Thread: Shaco AD or AP

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shaco AD or AP

Greetings,

So..I am kind of new to LoL (Been a nolifer and managed to get to 30 pretty fast) and I started playing Shaco today.
    Now I'm in a dilemma: Shaco AP or AD?

The fun part about AP is that I can literally down players within a couple of seconds with my boxes.. but I feel kind of useless in teamfights apart from throwing my E ability. Ofcourse if you communicate with your team, you can set up a trap, but since I am playing solo queue I don't have skype or something to communicate on. This said.. what do you guys think is better?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry for my English ^^.

Yeah hybrid does most damage I think... You can get up to 1.5k crits with deceive and your clone does alot of dmg along with your dagger (Lich bane!!!!). Trust me... ive tried it and it was pretty ridicoulous.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're talking about SR right? Because AP Shaco in Dominion is absolutely fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha View Post
    You're talking about SR right? Because AP Shaco in Dominion is absolutely fantastic.
    Talking about SR, yes.

Deleted
    Generally speaking (Pure AP vs Pure AD) AD comes ahead just cause of the huge sustained damage you can do. AP is more "for teh lulz" build. Want to kill their carries in matter of seconds or drop 4 boxes that kill a brand before he can get out of the fear? Yeah.

Deleted
    Go AD, and play Backdoor Shaco. It's without a doubt, the most frustrating split pusher to play against.

Will try AD. Any specific build for the backdoor job? All of the builds I can find are for either jungling or AP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tale View Post
    Will try AD. Any specific build for the backdoor job? All of the builds I can find are for either jungling or AP.
    Just standard attack speed and Damage. Yoomu's, Phantom Dancer, Iedge. Doesn't really matter. As long as you can destroy towers fast :P

I don't mean to be un-constructive, but Shaco is all aroud just kind of *meh* in SR

10+ Year Old Account
    imo: summoner's rift : AD, focused mainly on team fights and you need ad to be useful team fights, and most people won't follow you to bushes to get boxed to death
    dominion: AP, just put one box at tower and they will leave that base and go another one
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfganger View Post
    I don't mean to be un-constructive, but Shaco is all aroud just kind of *meh* in SR
    This is wrong, jungle Shaco is atm the best counter-jungler in the game. If you're experienced with junglers (as in knowing which route each one takes), have good map awareness and run summoner Teleport you can completely shut down the enemy jungler, winning you the game outright. If his team helps him in early game jungling then you've denied them experience and CS so its still good. All in all, he's probably the highest risk, highest reward champion there is at the moment.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Deleted
    AP shaco, the ultimate noob destroyer :P

AP doesn't hold a candle to what AD can do on SR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Just standard attack speed and Damage. Yoomu's, Phantom Dancer, Iedge. Doesn't really matter. As long as you can destroy towers fast :P
    If you're going to be backdooring a lot, wouldn't Sword of the Divine help?

Deleted
    Out of AD/AP shaco, I prefer the AP one by miles.

AP shaco basically does what Le Blanc does, jumps in and bursts someone down. DFG + Dagger + Ignite is normally enough to get one of the enemy carries out of a teamfight, making them them recall or push daisies for a while.

JitB's are a great tool for scouting, and yes - trapping. Always when setting up a trap try to do something else useful, farming minions or whatnot.

The most common mistake must be that they don't build Deathfire Grasp. Or if they build it, they don't use it first. It's as if you had a second dagger!

Blue can be grabbed at level one with boxes in the right place, then pulling the golem there. When done right all the boxes focus on the big guy, causing you to take no damage from him. Just run BEHIND the boxes untill the fear has ended. (After the fear, creeps lock on to the nearest hostile target, let that be the boxes.)
    -I always prefer to lane with him, pref. vs other carries. Dagger leaves nasty marks when thrown on their soft skin. Also, never
    underestimate the backstab bonus.
    -If you want to level boxes in lane, that's fine. Your damage output won't be that great earlygame but your tower is almost unpushable.

As a general tip for shaco, always try to juke with decieve. The weirdest direction is normally the best - the enemy following you always run the "obvious" way.

Normally I start with meki and 2 health potions -> Fiendish Codex + 350 boots -> rest of DFG -> Sorc boots. Then it varies, but normally Deathcap or Haunting Guise. Then Rylais/Scepter/Hourglass depending on their team.

Runes I run Health quints, MP marks and AP/lvl glyphs and Seals. If I want more manaregen, I change the seals to mana reg/lvl. Masteries 9/0/21.

Correct me if I'm wrong about this next thing, but as far as I understood Mpen is far superior in the JitB's scaling when compared to AP.

I would guestimate that I have roughly ~400+ games played on AP shaco, played even some ranked with him in season one, but cba to try it out in s2 because of all the flame in the lobby I have to always deal with.

Will edit if I still remember something crucial x)
    Last edited by mmoc81d23104fb; 2011-10-07 at 10:20 AM.

Deleted
    Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldnt AP shaco get a lichbane? Usually always see one on him

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldnt AP shaco get a lichbane? Usually always see one on him
    I rarely use Lich Bane, and when I do, it's my final item. The problem is that Shaco is a very squishy champion. If you decide to go stabby too much (make your damage rely on Lich Bane), you will find yourself dead VERY soon, especially in lategame teamfights.

Just my few cents

Deleted
    I usually get a sheen after deathcap, then leave it there and turn it into lich bane as last item aswell. I never go ''stabby'' too much either, It just feels like it gives him that little edge in damage he needs when your DFG is on CD, and the AP, MR and movespeed is never bad too have.

Deleted
    Aye, after boots/deathcap/DFG/(guise) the build is pretty free. I prefer some surv after the core, but each to their own

In Dominion I usually have a real good time playing AD. I start Boots+DominionBlade, then Phage, Sheen, Triforce, IE (if game goes on, warmog+atma are my next items).