Breaking T11 2piece for 2589 haste

Hey guys, apparently I cannot post links yet to directly show my priest, but his name is Todesengel on the Emerald Dream server. I know that I should be going for 4 Piece T12, but I also want to hit that 2589 mark for the extra VT. My question is would my dps be clipped severely from losing the T11 2 piece which works in unison with my 2p T12 for the T12 chest and being able to hit the 2589. My main problem is I do not have scheduled raids on my priest(yet) and it will be a few weeks until I can hit 4piece. Thanks!

You would have to simulate it to be sure, but I would guess the haste threshold is better. A guaranteed extra tick on VT probably beats out a few extra MF crits on single target fights. For AoE heavy fights, Stick with the extra Mind Sear Crits. Also consider though, the going for the haste cap probably also means upping the item level on the slots currently holding T11 items, meaning more intellect -> more spell power, which beats out crit substantially.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    You would have to simulate it to be sure, but I would guess the haste threshold is better. A guaranteed extra tick on VT probably beats out a few extra MF crits on single target fights. For AoE heavy fights, Stick with the extra Mind Sear Crits. Also consider though, the going for the haste cap probably also means upping the item level on the slots currently holding T11 items, meaning more intellect -> more spell power, which beats out crit substantially.
    Ok thanks a lot, now my follow-up question would be after I get the boost in spirit from the T12 chest, where should I reforge my hit too? Currently Im running at 1689 I believe, but I think it would be justifiable to drop down into the high 1500s for the hit cap. Thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by Rambovine; 2011-10-11 at 07:55 PM. Reason: meant hit cap not haste cap

Hit cap, Get it

Helps overall DPS in raids, also will you be getting DI in your raid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambovine View Post
    Ok thanks a lot, now my follow-up question would be after I get the boost in spirit from the T12 chest, where should I reforge my hit too? Currently Im running at 1689 I believe, but I think it would be justifiable to drop down into the high 1500s for the haste cap. Thanks a bunch!
    Quote Originally Posted by cabibi64 View Post
    Hit cap, Get it

Helps overall DPS in raids, also will you be getting DI in your raid
    Until you get 4t12 it's safe to prioritize hit less in favor of INT/HST. There is no HST cap(reachable), it's not even a plateau, let's stop using these terms.