Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    buy using stolen credit card (as is already happening with the other shop stuff).sell pet for goldtransaction gets canceled, blizzard removes the pet.what happens now?a) buyer loses his gold even though he made a correct tradeb) gold won't get removed, so you can now easily duplicate gold
    You missed the "After a short cooldown period" part. Guess what that's for? To ensure that the purchase is legitimate.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Suddenly, AHs everywhere flooded by cash store pets going for 500g each.

Deleted
    meh you could always buy trading card game mounts and sell them for gold ingame no different to this really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    More reasons to leave when the alternatives arrive!
    Hello Guild Wars 2, you may not be the same as WoW with your premium services, but it will be alot better than the flooded market of gold selling to come from Activision/Blizzard.

For those of you arguing about the TCG, it was never guaranteed whenever you bought booster packs to drop a rare card that could be sold. And even then THESE ITEMS WERE/ARE STILL RARE on the server market. This service pretty much supports the gold selling market by making an official means of selling gold for their players. The only downside to this is that its a pet item, and while not everyone will care for it (The pet store was always a scam, to hell with buying shit on top of my subscription) there will be people who buy it to get an economic gain over their competitive raiders.

Imagine having a competitive guild, while everyone is gearing slowly through heroics, one person decides to sell this pet for say 20-30k gold. which in turn, helps them obtain a BoE BiS epic from the current tier off the AH.

This said person now joins a top tier guild and obtains server first by fulfilling his role as tank/dps/healing.

What is the result? a Server first being obtained because someone got a small boost from selling an item on the AH with real money.

While it is a heavily exaggerated scenario, don't lie to yourself and say this cant happen.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    This is obviously a move to ease the transition into legitimizing real-money trading within WoW.

I see absolutely no problem with it.

/Obviously I'm a brainwashed little sheep-man who can't think for himself!

Wow people are totally overreacting. Like really. Threatening to quit? Extreme profanity? Slandering the companies name? I think yall are overly upset over nothing. How does this even effect you?? It just cuts down on the number of people who are illegally selling pet store stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedek View Post
    The process still stands. I saw that you linked a site that sells tcg's. This doesn't change the fact that someone had to buy those packs, find the loot cards, then put them up for sale. In fact you are proving my point. Visit ebay or that site you linked. TCG's on sale for money... Then you have to bid, and wait for the card to ship, or for them to email you the code and hope that it is valid. This Blizzard method cuts out the uncertainty and time sink, and makes selling boe's in game money makers.

Thanks for playing Idoru, try again.
    The big difference is that now Blizzard gets the profit.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Yes because people that buy packs only do it for the really rare loot cards and otherwise have no way of making money with it..........you have no clue how this works have you?

And if you want to make 100k gold quickly go to ebay........
    Did I ever specifically mention "really rare loot cards,".... no, you can make money off of any of the loot cards. I do have a clue, it just isn't worth the amount of time you have put into it. Why are you so angry? Probably because the Blizz method of gold selling will quickly supplant the TCG method. If the TCG method were easy, everyone, or should I say, a lot more people would be doing it, but they aren't. Don't be so mad Baikalsan, I'll sell you an ingame guardian pet for 15k, cheap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    L2 finish reading before replying?

Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Also, to people saying "this started 5 years ago woth TCG stuff noobs, you are late", getting gold that way is not that profitable. You have to buy decks, and pray to get something worth selling, sometimes not getting shit from the deck. Or go to TCGloot and buy something at 600$ and try to sell it in trade (gl with that). Now, here we have a transaction that costs only 10$, and lets say it can give you 4k per pet if your server's AH is flooded. That looks like gold buying straight from Blizzard to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    The big difference is that now Blizzard gets the profit.
    At least we agree. The only legal RMT is the kind that earns Blizzard a cut.

Post pet store: "Guys, calm down. They are just vanity items. They won't ever add gear or add anything you can sell. Chill out."

Post TCG cards: "Guys, calm down. There's a really low chance you'll get a card anyway, so why does it matter? And it's still just vanity stuff."

Post Guardian cub: "Guys, calm down. It's just vanity stuff, so who cares if you can sell it for in-game gold. It's not like they are directly selling gear or gold."

Post MoP: "Guys, calm down. You can get your tier gear through farming heroics or raids anyway. Who cares if people can buy it, and that's it's also BoE?"

"Unlike the other Pet Store companions, the Guardian Cub is a tradable, one-time-use pet that permanently binds to a single character upon use." Disgusting... I want to have it on ALL my characters, but that would be quite expensive. (

Quote Originally Posted by Jedek View Post
    Did I ever specifically mention "really rare loot cards,".... no, you can make money off of any of the loot cards. I do have a clue, it just isn't worth the amount of time you have put into it. Why are you so angry? Probably because the Blizz method of gold selling will quickly supplant the TCG method. If the TCG method were easy, everyone, or should I say, a lot more people would be doing it, but they aren't. Don't be so mad Baikalsan, I'll sell you an ingame guardian pet for 15k, cheap
    The rare ingame pets don't even sell for 10k on my server, this one won't even make 1k.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    if even 1% of these sales would go to develop new end-game content, Id support this.

Crappy idea Blizzard. 10 bucks for a one use item, when you got it for all characters and future characters with other pets? Riiiight.

Man people are dumb I have read about 4 pages of constant QQ already. Half these idiots don't know how gold selling is. Gold selling is usually in act of stealing or compromising accounts and taking all the gold off of it. What general happens after that is Blizzard gives all the compromised items back to the victim which means the Gold was duplicated. Which means if you had max gold the gold farmer has max gold and so do you. Which means influx of gold. This isn't the same. Person A: Buys the pet puts it on the Market then Person B: Buys it with his gold that he got from questing. There was no extra gold introduced in the processes. (Unless they bought from a third party source which I doubt) Now as for Blizzard introducing this doesn't affect me one bit. Because I'm not going to by it either way.

when the AH is so flooded with them, I'll get one for 1k!

a long time ago I would have said outrage!
    but now I have lots of cash and little free time, the rage just isn't there anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hampen View Post
    Seems like it :\ This way people can just buy a pet from the blizzard store, and sell it for in-game gold...Auch!
    This is what is going to happen. A moron who thinks that he has a grasp on the economy will just buy like 100 of them and after that he will find out that due to inflation they are worth only 100-200g. The end result is blizzard making a lot of money!!!

Deleted
    Kinda strange.. might as well make the other pets BoE too?