Thread: Unholy DK PvP.

Unholy DK PvP.

So yeah, been playing DK for a while. Actually since it got out in wotlk. Played mostly blood back then + abit frost. Now as cata got here, I rolled frost ofc.and ive been facerolling all the way till now.

But now I feel like trying out Unholy since ive heard some people sayings its good(pvp) But I have 0 idea how to play it in pvp, I used to somwhat know the prior system for pve, but for pvp....no clue.

So what Im asking for is some advice/tips for unholy DK pvp. Thinking of openers and when to blow CDs etc. Playing Warr/DK and TSG btw.

Any help would be appreciated

- Warex

PS: Been looking all over the internett for a unholy DK pvp guide or a general DK pvp guide, but couldnt find any. That one @ AJ just seems crappy imo.

If you're playing TSG then you should be frost, no exceptions. Unholy is only half decent when you play with a caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyy View Post
    If you're playing TSG then you should be frost, no exceptions. Unholy is only half decent when you play with a caster.
    You're only saying that becuase your skill cap is that of an Arcane mage. Unholy is a very viable PvP spec. If you want to gett good at it, you need toplay more like a hunter than a warrior. Kite and let your pet do the damage. It's not PvE where you save RP to maximize the ghouls enrage, you need to be specific on how much damage you want to put out and when. Unholy is controlled chaos, once you master the spec you will never want to go back to frost. Your damage output is nearly identicle and your spread damage is through the roof. You can run Unholy as TSG there is no "rule" like this noob says that Unholy isn't good. how you spec your DK as Unholy is more or less determined on your comp. You have alot of play. It also helps when your running a shadowcleave that mele cleaves can't tunnle you as easily becuase you can kite them. Try it, learn it, master it, and most of all love it. I've been Unholy ever since Wrath release (except when 32/39 was viable). It's a very overpowered spec and it's underused. If you have questions please post them!

Poster was warned
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2011-10-15 at 07:39 PM.

I love people that assume you're bad because you play an easy spec. First off, I've played both unholy and frost to 2350ish this season. Played my hunter to 2500+ last season. I think you are the one who doesn't know what they're talking about. Both specs have their places, unholy is really only good in dk/caster comps though.

Oh and before you go and trash people, maybe you should look into their armories to make sure they're not 10x better than you in every aspect of the game.
    Last edited by Hockeyy; 2011-10-16 at 12:09 AM.

Deleted
    As unholy you want to focus on pet management. Im talking about pet interrupts, pet snares, stuns and so on...

Another thing that you need to do as unholy is beware of your RP as it is not simply see and dumb as it is in frost, blood, and even unholy prior to cata.

As unholy pvp your main secondary stat is haste while in frost it is mastery. Adjust your gear accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Deloir View Post
    pet snares.
    Care to explain how to snare someone with your DK pet?

UH is better than frost in most comps. Especially in TSG when played right.

Deleted
    Cubs when your pet is transformed it's leap charges into 2 sec root/2sec interrupt

If you've 2h you should go unholy and play with a caster if you've dual weld you should go frost and play melee comp. Don't ever play 2h frost it's huge DPS loss if you already both 2h and you can't find/don't know a caster that you can play with then yeah give it a try with frost. The diffrence it too big the damage that dual weld does as frost.

I enjoy playing frost because it doesn't have ramptime like unholy dies (5 coils, garg). As frost I can instantly do burst damage and it gives me advantage at the start of the arena game.

EDIT : TSG is dead, if you switch comp to Feral/DK/x or Feral/warrior/hpaladin you'll jump at least 200 raiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs View Post
    Care to explain how to snare someone with your DK pet?

UH is better than frost in most comps. Especially in TSG when played right.
    Leap during DT stuns . Timed right, you can then stun and wham away.