Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I watch lots of D3 vids. Wizard looks OP for sure.

I looked through all the skills with all the runes of every class quite a few times. So far, there's one that i singled out, which seems to make its respective class immortal, that is: the Monk's Lethal Decoy with Alabaster Runestone (Simulacrum). What that does is ressurect you with 100% life, if you die while the decoy is active. Basically, just when you feel you're about to go down, pop it up and wait to get killed and basically brought back up to full HP. The only thing you need to be careful about is having 75 spirit to be able to use it, which shouldn't be a problem if you just pool it and always stay about 75.

This, imho, is the most OP ability making the monk near immortal in solo play, and insanely powerful in pvp as well. Most likely though it won't stay this way, as it just seems way too overpowered, having no cooldown and such.
    Last edited by delnadris; 2011-10-08 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    Monk, for the plain reason that they are more utility than damage. With all the have to mitigate and stop damage, as well as healing, i reckon will make them beast hardcore chars in the game.

Witch Doctor looks like it will be the most powerful for PvM, not sure if I'd say overpowered but definitely efficient at monster killing between Haunt spread, summons and DD plague of toads.

Monk looks the strongest in PvP to me with its high mobility, avoidance and heals. Who knows from 13 levels though, it's too soon to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aman08 View Post
    The wizard seems like a glass cannon while the barbarian looks like a wrecking machine with more survivability.

That's funny considering the Wizard has a Glass Cannon passive ^^

The wizard and WD probably look OP now because we are seeing only very low lvl mob, that has no resistance. As the game progress, and spell resistance raises and raises, they mightnot be so OP then, compared to the other 3 class which are a bit more on the physical damage side.

Also we'd need to distinguish between AOE OP and single target OP. the Barb looks very powerful vs 1 guy, but it can take a while to tear down hordes of trash before they get WW anyway. The wizard has some powerful AOE.

Also, the runestone will change alot of stuff around, making some abilities that aren't too useful as plain become very powerful with a runestone.

We are missing way too many factors right now to know. We only know runestone effect at lvl 60, we have no idea(as far as I've seen) how runes will actually scale with level and grade. a lvl 1 rune could say give 5% boost or start at 30% boost of whichever it does, then the lvl 7 rune does 50% for both(So int he first scale, it starts really low, but get big boost each upgrade, while the later is about the same over the 7 tier.) This also have huge influence on the leveling time and such.

Have they said if it will be very fast to get to max level? Like finishing hell = lvl 60 without any replays? or is it more like D2 where you need to farm a bit to max level.?

We need someone to check the beta skill, and compared with the skill calculator to get an idea on the scaling of each of them. ^^

Anyway, as for OP, so far it feels like the WD or Wizard are in a very good spot, with lots of AOE to plow through. The real question is how well they survive vs how fast they kill. Could either have nothing but MF and still own everything around? or would they become too weak and die in one hit.. :/
    Last edited by Jawstrock; 2011-10-11 at 05:59 AM.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

15+ Year Old Account
    Wizard ... Mage... + BLiZZARD... the answer to this one is really simple
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    People are really getting in quick to call a class OP aren't they? Let's try to avoid the logical next step, the calls for nerfs...

Honestly as people have said, it's way too early to tell if a class is OP or not. Furthermore, again as people said, OP only really relates to PvP balancing. Seeing as we're all fighting NPC demons and undead, it really doesn't matter if a class is OP or not. We're all on the same side, so if your friendly Wizard is doing double the damage you do, pat him on the back and thank him for helping you clear out that demon horde! So long as you're having fun, who cares, right?
    OP doesn't just relate to PvP. That's a thought only people with a PvP mindset pursue and it's a faulty one. When the Paladin could still 3 shot raidbosses (he first had to take the punches), it was called OP and they nerfed the ability related to it. Also, due to damage meters, jealousy has become a big part of WoW today and people demand to be "competative, but a little but OP doesn't hurt either". This is both true in PvP and PvE.

Deleted
    I would say Wizard, all that OPness with time and fireballs, but nothing is certain yet. So who knows ^^ :P maybe DH is the most op...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock View Post
    We are missing way too many factors right now to know. We only know runestone effect at lvl 60, we have no idea(as far as I've seen) how runes will actually scale with level and grade. a lvl 1 rune could say give 5% boost or start at 30% boost of whichever it does, then the lvl 7 rune does 50% for both(So int he first scale, it starts really low, but get big boost each upgrade, while the later is about the same over the 7 tier.) This also have huge influence on the leveling time and such.

Have they said if it will be very fast to get to max level? Like finishing hell = lvl 60 without any replays? or is it more like D2 where you need to farm a bit to max level.?
    I think most runes are going to start quite low.. I would assume something that gives 75% at lvl 7 will go something like 15%->25%->...75%. And then of course there are abilities like magic missile and poison dart that get +1 extra projectile for every rune lvl.

There was a blue post saying that you *should* be lvl 30 by the end of normal, and 50 by the end of nightmare, 60 by the time you finish hell, without any replays.

I've played with the skill trees a lot, and there is a huge difference between what is viable with lvl 7 runes (only available in Inferno) and what is not. For instance, Mirror image with crimson runes is AMAZING with lvl 7 runes, but pretty darn useless with low lvl runes.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Wizard/Mage/Sorcerer-ess are always blizzard's favorite "go to/attractive" classes, but I still think the Witch Doc and Monk are very very close to being up there. However, I don't think they can really be classified as "overpowered" just yet.

Deleted
    With ~5 months to release, it's anybody's guess. My guess though, is the Witch Doctor for leveling at least. Later on, it's gonna be a different story. One thing is for sure though, the Barbarian will be the weakest, since that's what I'm gonna play

Each class has 96,886,969,344 different builds. Balance or overpowered are not words you can even apply to this game. It’s more like stone, paper, scissors with a fuck load more objects.

Build 70,222,876,125 is best in my opinion that’s really over powered …. Wooo you may as well slam your face against your monitor screaming “ ARCANE MAGE IS OP COMPARED TO DARTH VADER… OMG NERF BLUE WAFFLE”

That’s about as much sense you’ll make applying a world of warcraft class balancing philosophy to Diablo 3

+1 to sea anemones
    Last edited by Hailfel; 2011-10-20 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing Monk, with this build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Sdb!ZUX!aYYZcZ you can maintain 71% dodge, going up to 100% dodge every 30 seconds, and every time you dodge, everyone in the area takes 90% weapon damage as fire, not to mention the 105% weapon damage every second everyone in 13 yrds takes, this is as well as the 10k heal with no CD, a 3 sec bubble that heals you for 6k on a 1min CD and high magic resistance. I love my monk already

I'm thinking they'll be like TBC pallies, not amazing one on one, but SICK AoE abilities, and as this is Diablo I expect there to be ALOT of AoE
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Wizard and Barbarian looks kinda better than the other classes.

Deleted
    Right now probably Wizard. But it's beta, which means things will change... a LOT. So this topic is irrelevant for the game at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm guessing Monk, with this build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Sdb!ZUX!aYYZcZ you can maintain 71% dodge, going up to 100% dodge every 30 seconds, and every time you dodge, everyone in the area takes 90% weapon damage as fire, not to mention the 105% weapon damage every second everyone in 13 yrds takes, this is as well as the 10k heal with no CD, a 3 sec bubble that heals you for 6k on a 1min CD and high magic resistance. I love my monk already

I'm thinking they'll be like TBC pallies, not amazing one on one, but SICK AoE abilities, and as this is Diablo I expect there to be ALOT of AoE
    Dodge will most certainly be multiplicative.. You'll never get 100% dodge.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    Dodge will most certainly be multiplicative.. You'll never get 100% dodge.
    spoilsport well fair enough then, run the maths and tell me, how much dodge do you think I'll be running with, using the build I posted, all buffs present?

and tbh, even if I end up with like 50% dodge... that's still a nniiccee amount of free damage from that runestone

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    Looks like the monk has an edge, but I haven't been into everything yet. But the dodge and aoe of the monk looks overpowered like Gallahadd said...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    spoilsport well fair enough then, run the maths and tell me, how much dodge do you think I'll be running with, using the build I posted, all buffs present?

and tbh, even if I end up with like 50% dodge... that's still a nniiccee amount of free damage from that runestone
    I believe the the dodge stacking is being reworked a bit on the monk to make it a less obvious choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timelord View Post
    I believe the the dodge stacking is being reworked a bit on the monk to make it a less obvious choice.
    yeah, tbh I figured there was no way they could let it go live in this state, if with... 5mins on a calc I can make a build with over 100% dodge, then you NEED to rework the abilities give more *reduces damage taken* or even *increases threat genned*(does this game use threat?) to make us tanky, but not so reliant on dodge.

tbh just dumping the thing with Mantras being double effective for 3 seconds on activation would go a huge way to helping, then just bite the bullet and make them auras