Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    How does the necklace stay on when there is no body? : )

Oh and generally PvE focus early on, maybe some PvP later... Don't much like how limited the action bar situation is, as it typically leads to OP 'builds' instead of what I prefer (using the right tool, from the whole list, at the right time).

-Alamar

PvE Definetly.
    PvP I'll give it a shot, heck I'll do it once just to see what true balance (same level, same gear) is like.
    RP Well the character creation may be the most RP I do but I'll see what everyone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    PvE Definetly.
    PvP I'll give it a shot, heck I'll do it once just to see what true balance (same level, same gear) is like.
    RP Well the character creation may be the most RP I do but I'll see what everyone else does.
    Having the same level (true level, not 'side kicked' level) and equal 'value' gear definitely reduces the complexity of the balance equation, but definitely doesn't remove it...

Some classes will be more powerful than others... Inside that, some skills will be off balance even more... And while gear will all be valued the same (50 <insert stat> vs 50 <insert stat>), that doesn't mean it will be equal either...

Anyhow, my point is simply that there will be balance issues, and that it's a much more complicated beast than people seem to think.

-Alamar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I'm going to do everything... every...thing....
    this pretty much sums up what I am going to do, GW2 looks too damn impressive for an ALPHA STAGE game to just do only one aspect of the game, I am going to do as much as possible when it hits shelves. PvP actually looks balanced compared to other MMO's and the idea of going at 100v100v100 in a single battlefield seems mind boggling. Im just wondering how their servers are going to be able to handle that
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

I'll be splitting my time up between pve and pvp. I'm not really good with RP, but I do like the atmosphere that some RP servers in other games have, so if there are RP servers in the game I might roll on one to be a quiet observer of some RP events.

I will be focused on competitive PvP, but will definitely look to do some casual PvP/PvE on the side. I will probably PvE all the way up to level 80 with my brother (we always play MMOs together), doing all of my personal story and dungeons. When my team isn't on, I can play WvWvW, casual PvP, or just explore the world and help out with some dynamic events.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

PvP mainly but dynamic events and dungeons look awesome aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    pvp holds no interest for me. I like cooperative play, not competitive.
    Did it ever occur to you that you can be cooperative and competitive at the same time?

That's what GvG is for.

Quote Originally Posted by AlamarAtMMOC View Post
    Having the same level (true level, not 'side kicked' level) and equal 'value' gear definitely reduces the complexity of the balance equation, but definitely doesn't remove it...

Some classes will be more powerful than others... Inside that, some skills will be off balance even more... And while gear will all be valued the same (50 <insert stat> vs 50 <insert stat>), that doesn't mean it will be equal either...

Anyhow, my point is simply that there will be balance issues, and that it's a much more complicated beast than people seem to think.

-Alamar
    Every class in Guild Wars can be max level in PvP within minutes of creating the character. If you truly think something is overpowered, then you can play it or counter it if you decide to do so.

That does not give an excuse to not balance, but it makes it less miserable.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that you can be cooperative and competitive at the same time?

That's what GvG is for.
    I can't help but picture the people on the other side of the characters. I don't enjoy killing other peoples characters. I know how it feels and I don't like doing that to other people.

I can't help but picture the people on the other side of the characters. I don't enjoy killing other peoples characters. I know how it feels and I don't like doing that to other people.

Except in GvG tournaments everyone chose to participate in the battle, there is no ganking.

It is every man for himself and the goal is to NOT to die; kill them before they do it to you and you get rewarded.

Since I'm going to take a wild guess here and assume you did not play the original game, the developers focus on PvP. The only time PvE got a major update is for a small mission or a new expansion was being released. At least that's what happened in the last game, it could change but I doubt it since it is the same developers and the lead is the PVP skill balancer from the original.
    Last edited by Deyadissa; 2011-10-15 at 06:36 AM.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

I'm definitely going to be into PvP, but PvE and RP are my main focus in GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting as PvE, but will eventually PvP too. I will RP from the start, actually I have begun RP'ing already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll PvE mostly in dynamic events, dabble a bit in PvP and dungeons, and then maybe do some RP.

I enjoy PvP as a thing to do on the side, but my main focus in MMOs are raids and I'm hoping GWII will provide some challenging end-game content in that venue, especially as they're the only game pushing the industry and moving past the trinity.

I'd really, really love to see what high-end raiding is like in such an environment and hope that GWII will be a continuous stream of awesome in that venue. I've never playing GWI so not sure what the PvE end-game content is like (or even if there was any).

PvP for me for sure, i might dabble in PvE a bit to see but WoW PvE is still very satisfying, mainly interested in GW2 to find a replacement for the garbage that pvp in wow has become and because i'm tired of Blizzard's politics in that regard as in refusal to split abilities between pve and pvp and ''shut up pvp guy''.

GW2 will be the 1st game that ill actually try PVP in the WvWvW zones.I find the way PVP works in GW2 and GW1 even better that the WoW model.(choose target tap button and if the gear allows you to kill him,good for you if not to bad.

Of-course i am a PVE freak so will do both :P as for RP dont know yet...i might do it

Quote Originally Posted by antonatsis View Post
    GW2 will be the 1st game that ill actually try PVP in the WvWvW zones.I find the way PVP works in GW2 and GW1 even better that the WoW model.(choose target tap button and if the gear allows you to kill him,good for you if not to bad.

Of-course i am a PVE freak so will do both :P as for RP dont know yet...i might do it
    I prefer the GW1 pvp over the WoW pvp as well. If you have better gear in WoW, you'll kill everyone. But in GW1, you need to position well, have the correct skills, use the skills as they should be used as you all have the same armor (depending on class ofc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Deleted
    pvp holds no interest for me. I like cooperative play, not competitive.
    as structured pvp is 5v5 at the least you could say that that requires quite some cooperation as well

I will certainly be doing both PvE and PVP, I have no plans to RP though but i'll see what happens when the game is released