Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozarib View Post
    Nothing is set in stone yet, but if the past is anything to go by, creative will most likely have mob damage to blocks and players disabled. If by OPs you mean admins/moderators, then yes, there are a few of us in that capacity, although I can't think of what else that could mean. I hear talk of Endermen getting nerfed but that's all hearsay at the moment.

Generally speaking we will offer protection for peoples creations via WorldGuard or similar, so there will be no real chance for peoples stuff to get damaged outside of any normal gameplay ruleset (read: griefers, etc.) This should be relevant to creative, and probably survival, except on survival mob damage most definitely will be active. As for hardcore, given the ideas behind it, griefing wont be a problem as the general aim is to screw over the other team(s).
    What about PvP? Is it enabled, disabled, what? What other plugins are you running, or planning on running? The topic post has a certain lack of detailed information about Cursecraft. This is the kind of stuff people need to know to convince them to move from their established homes to a new home

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What about PvP? Is it enabled, disabled, what? What other plugins are you running, or planning on running? The topic post has a certain lack of detailed information about Cursecraft. This is the kind of stuff people need to know to convince them to move from their established homes to a new home

Basically, it will be like this (pending changes):

Creative:
    Player creation protection: on
    PVP: off
    Mob damage: off

Survival:
    Player creation protection: on
    PVP: off
    Mob damage: on

Hardcore:
    Player creation protection: off
    PVP: on
    Mob damage: on

TL;DR:
    PVP likely on hardcore only, but also on survival as well - just not encouraged. The format for hardcore isn't yet decided. before it was a "kill the other team(s)" type affair, with an end challenge, the winners picking the next map for hardcore. chances are it will be the same, but we don't know. creative ... well. that's self explanitory.

As for plugins, nothing solid but the basics will be worldedit, and worldguard. beyond that, I cant say as we havent decided yet. we're more focused on getting the server secured so it doesnt get pillaged by idiots. after that we can look at what fun plugins we can have!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to be added to the Pending list if possible. Name ingame is Nered, methinks. If it's what your username is then definantly yes.

And I have a few questions. Do we mine for our resources to build? Do we have a strict build theme (like, can we build anything RPG related, or only WoW related)?
    And if your concerned about anything that I may be doing, can you give me a heads up? I'll leave the server, as I'd prefer not to get my MMO-Champion account banned :\

Thanks!
    Last edited by Auxis; 2011-10-07 at 01:36 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I'd like to be added to the Pending list if possible. Name ingame is Nered, methinks. If it's what your username is then definantly yes.

And I have a few questions. Do we mine for our resources to build? Do we have a strict build theme (like, can we build anything RPG related, or only WoW related)?
    And if your concerned about anything that I may be doing, can you give me a heads up? I'll leave the server, as I'd prefer not to get my MMO-Champion account banned :\
    on creative, you wouldn't need to mine with the now built in creative mode. survival, yes you'd have to gather resources yourself. Same for any incarnation of hardcore mode. the only time we'd be concerned about anything you're doing is if you're griefing people. but you wouldn't do that, would you! that, or detonating retarded amounts of tnt, degrading game performance for others. common sense in that respect. but as alram has pointed out, the only real rules are do not grief. if you're not sure about something else, just ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    on creative, you wouldn't need to mine with the now built in creative mode. survival, yes you'd have to gather resources yourself. Same for any incarnation of hardcore mode. the only time we'd be concerned about anything you're doing is if you're griefing people. but you wouldn't do that, would you! that, or detonating retarded amounts of tnt, degrading game performance for others. common sense in that respect. but as alram has pointed out, the only real rules are do not grief. if you're not sure about something else, just ask.
    Ok thanks. Just curious though, I've only ever been on an, I guess, survival server where you gather and build what you want, creepers can blow up your stuff, etc.
    But I'm not too sure how you differentiate between Creative, Survival, and Hardcore? Do the Admins do a /command, or are there different servers?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Ok thanks. Just curious though, I've only ever been on an, I guess, survival server where you gather and build what you want, creepers can blow up your stuff, etc.
    But I'm not too sure how you differentiate between Creative, Survival, and Hardcore? Do the Admins do a /command, or are there different servers?
    well in our case, there will be 3 maps for each of them. Creative has a setting enabled that turns off mob damage (to players) and prevent damage to players from falling, etc, and gives you a nifty thing where by pressing the hotkey to open your inventory, you instead get a display showing all the blocks available. they do not run out either.

survival does not have all blocks in umlimited supply, and instead you see your inventory like normal. you go out and farm materials, create tools, etc. mob damage is on, so basically its like singleplayer on normal and up. (its basically as you described it yourself)

hardcore is the same as survival but you can kill whoever you want and fuck up their shit. ideally you'd build your base underground, far away from another opposing player, so that it's hard for them to locate you.

One suggestion that people may or may not like, if you are going to use worldguard, the creative server could have mobs on, but use the no damage features of WG. Coupled with an addon that lets users change mode without being an OP and then the world becomes a playground rather than just a museum.

Aside from having a mod for toggling game mode, that's how I usually run my server. Just makes it a bit more fun IMO. Like say somebody builds a massive temple deep underground, exploring it is one thing, fighting mobs gives the adventure and danger (if you choose of course, the mobs wont hurt you unless you choose to let them)

If i remember right, creative had no mobs at all, not even animals. Obv things can change and we still need to talk about what we are really going to do properly with the server.

No, unless it changed in a recent build, a server can be default creative with mobs and animals spawning. That how my club server operates, with a kid in charge of swapping modes, at my home server so few of us play that we're all OP and can change mode at whim. I'm sure a bukkit mod would allow players to swap without being an OP. I don't run bukkit atm at the club due to limited server power there, so I can't say for sure, I'll have a look in a moment for a plugin.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/adm...st-1240.38744/

Is the first thing that pops up.

I don't think we'll have the ability for players to toggle their game mode because creative mode/survival mode is confined to one map each. Potentially it would be possible to only allow them to toggle it when on that map, but I really don't see the point if I'm honest. Anything is up for change at the moment though so we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    No, unless it changed in a recent build, a server can be default creative with mobs and animals spawning.
    he meant that our server was set up so that there were no mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    No, unless it changed in a recent build, a server can be default creative with mobs and animals spawning. That how my club server operates, with a kid in charge of swapping modes, at my home server so few of us play that we're all OP and can change mode at whim. I'm sure a bukkit mod would allow players to swap without being an OP. I don't run bukkit atm at the club due to limited server power there, so I can't say for sure, I'll have a look in a moment for a plugin.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/adm...st-1240.38744/

Is the first thing that pops up.
    We have had a creative world on the server since 1.3 i think, it originally had animal spawns only but it was crazy at night they would just flock around anything you built annoying as hell. So in the end all mob/animal spawning was turned off.

As King6887 said above, there really isnt any reason to let people toggle their gamemode as the server will have 3 separate worlds running at once which will be accessable from the spawn point.

Deleted
    Awww the boredom, I wanna share my builds

Quote Originally Posted by Incognition View Post
    Awww the boredom, I wanna share my builds
    I spent the evening scouring mcschematics to make a town on my own server while ours is down. surprising how much fun it can be making something of your own out of other peoples everything

Deleted
    I spent the evening scouring mcschematics to make a town on my own server while ours is down. surprising how much fun it can be making something of your own out of other peoples everything
    Exactly what I've been doing for my entire Minecraft-Career
    Last edited by mmocf97e47b820; 2011-10-08 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Future Inc View Post
    Hey there, First time poster, but long time reader!

I'm interested in joining, (IGN: Syzzled ) Afraid I can't PM yet!

Added a picture of my biggest creation so far! (The Castle of Neuschwanstein in Germany, if you were interested!)

http: //i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k632/Syzzled/NeusDone1.jpg (Can't post links either!)
    you've been added, just keep an eye on the thread for updates!

So, since it seems the wait is for a Plug-in to be updated, I'm going to assume it comes from Curse, right? Is there a developer ETA on its completion, so I know when to expect the server to be online? I'd rather my limited forays into places where my IP Address is exposed to be moderator approved and endorsed servers, so I'm checking this thread every day like a mad man, lol.
    If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlyrrh View Post
    So, since it seems the wait is for a Plug-in to be updated, I'm going to assume it comes from Curse, right? Is there a developer ETA on its completion, so I know when to expect the server to be online? I'd rather my limited forays into places where my IP Address is exposed to be moderator approved and endorsed servers, so I'm checking this thread every day like a mad man, lol.
    You're not alone, refreshing the Minecraft forums too many times a day right now

Quote Originally Posted by Incognition View Post
    You're not alone, refreshing the Minecraft forums too many times a day right now
    The plugin in question is Hawkeye, although I think we'll be looking at an alternative plugin because of a few complications we encountered. At the moment we have a fresh map up under 1.8.1 but the general theme with this is that we will not be saving anything people make on it, so it truly is a temporary map for now. Few of us spent a few hours today testing a few 'land management' and anti-griefing plug-ins out. Tomorrow I may well start adding people to the white-list on the server so people can log on there and see what's what, and who's who. Naturally this is not an opportunity for people to grief other peoples stuff, so the same basic rules apply.

tl;dr: New temp map until we begin trialling 1.9preX (whatever version its on when we get this far) once 1.9 lands officially, we will have our protection systems in place, facilities for people to claim land, and things ready to roll. Essentially, our "go live" date will be a fresh start.
    Last edited by Wozarib; 2011-10-09 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by b00rz View Post
    We have had a creative world on the server since 1.3 i think, it originally had animal spawns only but it was crazy at night they would just flock around anything you built annoying as hell. So in the end all mob/animal spawning was turned off.

As King6887 said above, there really isnt any reason to let people toggle their gamemode as the server will have 3 separate worlds running at once which will be accessable from the spawn point.
    Fair enough, not going to try and impose my own playstyle or anything, plus I guess any grand dungeons made could be copied into survival for players to adventure in.