Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    Deleted

"6 years playing but bored now, must be Cataclysm's fault"

I don't quite understand this mentality. A lot of people claiming Cataclysm caused their boredom despite been playing the same game for six years. I just think it's a tad unfair on Cataclysm when the expansion added a lot more to keep us entertained than vanilla.

I agree, the newness was gone a long time ago, and unless blizz does a complete game re-write, people arent going to get that wonderment of a brand spankin new game, and thats what a lot of people seem to expect every xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think investing the time and money into a game like SWTOR only to realize WOW is better is much worse.

Of course if they change everything to make it new and exciting, all the threads will become, "They changed it and now it sucks."

its not just cataclysm, people were bored in wrath and burning crusaede too.

me, i'll be playing till the servers are shut down

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes perfect sense actually, see, I've been playing since launch day and I loved the game until a month after cata came out (about when I was done gearing from heroics) when I realized there was nothing to do this expack.

If I was fine and still enjoying myself plenty, and then cata comes out and suddenly I don't like it anymore, that means it was cata.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2011-10-07 at 06:31 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

"This game is getting boring, I can't wait until Burning Crusade comes out."

"This is boring. Vanilla was much better, I can't wait until Wrath of the Lich King comes out."

"This is the worst thing ever. BC/Vanilla were WoW's glory days, but Cataclysm will be out soon to save us."

"I hate Cataclysm, I miss when everything was perfect in Wrath. What's next? Pandas? It's the end of the World (of Warcraft)!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    "This game is getting boring, I can't wait until Burning Crusade comes out."

"This is boring. Vanilla was much better, I can't wait until Wrath of the Lich King comes out."

"This is the worst thing ever. BC/Vanilla were WoW's glory days, but Cataclysm will be out soon to save us."

"I hate Cataclysm, I miss when everything was perfect in Wrath. What's next? Pandas? It's the end of the World (of Warcraft)!"
    Yeah, I never went through any of that, I enjoyed myself through every expansion up until cata.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I will never stop becoming bored! Ofc i get bored, a game can never make me 100% happy 24/7
    I will have a day off wow and do something else to get back to wow and yet again have a blast! Some ppl might take a brake through an entire expansion!
    This for me tho doesn't mean i will stop playing wow or blame blizzard for not feeding me stuff so i can be 100% happy all the time, that's a very unreal request....

I will play wow until they shutdown servers

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it makes sense, actually.

I mean, from Classic onwards, every time I got bored of or done with WoW, I came back, and I was excited to do so. They changed stuff I actually cared about, so I almost hurried back. Virtually every major content patch managed it, and every expansion. I was rarely unsubbed from WoW for more than three months, and every expansion kept me entertained for at least 3-4 months before I even thought about boredom.

Whereas with Cataclysm, I was getting kind of bored at the end of month one. I lasted until about month three. Then I just gradually stopped playing for a long time. I came back for a month, level 1-83 on a new character, but then was so overwhelmed with the prospect of having to grind through Cataclysm's level 85 game that I just could not bring myself to make those last two levels. I've never played any FL stuff as a result, and unlike other content patches, I can't see myself coming back again for 4.3. There's just nothing I can feel myself getting excited about.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    It makes perfect sense actually, see, I've been playing since launch day and I loved the game until a month after cata came out (about when I was done gearing from heroics) when I realized there was nothing to do this expack.

If I was fine and still enjoying myself plenty, and then cata comes out and suddenly I don't like it anymore, that means it was cata.

what were you doing before that you CAN'T do now?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Ice cream sales increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is established fact). The number of drownings increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is also established fact). By your logic ... ice cream causes people to drown.

Correlation is not causation.

In your specific case there are simply far too many variables unaccounted for. There are people who played in Vanilla who think Cat is the best WoW has ever been. That also doesn't mean that Cat is better (or worse), because there is simply not enough to go on to draw that conclusion.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Ice cream sales increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is established fact). The number of drownings increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is also established fact). By your logic ... ice cream causes people to drown.
    ......+10

best thing i ever read
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I do think cata feels very stale. Previously they've still been tweaking and playing with quite a few things. This time the systems all seemed to be in place and it felt rather "by the numbers" this time around.
    They missed a lot of bits to do outside raiding which 4.3 may well now fix. I've previously been a raider but spent a fair bit of other time logged in too. With little to do the game gets rather dull and logging in just to raid feels rather pointless and shallow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

What was there to do in BC or Vanillia, or Wrath, that there isn't to be done in Cata?
    Unless you were fully heroic t11 geared, had gold cap, and 3000+ arena rating 1 month into cata, I find your claim to be pretty silly. Oh and high RBG.

go try out black ops, wand when you get bored of it after 6 years, you can also blame it on the latest expan.. no wait, the last pat... euhm... maybe on the fact that you played it for 6 YEARS???

Deleted
    Its pretty much just cata for me, i have been plaing since vanilla but i barely played during then and tbc so wouldent count to much on those 2.

But i've stopped raiding in cata pretty much. its not that i think raiding in cata is borring but i just dident realy have fun in it enymore but might return if i get the feel for it again.

so I pretty much just pvp atm but the state of it atm is just wow, feels like they have taken the fun out of most classes in cata, and feels like they have gimped alot of classes , lets take warriors, they pretty much took out stance danceing, which in imo is one of the things that made the class so fun to play but in cata you just sit in battle stance and smash away.

I'm not to much into the hp scale of this xp, i dont see why they needed to give that much of an boost, the whole game just feels to slow passed now.

Pve: My realm pretty much turned into a 10 man realm, only a couple 25 guilds left on the server. And when i dident raid there was pretty much nothing to do for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I grew tired of playing the most dumbed down MMO ever created.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    I grew tired of playing the most dumbed down MMO ever created.
    So you quit playing Rifts? :P

Lots of folks feel that overall this was a weak expansion, and that is likely causing a lot of the "Im bored" feeling to be more exaggerated than it normally would be.. endgame hasn't fundementally changed in this game. (ie, if you're bored now, then you were bored @ 80 in Wrath, and at 70 in BC as well)