Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    robots do not make good companions to Sith. While they are efficient they are at the same time hard to gain favor with. I mean twisting some poor sap who would be willing to die for you would seem to give me a far better result. They'll even slave away all day in my ship working on MAH CRAFTZ!
    What are you talking about you can program a druid to be your best friend right from the get go. Not to mention far less likely to stab you in the back then any person!
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    What are you talking about you can program a druid to be your best friend right from the get go. Not to mention far less likely to stab you in the back then any person!
    Clearly you have never seen proxy from TFU series
    Quote Originally Posted by proxy
    Proxy: I'm so glad your alive master, I thought I had missed my opportunity to fulfill my programming and kill you myself

Starkiller: Proxy, what did you just do?
    Proxy: I've set the Empirical on a collision with a nearby star.
    Starkiller: You what?
    Proxy: It seemed like the quickest way to wipe out all witnesses. Lord Vader did clearly specify that no one must know of your existence.
    Starkiller: I knew you were still trying to kill me.
    Proxy: No, no. Not yet, anyway.
    I hope we can grab a droid like that, one constantly testing out abilities when we have free time :P

edit - Of course Proxy was also awesome for this
    Quote Originally Posted by proxy
    Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice: Shut down, Proxy. There is no one inside you that I haven't already defeated.
    Proxy: Give me some credit, master. I have one module you've never seen. An enemy I've stored for years.
    [Proxy changes his form to mimic that of Darth Maul]
    Last edited by Quincey; 2011-10-17 at 11:21 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    personal choice really. People are far easier to manipulate. The human factor to me is just important. I dunno being a Sith Inquisitor would seem wrong without manipulating people companions :P

10+ Year Old Account
    While I appreciated how ammusing this meatbag hater could be, he's not the type of companion my Jedi would want around much.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

If only it was possible... Credits are meaningless, most deadly, sarcastic and hilarious droid companion ever - priceless.

I`d keep my organs, tho.

Doubt I'd sacrifice anything, he's not that cool :/

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PopCorn View Post
    If only it was possible... Credits are meaningless, most deadly, sarcastic and hilarious droid companion ever - priceless.

I`d keep my organs, tho.
    HK-47 would let you keep your organs. For a while, at least.
    SCUM AND VILLAINY
    You will never find a more wretched hive...

What I wanna know is...

Where's my Cathar companion?

There is one :P...anymore than that and im breaking NDA (not that im in beta mind)...message for more info :P
    Last edited by Osskssa; 2011-10-18 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer Vette w my Inquisitor.... Then Khem Val. Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    There is one for the republic. Can't say which class, tbh.

And no, it's not breaking the NDA, there was a screenshot featuring a male cathar companion.
    Then he is for the Trooper and he is first guy you get on Ord Mantell

Wouldn't want him as a companion.....

He'd already be my deity to whom I would offer the lost souls of those that crossed my path.

I would be great to have him but it dosn't seem like it is possible but...

He IS in the game! (or at least seems to be)

On the official website there is a video about exploring a tomb of Revan, in the last few minutes there is an HK droid who says (in Hk-47s voice) "Interjection: Silence Meatbags"
    http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/...s-old-republic

It should be noted that calling organics "meatbags" was a personal modification of Revan only known to be done for HK-47.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post
    HK-47 is nice, but Blizz the Jawa is bloody amazing. Why would I ever need another companion?
    I would love them both. Heck they should have a Online Comic Strip -

"The Wacky Adventures's of Blizz and Hk-47"

if i could draw i totally would be up for that

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post
    I would be great to have him but it dosn't seem like it is possible but...

He IS in the game! (or at least seems to be)

On the official website there is a video about exploring a tomb of Revan, in the last few minutes there is an HK droid who says (in Hk-47s voice) "Interjection: Silence Meatbags"
    http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/...s-old-republic

It should be noted that calling organics "meatbags" was a personal modification of Revan only known to be done for HK-47.
    He has been known to be in game for months seeing as he was in one of the trailers BW made lol

No way hes gonna be a companion tho...theres a companion site that believes theres a bonus companion for each class and that its him but thats just wishful fanboyism...

Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    He has been known to be in game for months seeing as he was in one of the trailers BW made lol

No way hes gonna be a companion tho...theres a companion site that believes theres a bonus companion for each class and that its him but thats just wishful fanboyism...
    I wasn't suggesting he was going to be a companion I actually posted the video to try and say he has a different role in the game. Maybe a boss or a quest giver...

I've seen companion sites too, many actually say you can get a HK-51 droid as a bonus companion not HK-47 but i still think it's just wishful thinking. Maybe it will be a "guest companion" or something.

BW would never let HK-47 be anyone's companion, because HK-47 follows only Revan.

All other masters that were not Revan ended up dying horrible deaths, so unless you have a deathwish you don't want HK-47 as your companion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    None, that isn't the droid I'm looking for
    +5 internets for this response.

I approve of this thread, many good responses.

Personally I am very happy with my future companion, Kira.

None, that thing is ugly.

I'll be honest, the companion system is cool and all but I wish there were more options. I think it would be really cool to make certain npcs able to become your companion. Like say for example you do a series of quests for a certain npc and the choices you make in conversation with this npc (and possibly even the quests he gives) effect whether or not he becomes your companion. Similar to how in single player rpgs, there's often a character who your actions/choices in game affect whether or not they ever join your party. This way not everyone would necessarily have every companion so it feels a bit more personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    None, that thing is ugly.
    Someone didn't play KotOR