Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woeful View Post
    Evil =/= Power. Evil =/= Passion. Evil =/= Strength, Evil =/= Victory. Vile acts for sake of vile acts are foolish. Vile acts for the sake of progressing the power, passion strength and victory is Sith.
    If this is so, consider my character a terrible Sith. He is a sociopath who cares nothing of the Sith Empire. He does evil because it gives him pleasure. Whether it helps or hurts the Empire is of little concern to him.

Gotta say Sith is pure fun and enjoyment. Being a Jedi is like being a eunuch boy scout, so we know who has more fun based on that.

I gotta say my Sith will be an unpredictable one. Just as likely to kill his Master because he was talking shit vs helping a Jedi because he asked nicely. I wouldn't consider it neutral in any shape or form, certainly putting himself as priority number one, but also thinking about the consequences of his actions. Simply makes you wiser in the end keeps people from double crossing you because they have no idea what you're capable of and how deep you might be rolling. Since helping those who help you brings more allies. Free reign of the Galaxy, answering only to your Master as you see fit, and disposing of anyone who is dumb enough to get in your way... seems more like an uber sociopath to you perhaps, but to me it feels like a guy on a mission. Capable of incredible things and shaping the Galaxy the way he see fit.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, judging by the number of "I'll make the decisions that give me the most power or gain" posts ... I'll say that there will be a whole heap of ninja looting in Imperial flashpoints. Right? After all, who are your team mates but lackeys and pawns in your quest for Ultimate Power, to be discarded when they've outlived their usefulness?

I think I'll stick with the Jedi philosophy of altruism and sacrifice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    Hmmm, judging by the number of "I'll make the decisions that give me the most power or gain" posts ... I'll say that there will be a whole heap of ninja looting in Imperial flashpoints. Right? After all, who are your team mates but lackeys and pawns in your quest for Ultimate Power, to be discarded when they've outlived their usefulness?

I see what you did there...

anyways following your logic you still wouldn't get any gear since you'd naturally sacrifice it so that the people helping you could get it :P. Besides everyone here was talking about the chat decisions, I don't think that has any effect on looting.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, yes, my tongue was rather slightly in my cheek when I wrote that.

However, I did want to make the point that applying the Sith Code to your in-game actions doesn't work particularly well for an MMO. After all, this style of game is based heavily on teamplay and camaraderie and working together to overcome obstacles and so on. Other successful MMOs have gone to lengths to ensure that both factions could consider themselves honourable, or righteous, and place value on these sort of traits. Lore characters on both sides have sacrificed themselves for "the greater good".

I am very interested to see how this will play out in SW:TOR. I'll be playing both factions myself, at least over time, as I start more and more alts ...

My question would be, is a Light-Aligned Sith someone who uses the Light side to achieve Dark ends, or is it someone that uses the Dark Side of the force to accomplish Light ends?

In Warcraft terms, is a Light Sith an Evil Paladin or a Good Death Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    My question would be, is a Light-Aligned Sith someone who uses the Light side to achieve Dark ends, or is it someone that uses the Dark Side of the force to accomplish Light ends?

In Warcraft terms, is a Light Sith an Evil Paladin or a Good Death Knight?
    I would think a light-side Sith would be someone fighting for the cause of the Empire (ie against the "tyranny" of the Republic) but through just means - ie saving civilians, using violence only when absolutely necessary, etc. Because after all, many Sith truly believe they're the good guys in the Empire vs Republic fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    So since being on the forums, all ive heard is 'go play mass effect' etc. So I have, never played it before and im loving it (10$ on steam bargin)

Since im going Sith ive decided to do a dry run, and just kill everyone, cause genocide etc. However some of the decisions have not been too concrete on which is evil.

e.g. saving one of your comrades or doubling crossing people who deserve to be double crossed.

Mainly how will you guys play Sith:

Will you just murder everyone and cause the most destruction
    Will you do everything for your own benefit, regardless of if its good or bad
    Will you save all the females and hope there is a romance option, or just kill them?
    At first I thought about going pure Dark Side, because some of the result of choices made are pretty entertaining.

But recently I rethought my choice. I don't really want to be a baby-eating puppy killer all the time... Besides, there will be a whole mess of DS sith running around, so I will be hipster and go Light Side on my Inquisitor.

DS to me is equal to Chaotic Evil, whereas I prefer to be Lawful Evil (LS). I'll be 100% for the advancement of the Empire rather than making choices just to see someone die.
    Last edited by Zarasthura; 2011-10-16 at 11:26 PM.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post

Please look up the loot system before assuming "sith are sith so their loot system is different", atleast thats what I got out of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixtouch View Post
    Please look up the loot system before assuming "sith are sith so their loot system is different", atleast thats what I got out of your post.
    I got that people would roll need on stuff they don't need just to either be evil or empower themselves at the expense of others - ie ninja loot. Which I don't think we'll see more of on Empire than on Republic. I think most people would agree that gameplay and roleplay are separate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixtouch View Post
    I believe that it may have infact been a joke

So if I went full Light-side Sith , is there a disadvantage from not going full Dark Side? I always like playing games and doing the right thing always feels more rewarding in the end.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by degonite View Post
    So if I went full Light-side Sith , is there a disadvantage from not going full Dark Side? I always like playing games and doing the right thing always feels more rewarding in the end.
    both sides will have gear like the other, so besides personal choice there is no disadvantage to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been thinking about this a bit myself recently. I don't really have a "plan" which side I want to go. The problem is that I don't know what either dark or light side entails.

If light side is close to the KOTOR light side then I'll favor that. If it is similar to Paragon from Mass Effect, watch me jump ship. So it all depends on the flavor of the two.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

I have a question. How does a Jedi make evil decisions in this game? There are some of the con videos and other stuff that shows them making evil choices?

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I have a question. How does a Jedi make evil decisions in this game? There are some of the con videos and other stuff that shows them making evil choices?
    Check out the Essels video that Bioware showed at one of the cons. In the video the group makes the DS choice to toss the engineers into space at around 7:54

Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

In one of the videos BW released (a flashpoint video, don't remember which one), the Jedi group chooses something along the lines of letting the engineers on a ship die to ensure the Sith can't board (or something like that), whereas they could have chosen to try to save the engineers and still fight off the Sith. Actively choosing to take the easy path and let innocents die resulted in darkside points.

:edit: DOH! The guy above me beat me to it AND has a video

My sith will follow the code of the jedi. He is not a sith because he lusts for power or material objects but for knowledge. He believes that the force should be fully used and not limited by the laws of "man" (I use this in a broad term, not humans :P). He does not believe that the killing of innocents will bring him anything and while he follows the ways of the jedi, he does not believe that they do what is best for all.

I actually think it'll be more fun to play a good sith. Being evil is easy as you can just keep killing people and wracking up the dark side points like M&Ms. If you've ever played KotOR you'll know how hard it can be at times to pick the "good" answer. Remember the peasent in KotOR 2 when you first enter nar Shadda?

There was a video at a convention panel where they discussed different choices you could make. One scene had a Jedi and a Sith in a duel, the Jedi won. The Jedi was a player and a few options became available, you could kill the Sith in cold blood earning dark side points, the other choice was allowing the Sith go and become redeemed. If you allowed the Sith to be redeemed you would actually meet him later where he thanks you for turning him to the light side of the force.

Unfortunately I don't know exactly what panel this was at or what convention so I can't provide the video. Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about and can link it.