10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    Well, I'm sure as soon as there's an announcement at BlizzCon concerning the next expansion there will be a mad rush to necro this thread and the [official] betting thread. (Provided either are not still active at that point.)
    The betting thread ( if you mean the one in my sig ) sees intermittent action, a post here and there after the rush of posts the first few days.

I'm keeping a close eye on it to "bookmark" events in it when real credibly sourced info becomes available. So that thread at least will be active till Blizzcon.

It's been a source of fun for me allready but I will have even more reading how people will react on bets made in it and such.

Has anybody seen Pitmaster Pei at the Darkmoon Faire yet?

Still waiting on what he is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by LordRayken View Post
    Has anybody seen Pitmaster Pei at the Darkmoon Faire yet?

Still waiting on what he is.
    Darkmoon Faire isn't open for testing.

There also aren't any Pandaren models or soundfiles in the PTR gamefiles to my knowledge, but Blizzard could be sitting on all of them until after BlizzCon.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrildar View Post
    While this really is what I want as the next expansion (more titan and old gods lore), I highly doubt this will be true.
    That's super fake... chiefly because it's very well worded and properly formatted. Why would a leak be so well documented? It would be like a Blizzard employee wrote up an entire word document and shipped it off to 4-chan. :P

Seriously, the accurate leaks are not well worded. they're just a list of bullet points (•Continent of Pandaria has 5 zones •Garrosh breaks a tooth while biting down on a walnut, declares war on Walnuts. ) kinda stuff.

---------- Post added 2011-10-10 at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Darkmoon Faire isn't open for testing.

There also aren't any Pandaren models or soundfiles in the PTR gamefiles to my knowledge, but Blizzard could be sitting on all of them until after BlizzCon.
    ...but there IS a suspicious looking detailed Golden Asian Dragon pet in the PTR files. It's called a "Chromatic dragon" yet conversely looks absolutely nothing like a Chromatic Dragon (which are just normal drakes/whelps colored dark magenta/pink). :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    •Garrosh breaks a tooth while biting down on a walnut, declares war on Walnuts. ) kinda stuff.
    World of Warcraft: Conker Strikes Back?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Helbereth View Post
    When they announce the next expansion has nothing to do with Pandas, I want to be able to reference this thread.
    Bookmarking your post so i remember who to PM when they announce it is. :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    if mists of pandaria is an expansion before the emerald nightmare im gunna asplode

that is all
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmrider View Post
    I totally agree.

BUT, I also wanted to point out the (remote) possibility that "Mists of Pandaria" is something else (like a Facebook game) and that the new expansion name uses a previously-established trademark.
    That seems remote. Very remote. As in...just about impossible.

I think the key indicator here is Blizzards refusal to denounce the rumour.

Its been talked about for weeks, with lots of speculation on it. Blizzard hasn't so much as blinked.

Then we have Titan...we have a few people speculating that Titan will be revealed this year and its amazing how quickly Blizzard moved to quash that expectation.

Add in the increased lore for Pandaren, the various teases, the evasiveness of Blizzard when asked about it, the fact Pandaria was going to be brought in some day and more....

I think the real questions now are - new class, new races or both? And if it is new races, are the Pandaren playable?

EJL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    if mists of pandaria is an expansion before the emerald nightmare im gunna asplode

that is all
    I'm not even certain what they could do with the Dream at this point... I mean, there's the Rift of Aln, but most of it is more or less cleansed of the corruption.

Unless they made a whole expansion revolving around gathering quests.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It is already too late for a new trademark. Blizzcon is in two weeks, posters, flyers, you name it, should be already prepared by now.
    Its not too late for a TM since its backdated. Its wise to do it early, though to avoid any complications...such as someone registering it as a spoiler tactic if the info leaked.

EJL

that is all
    Can you do me a favor and set up a video camera and upload it to Youtube? I haven't seen a good asplosion in a while.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So Archaeology gives people a reason to go out into the world?
    It was meant to. It still could. If it wasn't a case where 90% of the time was spent travelling. The trouble with Archaeology is that it lost its raison d'etre when PotT was removed. Blizzard made it a hold/cold mini game but it still needs a massive overhaul to be attractive and fun.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post

I think the real questions now are - new class, new races or both? And if it is new races, are the Pandaren playable?

EJL
    Bah trivial! Profession, that's what we need to know. Archaeology was a mixed succes, so what have they got up their sleeve this time?

Another time wasting secondary profession?

A cosmetic one?

A primary profession with real benefits?

but what then? Almost every thing you can do with a profession you can do has been done. The 1 thing that has come to my mind is that we have:

Short stat buffs (alchemy)

Permanent stat buffs (Enchanting)

Permanent ability buffs (Inscription)

The obvious gap there is that we could maybe have short ability buffs.

So maybe something like a runemaster proffesion that let's us use temporary runes (like a sort of tattoos) that do funky stuff to our abilities. You have endless possibilities that way.

Or what profession could someone else think up?

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Or what profession could someone else think up?
    Fungineer.
    I engineer fun. Kind of like how engineering is now, but all about fun stuff. Like I'll make party balloons that explode.
    Nawwwwwwwwwwww.

We all love Brewmasters, that could be your ability shaping profession. Depending on what beer you drink, you get a short buff involving added abilities, or enhanced abilities. Class-specific, maybe?
    (Shaman) "Your debaucherous drunken-haze is so strong that your hallucinations become reality; on successful cast of lightning bolt, you have a 2% chance to summon a naked spiritwalker to pour beer all over your target, making them 20% weaker to all nature damage for the remainder of their life."
    or
    "Your lightning bolts have a chance to summon a Pandaren Brewmaster, infusing alcoholic beverages into each lightning bolt cast; these casts provide a stacking debuff on your target. 20% chance per lightning bolt to decrease nature resistance by 2%, stacks 10 times. Lightning bolts appear a brownish liquidy color."

(Too OP and ridiculous, amirite? Har har)
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2011-10-10 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    heh... I always laugh at these. People tend to be a bit short sighted and only focus on the NOW instead of the goal.

Kinda like how Real-ID people were saying they wanted just for Facebook/Social Networking, BS on that with the arrival of Blizzstore and RMAH... as I said to everybody back then - you don't implement a cross-game chat just because it looks good on Facebook.

Kinda like how people were saying that Titan last year was going to be a Farmville game or a social network game... despite being in development FAR BEFORE the Social Network fad came (and seemingly went). (The latest fad now for Titan is a "Steampunk FPS" as Steampunk is making a weird comeback for some reason... )

Now here is somebody suggesting MoP to be a Tablet game... when Tablet games haven't "exploded" yet, and chances are Blizz was developing MoP way before the iPad was still on the drawing boards at Apple. And lets not consider that Tablet Gaming isn't something ANYBODY expected... The iPad was created for one reason - to rival Kindle as a trumped-up book reader. It wasn't until the consumers got it and started playing their iPhone games on there when they started saying "hey... this could be good for gaming too!!!"
    Right back at ya... I always laugh at posts like these from people who really have no comprehension about tablet gaming and what they are capable of. Add that the world is going mobile and if you want to sit in front on your desktop all day because that's all you have, that's your choice, but the world is moving away from that. Thus the reason to move from labtops to netbooks to tablets, and even smart phones.

Graphically they actually pretty powerful with dual core processors if you can actually stop thinking that the only tablet on the market is an ipad.

And while it may be true that MoP is in all probability the next expansion, you can pretty much bet on Blizzard already developing or at least putting a significant amount of R&D into one.

If they don't, then that are pretty much stuck in the past, much like this poster.

10+ Year Old Account
    The timing is way off. MoP is not the next expansion. Quick search of trademarks http://www.uspto.gov/sitesearch.jsp

-TBC trademarked on May 3, 2005 and released January 16, 2007 (pushed back from October, 2006). 18 months pushed back to 21 months.
    -WotLK trademarked on July 28, 2007 and released November 13, 2008. 16 months.
    -Cata trademarked on June 26, 2009 and released December 7, 2010. 18 months.
    -MoP trademarked on July 28, 2011 with WoW X4 slated for release in Q2 2012 (April 1, 2012 - June 30, 2012). 8 months to 11 months.

that is all
    What if they are both together?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    (S)He's gunna implode?

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post

As long as they announce something awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    oh god.

THAT WAS ME FOLKS.

i posted that and linked it to a friend who is a /v/ regular just to annoy him since its everything he said he would quit wow forever for.

ITS FAKE. I MADE IT ALL UP. JUST BOLLOCKS TO TROLL A FRIEND.

i genuinely cant believe people saved it and linked it to sites... but for the record yeah my friend through a defcon one shitfit, he hates arra'koa and naga. then i just posted all the 3 kingdoms stuff and some wishlist stuff from this very thread.

so yeah, all a troll, ignore it folks. i intentionally wrote it ;as bad fan fic, hence the 600,000g red tier item above legendary guild airship.

i even posted using a trip at the end to assume i was trying to maintain authenticity. i was just bored, tabbing out of a game to increasingly watch him get mad. The End

check my post history on here, the gilnean wagon in the woods instance? i posted that on here months ago.
    Bahaha. You so funny. <3