Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supermagma View Post
    My char, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eunit/advanced . With the OP cookie cutter build, why is is 1/3moonglow and 2/3furor?
    Prolly because you need that one more point in balance tree.

Back to no lunar shower topic - I rethought few things and decided to give the spec a shot ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supermagma View Post
    My char, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eunit/advanced . With the OP cookie cutter build, why is is 1/3moonglow and 2/3furor?
    The point in Moonglow is required to continue to progress down the tree.

Furor continues to scale as you gain more intellect, and increases the potency of Euphoria which is based on your maximum mana pool. Furor really shines when you have things like DMC: Volcano that proc when you hit Eclipse and give you rather insane amounts of mana back via Euphoria.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

To be honest I realy dont see the point in taking either moonglow or furor, mana is an issue only after a CR. Solar beem and fungal growth on the other hand dont provide any DPS boost but they might be usefull somtimes.
    Former BOOMkin bad ass...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sysunia View Post
    To be honest I realy dont see the point in taking either moonglow or furor, mana is an issue only after a CR. Solar beem and fungal growth on the other hand dont provide any DPS boost but they might be usefull somtimes.
    Which is exactly why I notate in the spec that when mana isn't a concern you may want to move them into utility points like fungal growth and solar beam.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

When i start in solar on a boss fight, i usually detonate my mushrooms after first pre-starsurge. This usually makes my procs (darkmoon card, power torrent) pop therefore boosting my first dots. Anyone else who does this? Does ppl still pop treants prepull? I find it more effective to do pre-cast on starfire or SS.

I usualy pop treants after the initial buffs: pre pot, power torent and all that shit, its just a waste of a GCD to cast them right after pull and like you said pre casting SS or Starfire is much better. But I prefer to start in lunar an eclipsed starfall does more dmg than an eclipsed insect swarm and you have the CD on SF running.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why precast SS before Wrath? You are letting your SS land without Earth and Moon that way.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Why precast SS before Wrath? You are letting your SS land without Earth and Moon that way.
    That is true, havent thought of that.

One last question, if you dont mind. We're progressing nicely in phase 4 of Ragnaros heroic but we're still struggling to reach 1 meteor. So I thought of getting Sorrowsong to increase my burst dmg in p3.

Sorrowsong has 40% uptime on 1710 spelldamage in P3. That is 700 SP rounded up. Also 114 Haste and 141 Mastery.

Compare that to HC Necro Focus. 433 Intellect -> 900 SP and nearly 1% crit. Also 440 Mastery.

Sorrow -- Focus

700 SP - 900 Sp
    114 + 141 - 440 Mastery

HC focus is far better even in p3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotsi View Post
    That is true, havent thought of that.

One last question, if you dont mind. We're progressing nicely in phase 4 of Ragnaros heroic but we're still struggling to reach 1 meteor. So I thought of getting Sorrowsong to increase my burst dmg in p3.

Sorrowsong has 40% uptime on 1710 spelldamage in P3. That is 700 SP rounded up. Also 114 Haste and 141 Mastery.

Compare that to HC Necro Focus. 433 Intellect -> 900 SP and nearly 1% crit. Also 440 Mastery.

Sorrow -- Focus

700 SP - 900 Sp
    114 + 141 - 440 Mastery

HC focus is far better even in p3.
    I wasn't sure if you were stating a fact or asking a question. I'm not sure if 433 Intellect actually weaves to 900 spell power, as I believe it's a 1 to 1 conversion before all of your stat buffs, 10% spellpower buff, etc, but I still don't think it's 1 to 2, or even higher as you state.

Regardless, I agree that HC: Focus would be better. For some classes that excel on single target damage, such as Arcane mage, Sorrowsong may be a great option, but direct damage isn't our strong suit (while we're certainly not bad, either). We shine on seed damage and making sure they die quickly. With solar cleave, you really just say no to how much mastery the focus provides.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Hey sunfyre! i have a question about a addon.
    what is the name on your dot timer addon on your tier 12 dps movie?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanacco View Post
    Hey sunfyre! i have a question about a addon.
    what is the name on your dot timer addon on your tier 12 dps movie?
    WeakAuras.

I was able to replace both power auras and forte with weak auras.

I can't live without it now. There's still some small bugs that need to be ironed out but the developers are very responsive.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Thank you for help!

15+ Year Old Account
    WeakAuras.

I was able to replace both power auras and forte with weak auras.

I can't live without it now. There's still some small bugs that need to be ironed out but the developers are very responsive.
    How is WeakAuras compared to PowerAuras when it comes to memory usage? My PC is a bit meh and I came the point where only place to optimize my WoW is by using light addons. PA is pretty heavy addon but I can't live without its functionality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwwUQ...ayer_embedded#!

In this video the addon for dot timers and other timers, the one under BPT and above Forte xorcist what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sysunia View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwwUQ...ayer_embedded#!

In this video the addon for dot timers and other timers, the one under BPT and above Forte xorcist what is it?
    It's a custom PowerAura setup as best I can tell - I remember seeing something like this at the Moonkin Repository - I think http://www.themoonkinrepository.com/...hp?f=16&t=5853 is the correct link?

Deleted
    so much information on something so easy..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    How is WeakAuras compared to PowerAuras when it comes to memory usage? My PC is a bit meh and I came the point where only place to optimize my WoW is by using light addons. PA is pretty heavy addon but I can't live without its functionality.
    WeakAuras config u/I uses a ton of memory by itself but it's an on demand load,so if you reload ui after you are done tweaking things you should be ok.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

a very good addon i use for managing dots, procs and cds is clcinfo, once setup i like the little boxes that can be customised to any spell and placed in a good clear position so they are not in the way.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Deleted
    Does anyone know much about Power Auras Classic?

I am trying to replicate the dots that the author was using ie to get them to show where he has them so I can keep track of them better rather than underneath the target.

I have just had a play with PowerAurasClassic and cannot figure out what the hell to do on it. (I have currently got nothing working from it).

Thanks

Which is exactly why I notate in the spec that when mana isn't a concern you may want to move them into utility points like fungal growth and solar beam.
    For the sake of clarity, especially for people new to the spec, you should probably indicate that furor and BotG are also optional talents. Possibly also mentioning the strength of perseverance in a Raid setting.