they (through the work of the writers) landed a mega-success in a time when there were no prime-time cartoons aimed at teens and adults. They then got luckier when they discovered that they could bully Fox into all kinds of ridiculous contracts that assured they would make a killing on them.

Also, I am not really sure where the figures you are tossing around come from but the Voice Actors in the Simpsons make way way waaaay more than the average television performer. It isn't even comparable. As you said, they make a killing on royalties and merchandise as well as their per episode gold mine - Live Actors do not get this sort of monstrous kickback. In fact, many of them talk about how they rarely see any royalties for their work.

Yeah, bully Fox. Poor, poor Fox.. You know why they make that much? Because whether you like it or not, they deserve it and played a pivotal role in the show's success.

You must have missed the part where I was clearly referring to a show that had been on and highly successful for 23 years. Clearly I was not referring to "average" TV performers in SITCOMS that are lucky to make it past one, two or hell three seasons. Most people who don't get much royalties are those who were either in shows that didn't last long thus limited or no syndication, had bad agents, got screwed over or were flat out stupid. Granted there isn't a sitcom that's lasted 23 years AFAIK but I am sure as hell not talking about average salaries, I'm talking about shows such as Seinfield, Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, Two and a Half Men (well, primarily Charlie Sheen) and so on, ignoring the fact that at least when it comes to Seinfeld and Everybody Loves Raymond where the main character was also a co-creator or producer also.

i think its time to put the show to rest tbh, it hasn't been relevant in years.

cancel it and bring back futurama imo.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    The show as lived on its original success for a while now if im honest, its been miles away from the high standards it set maybe its time to call it a day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably the best. The series has become more and more unfunny. The newer episodes are so boring, they are painful to watch. It's like none of the writers cares about them anymore and goes by "They are the Simsons so they must be funny!". I really miss the old times.
    Nothing lasts forever and the francise made an absurdly amount of money. The creator can't really complain for one of the most popular series comes to an end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendandtear View Post
    Remember that time in Family Guy where peter fought a 6 foot chicken over a coupon?
    Or that time people couldn't die?
    Or that time Death made a debut and broke his foot and peter became death?
    Or that time the baby talked about killing it's mother?
    Or that time the talkign dog needed assistance pulling dental floss out of his ass?
    Or that time ... Wait a minute ... This show sounds retarded...
    He wasn't arguing that family guy is unrealistic, they have a talking dog for Christ sake....he was referring to a person that claimed family guy is so unreal and Simpsons is like day to day life, when it clearly isnt.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    [/COLOR]http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/06/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t2

Fear not, it shan't be canceled!

::edit:: ...well, at least the producers have accepted the cuts. The actors have not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjakiwi View Post
    [/COLOR]http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/06/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t2

Fear not, it shan't be canceled!

::edit:: ...well, at least the producers have accepted the cuts. The actors have not yet.
    Well that's good news. I'm glad it won't be canceled like this. It deserves a better sendoff.

15+ Year Old Account
    to anyone claiming that family guy can even hold a candle to the simpsons, you have no idea what good tv is or was or ever will be...RIP simpsons, greatest animated series of all time...

---------- Post added 2011-10-06 at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    He wasn't arguing that family guy is unrealistic, they have a talking dog for Christ sake....he was referring to a person that claimed family guy is so unreal and Simpsons is like day to day life, when it clearly isnt.
    yes it is 10char

At this point, I'm curious how much work the actors actually do. I honestly can't imagine that they do too much, considering its an animated show and they just do voices for the characters.

Do they actually write their own lines or something? I highly doubt it, but does anyone know for sure?

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it will be cancelled anytime soon, would be very sad if it was cancelled for sure. I still enjoy the simpsons very much.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorpvp View Post
    bout time tbh simpsons is old and stale and not funny anymore besides there are better cartoons on like american dad or family guy
    While both American Dad and Family Guy are entertaining and have their place, they're both crass compared to the Simpsons.