Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    yeah I just got it in the neck from his as well :P apprently he mean the NAMES came from Kotor two, and some of the roughly styling, not the whole concept
    He's mistaken, the article, which is called Fightsaber:Jedi Lightsaber Combat directly names all the forms. The EU has expanded upon the different forms and such, but the article was first.

Q: What Lightsaber fighting styles are available in game?

A: The Jedi Guardian has access to Shien and Soresu. The Jedi Sentinel has access to Juyo and Ataru. The base style is Shii-cho, which is later modified by the shared talent tree, Focus.
    Taken form the Jedi Knight FAQ on the official forums.

a dev on the tracker a while back said that forms are just buffs, unless they change it, it shouldn't affect how you look. that said there is probably a specific fighting style for each AC being guardian, sentinel, shadow, and sage, and then different styles for the empire side as well, so we should see 8 forms or at least variable look for each one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    a dev on the tracker a while back said that forms are just buffs, unless they change it, it shouldn't affect how you look. that said there is probably a specific fighting style for each AC being guardian, sentinel, shadow, and sage, and then different styles for the empire side as well, so we should see 8 forms or at least variable look for each one.
    I vaguely remember something about only the Sith Warrior and the Jedi Knight using forms. See my previous post for JK forms, and I THINK the Sith Warrior uses the same ones. I assume it's Shii-cho:Neutral, Shien: Guardian DPS, Soresu: Guardian tanking, Juyo: Sentinel constant DPS, Ataru: Sentinel Burst DPS

Deleted
    Take a look here for some of the forms, and how they work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juNABCw5338&t=1m55s

Thanks Total Biscuit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    The prequels were horrible because there were a ton of plot holes that Lucas even knew was already there, not to mention a ton of horrible acting (do i need to mention the balcony scene with Padme and Anakin in Ep 3?) Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZ...el_video_title

Stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Take a look here for some of the forms, and how they work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juNABCw5338&t=1m55s

Thanks Total Biscuit
    Wow they've really cleaned up the gfx since the last time I saw vids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Darth Maul was a horrible character. A movie should explain who characters are and give their backstories. It wasn't explained at all what the fuck Darth Maul was or who the fuck he was, and how he even came to know Palpatine.

But yeah LOL at people hating on the prequels fighting. The prequels really aren't as bad as people make it out to be, 1 was shit but 2 and 3 were alright, and the fighting in the prequels is much, MUCH better than anything in 4 5 6.
    Remove Jar Jar and Hayden Christensen and the movies are pretty solid. I simply can't stand that dude, and his acting is just plain shit. No idea how he or Jar Jar made it in, much less final cut. The other casting was awesome. Darth Maul was a shit character with zero development. Thankfully Lucas learned a little from Episode 1. The light saber fighting is just spectacular in most cases and really did make the movies for me.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    Wow they've really cleaned up the gfx since the last time I saw vids.
    Indeed they have. I personally think it looks amazing.

As for the question about whether Jedi's will do any flips or anything like in some of the movies, if you watch this vid towards the end you'll see the Jedi do a spin type kick.
    http://youtu.be/FT4cLHU3Yd0?t=2m53s

From the seven forms of lightsaber i found in the AC page on the official site that:
    ShiiCho will be used for both guardian and sentinel if u specialize.
    Makashi is missin.
    Soresu will probably be used for tanks
    Ataru wil lbe used by sentinel if specced
    Shien will be used by guardian if specced
    Niman is missin
    Juyo by sentinels if specced
    I just found awsome how they pay atention to the details when creating abilities, spells, that reflectin the movie

Niman is not missing, it's inherrently used by any dual wield Jedi, even if it's not named as such (I don't know). I mean... why would dozens of Jedi and Sith alike train in dual wielding lightsabers without them using Niman/Jar'Kai?

Only thing I haven't seen so far is Makashi, which is odd since this is one of those times where I would've expected there to be a dire need for that particular style considering it's specialized against other lightsaber users. o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Niman is not missing, it's inherrently used by any dual wield Jedi, even if it's not named as such (I don't know). I mean... why would dozens of Jedi and Sith alike train in dual wielding lightsabers without them using Niman/Jar'Kai?

Only thing I haven't seen so far is Makashi, which is odd since this is one of those times where I would've expected there to be a dire need for that particular style considering it's specialized against other lightsaber users. o_O
    True i missed that
    Last edited by Balinos; 2011-10-12 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Indeed they have. I personally think it looks amazing.

As for the question about whether Jedi's will do any flips or anything like in some of the movies, if you watch this vid towards the end you'll see the Jedi do a spin type kick.
    http://youtu.be/FT4cLHU3Yd0?t=2m53s
    Oh thanks for that! Didn't see the video yet! If you were playing that you have to admit it does look pretty sweet. It's the little details that count in my opinion. Thanks for all the input guys!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    I just found awsome how they pay atention to the details when creating abilities, spells, that reflectin the movie
    Did I miss a movie somewhere? I've read a lot of books too, but I don't recall where the names of the lightsaber forms come from.

Did I miss a movie somewhere? I've read a lot of books too, but I don't recall where the names of the lightsaber forms come from.
    played SWkotor? you learn forms in that game.

Deleted
    So Bioware invented the names for Kotor? I'm curious as people are praising them for being faithful to the movies/books, but I don't know which movie or books people are referring to. There are over 250 books, so I haven't read them all. I'm interested in sword-fighting IRL, so would like to read any material that focusses on how Jedi are trained in sabre forms/combat. On the official forum there was a discussion about how many hands/arms get cut off in the movies, and that Sabre duelling is heavily based on Samurai styles, but that could be just for the looks of it, or to add more mysticism to the Jedi arts.

So Bioware invented the names for Kotor? I'm curious as people are praising them for being faithful to the movies/books, but I don't know which movie or books people are referring to. There are over 250 books, so I haven't read them all. I'm interested in sword-fighting IRL, so would like to read any material that focusses on how Jedi are trained in sabre forms/combat. On the official forum there was a discussion about how many hands/arms get cut off in the movies, and that Sabre duelling is heavily based on Samurai styles, but that could be just for the looks of it, or to add more mysticism to the Jedi arts.
    I'm not too sure, but i remember Dooku did say something in the second prequel if i remember correctly. But If you look the forms up on Wookiepedia you'll find out alot about them

Errr....

Obi-Wan used Soresu, an overall defensive form.
    Dokuu used Makashi, a versus-lightsaber form.
    Yoda used Ataru, a highly mobile and aggressive form.
    Mace Windu used Juyo, or more accurately: a version of it called Vaapad.
    Luke and Anakin Skywalker used Shien/Djem So, a more balanced form.

The two remaining are Shii-Cho (the first and perhaps least used form due to being outdated and there being more efficient forms) and Jar'Kai/Niman, the dual wield form which almost all practitioners of dual wielding used.

You can find most of it here, for more indepth detail.

Deleted
    Ep II has in my opinion the best fighting scenes. Is the fighting in that arena with all those jedi's 2 or 3? That's epic too :P

Deleted
    I get what you are writing, but you seem to be missing the point. Where are the names attributed to the forms they use? Wookiepedia is very bad at referencing what information came from what book.

It's all well and good to say what Jedi used what form, but you'd never know that if you only watched the movies, or haven't read every single book & comic. For example, I've read the Jedi Academy books, but while there's bits about Corran & Luke (+one other who's name I forget) where they are discussing about training on Lightsabers they don't mention the forms by name.

What books would I have to read that directly refer to the form names?