Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

What kind of guild are you going to go into?

Are you going from a GW1 guild straight to the same guild in GW2? Going to go in with no friends and try to find a new group of people? Maybe a MMO-Champ guild? Will you make use of the feature to be in more the one guild at a time and grab a few for different reasons? Will you just be in one guild because you feel you should be loyal to one group?

Me? Not sure. I liked a group that I hung with in WoW, but some of them weren't the best players and I don't think they would do well at all in the new paradigm that GW2 is setting. Kinda nervous about a MMO-Champ guild. You guys are pretty cool and I wouldn't want to disappoint. I guess I will be going in looking for a fresh batch of people. I doubt I will join multiple guilds. I really don't see the point, but then again ANet hasn't released all their details on guilds yet, so that could still be in the air. I severely hope they don't go the route WoW went with guild levels and having guild rep. It's a terribly broken system.

Love to hear from you guys to get a better idea what I will end up doing.

I don't really have plans for a guild, I am not really the guild type I just plan on playing with some friends. If there was an mmo-champion guild I would probably join, or a pvp guild if I wanted to do some arena type pvp but I guess I will have to wait and see.

Probably not going to even bother with guilds to be honest. There's just so many things in this game where it's perfectly feasible to just go around looking for random groups to the point where being in a guild would be kinda useless for me. I'll definitely be looking to add people to my friends list though, but a constant group of people in a guild is something I don't think I wish to get involved in. This could change in the future though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to make a guild with my hubby and anyone else looking for a casual PvE/PvP/RP guild (we don't enforce RP in Gchat). We're just generally open to everything, but we wear our banner(s) proudly! Probably going to go with our original guild <Silver Wolf Clan>.

A competitive PvP guild. We'll be holding castles in WvWvW, forming competitive arena teams, playing in-house scrimmages and tournaments with the server browser system...endless possibilities!
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

A LGBT guild and a PvP Guild, since you can join multiple guilds.

I had intentions of joining the same guild from the original Guild Wars but I was so inactive from studying for certificates that they kicked me for inactivity.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a community guild. Just a guild of friendly people that want to do crap together would be nice.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Just a community guild. Just a guild of friendly people that want to do crap together would be nice.
    We're making our small guild, and then tying it to bigger guilds. Which is going to be awesome!

Everyone here is welcome to join us, we dabble in everything and would love to see this game's small community grow!

Deleted
    So, Grugmuc, I'm quiet interreseted in joining that kind of guild, you couldn't make some kind of Forum or send me a PM when we know better about servers and that stuffs`? So I could join the same server as all you guys xD.

I'm expecting to find a PVE oriented guild for my main one, preferably with a buch of current friends but I'm fine makeing new ones. I also plan on finding the bigest PVP guild on the server and joining that one for those times I want to WvWvW with a bunch of people all at once.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    So, Grugmuc, I'm quiet interreseted in joining that kind of guild, you couldn't make some kind of Forum or send me a PM when we know better about servers and that stuffs`? So I could join the same server as all you guys xD.
    I would love to make a long winded thread on our guild, our rules, etc, but I'm not sure if I'd get in trouble or not on MMO-Champ. I might head to www.guildwars2guru.com to make a Guild Recruitment thread. Gotta think on this!

Ok, I made a guildwars2guru site for us! You must sign up for it (not much info needed for this).

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...hp?groupid=309
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2011-10-15 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Are you going from a GW1 guild straight to the same guild in GW2?
    Nope. Never played GW1.

Going to go in with no friends and try to find a new group of people?
    I have no friends, so it's a partial "yes."

Maybe a MMO-Champ guild?
    Nah. I have no kind of emotional connection with MMO-Champion or the users here and thus I don't find the fact that we use the same website to be enough of a reason to be in same guild.

Will you make use of the feature to be in more the one guild at a time and grab a few for different reasons?
    Remains to be seen.

Will you just be in one guild because you feel you should be loyal to one group?
    You can be loyal to a group even if you belong to several, so my answer is again "no."

That said, I don't even know how many people you need to create a guild or can even a single person create one. If you can create one even solo then I'll create one just for myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    I would love to make a long winded thread on our guild, our rules, etc, but I'm not sure if I'd get in trouble or not on MMO-Champ. I might head to www.guildwars2guru.com to make a Guild Recruitment thread. Gotta think on this!

Ok, I made a guildwars2guru site for us! You must sign up for it (not much info needed for this).

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...hp?groupid=309
    I joined . So you had a guild of the same name in GW1? Could I join that guild? I just started playing GW1 again and I'm kind of guildless atm.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly, hi, I'm Liberate and I'm new to this part of the forum and I'd like to make a contribution to this thread since I haven't been THIS hyped about a game since Nintendo announced Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the N64.

I'll be looking for a community based Guild that dips in and out of all aspects of the game and schedules events for their guildies etc (I used to be in a massive Guild Alliance called The Imperial Guards (TiG(S,F,R can't remember the other letters at the end of the tag) that had this and I enjoyed every moment of being in that Guild). Any-who, it would have to be a European Guild for me, no, not because I particularly dislike the US, but because I prefer playing with people in the same timezone as me (and the fascination of my "posh" British accent gets rather annoying by most Westerners so I'd rather avoid that if I can).

I'd be happy with a Guild that:

-Roleplays
    -Runs dungeons
    -Zergs dynamic events
    -Scheduled PvP (preferably on weekends)
    -Hosts a weekly "Guild Raffle"
    -Has a Guild hall, cape, merchant, Guild lord... Haha, no, but a community website or something
    -And last, just generally be helpful towards it's members

Not sure how hard it'll be to come across a Guild of such stature, maybe I'm being a tad picky? ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to be in an Asura RP guild that focused on world domination.
    I can't RP worth a damn, so my place would be bringing cookies to our secret meetings for all to enjoy

Deleted
    I've joined your guild and written about my character on GW2GURU now Grugmuc And God guys, I can't wait anymore for this game to come! Let's pray that it'll come before the Q2 2012 at least

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll most likely start a guild to accommodate my real life friends so we can easily play together, with probably a focus on end-game content, be it PvE or PvP. Then I might start or join a guild based on being friendly and helpful to people, depending on whether that's needed or not.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I plan on being in a small guild with real friends and then finding a PvP guild to play in as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I'd love to be in an Asura RP guild that focused on world domination.
    I can't RP worth a damn, so my place would be bringing cookies to our secret meetings for all to enjoy
    So I'd have to make a Charr guild to stop this little plan of yours from happening!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    So I'd have to make a Charr guild to stop this little plan of yours from happening!
    May the best shortest man win!
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-10-15 at 12:32 PM.