Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Maybe to buff Arms damage in PvE, without screwing with talents and affecting PvP?
    Yeah might be. But sort of feels like it will just be alot of clipping the buff seeing as Sudden death resets the cd on CS

"Remember there is always something cleaverer than yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by Rigroll View Post
    Yeah might be. But sort of feels like it will just be alot of clipping the buff seeing as Sudden death resets the cd on CS
    Well you don't need to use CS right away upon getting an SD proc; It'll take more skill to use as Arms definitely. As for the double proc rate, meh. I could Understand a 3% increase but it's over double, not sure how that works out. Hell I might go back arms to find out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowswillm View Post
    Sounds like arms is getting a better end of the deal tho, 13% chance for MS vs 6% for BT, sounds a little too imbalanced for arms warriors vs fury.
    BT 6% 3sec cd
    MS 13% 4,5sec cd ... but arms benefits from CS less then fury and we ll overwrite significantly more then fury ll. Still this set bonus is good for arms but far supperior to fury.

Honestly they could avoid any clipping by just making the 4 PC extend the duration of CS rather than having a chance of proccing it.

not gonna complain though, the new bonus is pretty good for fury.

I like it and im glad they changed it. At the start, our 4pc was horrible this is a Great improvement. Kudos to Blizz. I am teh happyz.

Picture is Armory.

i dont really like the 4pc from an arms standpoint, cs is up all the time anyway.

It's interesting to see how in a way this aligns with the end of WotLK where pretty much all of us Furyans were going capped on ArP. I'm certainly not going to complain about the opportunity to have the CS effect refreshed as often as possible and keep that armor bypass up. Can't wait to see what percentage damage increase we start to see.

Apparently, Landsoul did some very basic math and this bonus should be around 3-3.5% increase in dps. With it giving us a free choice regarding which spec to play (talkin SMF / TG here), unless they seriously screw skill mechanics, it's a very solid bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    Apparently, Landsoul did some very basic math and this bonus should be around 3-3.5% increase in dps. With it giving us a free choice regarding which spec to play (talkin SMF / TG here), unless they seriously screw skill mechanics, it's a very solid bonus.
    Or have no good itemized STR 1 Hr's drop from Deathwing or 2hr's for that matter. I think that will be pretty much decide which spec will be the best at the end.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Quote Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
    Nice to know they are listening, this was suggested in a lot of places.
    QFE

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 02:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    Or have no good itemized STR 1 Hr's drop from Deathwing or 2hr's for that matter. I think that will be pretty much decide which spec will be the best at the end.
    This has been the case in each tier, so I don't really see it not happening for this one. H Ashkandi > H Lava Spines, but you could get 2x Lava Spine a lot quicker than 2 x Ashkandi. Obviously, this tier has rag with a 397 2h compared to the single 391 possibility.

But, unlike t12, SMF with comparable weapons won't automatically be worse than TG because of a set bonus. That's a win. This should make it so you can use two heroic 1h's until you get two 2h's from the final fight and not be below your counterparts using double 2hs of the same ilevel. Having options is great.
    Last edited by Posaune; 2011-10-07 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    Yeah clipping CS but this is still a huge improvement versus the old 4 piece.
    ^ Agrees with this.

Who's the ******* who said clipping?

There is ABSOLUTELY NO CLIPPING. *facepalm. It's as if some of you are playing a different class. If the 4pc procs within a current CS, it's just an extension of the current CS. Let me make it Barney style for you:

CS 6s left
    gcd
    BT/MS 4.5s left when BT is applied
    4pc proc 6s left
    ... 0s left

If it procs your first move after CS, guess what? You had a 7.5s CS instead of a 6s one. Some people....
    You can have this chain proc and have 100% CS uptime for a bit, though that is unlikely. People need more math in school. Maybe this isn't a math problem as much as it is a comprehension problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Who's the idiot who said clipping?

There is ABSOLUTELY NO CLIPPING. *facepalm. It's as if some of you are playing a different class. If the 4pc procs within a current CS, it's just an extension of the current CS. Let me make it Barney style for you:

CS 6s left
    gcd
    4pc proc 6s left
    ... 0s left

If it procs your first move after CS, guess what? You had a 7.5s CS instead of a 6s one. Some people....
    You can have this chain proc and have 100% CS uptime for a bit, though that is unlikely. People need more math in school.
    you just explained how clipping works without saying it was clipping.

I think you need more common sense than math skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Canderous1 View Post
    i dont really like the 4pc from an arms standpoint, cs is up all the time anyway.
    Frees a gcd on a gcd spec...that's big, too.

---------- Post added 2011-10-08 at 04:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    you just explained how clipping works without saying it was clipping.

I think you need more common sense than math skills.
    Oh my goodness... please go back to school.

Clipping would be completely losing out on a benefit because of a proc. Clipping was double slam proccing again when you haven't used both slam procs from your last proc in WotLK. You lost an entire slam or two. Here, you're not losing ANYTHING, you're ONLY GAINING.
    Last edited by cutterx2202; 2011-10-08 at 04:02 PM.
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

Who's the ******* who said clipping?

CS 6s left
    gcd
    4pc proc 6s left
    ... 0s left

You can have this chain proc and have 100% CS uptime for a bit, though that is unlikely. People need more math in school. Maybe this isn't a math problem as much as it is a comprehension problem.
    Apples are still apples. When you cast CS, then cast BT/MS 1.5s later and proc a 4pc, you gain 1.5s extra CS duration, and clipped 4.5s of CS youd have gotten either way, that's what clipping means.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Oh my goodness... please go back to school.

Clipping would be completely losing out on a benefit because of a proc. Clipping was double slam proccing again when you haven't used both slam procs from your last proc in WotLK. You lost an entire slam or two. Here, you're not losing ANYTHING, you're ONLY GAINING.
    You are hilarious.

Refer to the post above please. Clipping refers to TIME LOST, not BUFFS LOST. OVERWRITING a slam buff with another bloodsurge isn't clipping. Slam is less important than 3 other abilities as TG, one of which has a 3 second cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Apples are still apples. When you cast CS, then cast BT/MS 1.5s later and proc a 4pc, you gain 1.5s extra CS duration, and clipped 4.5s of CS youd have gotten either way, that's what clipping means.
    "Refreshing" with absolutely NO negative effects. No one should be concerned about refreshing CS in any way. There are absolutely no drawbacks to it refreshing the duration.

---------- Post added 2011-10-08 at 04:07 PM ----------

"Refreshing" with absolutely NO negative effects. No one should be concerned about refreshing CS in any way. There are absolutely no drawbacks to it refreshing the duration.
    I can't talk to you two anymore without pointing out some serious personal problems. Consider this an ignore.

Yes there is. You have less CS uptime, which results in more DPS overall, but less than if you have 12 full seconds. Do you understand what clipping means now? I'm getting aggravated because your skull is extremely thick.

You have less CS uptime
    than no 4pc? Absolutely false.
    (6 or 7.5 or 9 or 10.5 + free random 6) is always >= 6

Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    Get a hold of yourself. A CS proc within a CS, is worth less than a CS proc outside of a CS.

I'll try to keep this as simple as possible, pay attention:
    -Good case: Cast CS and it runs for a full duration of 6s, after CS expires BT/MS procs a CS which also runs it's full duration, ideal scenario we now had 12s of CS uptime.
    -Bad case: Cast CS, CS procs 1.5s into the CS, total CS uptime of 7.5s.

You loose potential CS uptime if a CS procs within a CS, split hairs all you want that's how it is.

Edit: Oops, was intended to quote cutter-dude.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2011-10-08 at 04:19 PM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.