10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    As an avid runner I have to call bull shit.
    As a non avid runner I'd say more like 15 HPM for me

15+ Year Old Account
    As an avid runner I have to call bull shit.
    After browsing around the interwebs, the fastest I've seen for run speed is 27 mph. The average speed being 15 mph doesn't seem all that off to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    After browsing around the interwebs, the fastest I've seen for run speed is 27 mph. The average speed being 15 mph doesn't seem all that off to me.
    That's sprinting though. There aren't that many people that can keep a 15 mile an hour pace, its the equivalent of a 4 minute mile.

Also only olympic level sprinters can hit up to 27 miles an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

15+ Year Old Account
    That's sprinting though. There aren't that many people that can keep a 15 mile an hour pace, its the equivalent of a 4 minute mile.

Also only olympic level sprinters can hit up to 27 miles an hour.
    Another browse makes me think average would be obviously less than 15, like 10 ish perhaps. But whatever! Doesn't matter, I don't really care cuz I'm a lazy mfer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another browse makes me think average would be obviously less than 15, like 10 ish perhaps. But whatever! Doesn't matter, I don't really care cuz I'm a lazy mfer.
    I'd still have to say less. Most people can only keep about an 8 minute mile pace. So a little less than 8mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshun View Post
    I don't mean to throw this thread off topic, but while going through random wiki pages, I found this:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Necrotic_Efficiency

Traits were not in Guild Wars 1, so this isn't a mistake. I don't remember anything being announced about traits for Guild Wars 2, either. Does anyone have additional information about this?
    In addition to the trait, I think some dude said he made like 25 minions during his expo demo. Can't find that quote though. I remember he said his entire bar was used to make minions.

Deleted
    I'd still have to say less. Most people can only keep about an 8 minute mile pace. So a little less than 8mph.
    This sounds about right, yeah.

Deleted
    Here we measure in Km/h.

In a 30 min running, in the gym, I put the machine at 12 Km/h, no breaks, that means constant 7.46 mph.
    If I want to run in a relaxing way, 9-10 Km/h, witch is 5.59-6.21 mph.

So, as a person that workout 3 days a week, not just to gain mass but also to maintain my resistance when I used to play football, volleyball and triathlon, I would say most people would be around 6-7 mph, probably even less. We must account for people that have done almost none physical training in their life.
    Obviously, in sprints, we can run faster but I assume we are talking about "constant" speed so I commit to my given 6-7 mph.

Edit:
    Forgot to say:
    This thread have been very helpful. Since I can't watch Youtube videos at work and searching for a game while working isn't very productive, having all this info compacted in one place is a God-send!
    Last edited by mmoc2c1b11db5d; 2011-10-20 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gravity00 View Post
    Forgot to say:
    This thread have been very helpful. Since I can't watch Youtube videos at work and searching for a game while working isn't very productive, having all this info compacted in one place is a God-send!
    hahah as opposed to going through this thread while at work anyway :P

OT: I doubt they'd announce the final profession in Paris. I am hopeful though of an early - mid november reveal. From there just a few more weeks of blogs to keep the hype going and then beta by end of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronyx View Post
    hahah as opposed to going through this thread while at work anyway :P

OT: I doubt they'd announce the final profession in Paris. I am hopeful though of an early - mid november reveal. From there just a few more weeks of blogs to keep the hype going and then beta by end of year.
    They said the demo at Paris is the same at ComicCon and Gamescom.. nothing new.

Haha, now the thread is about the average run speed of humans, how did that happen?

Seriously though, mounts would be fine for showing off, but it's nice not having one in a game for once. Assuming that's what you talked about, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Haha, now the thread is about the average run speed of humans, how did that happen?

Seriously though, mounts would be fine for showing off, but it's nice not having one in a game for once. Assuming that's what you talked about, obviously.
    Smrund said that the average human running speed is 15mph and he was just too wrong for me to leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    They said the demo at Paris is the same at ComicCon and Gamescom.. nothing new.
    Doesn't mean they can't announce anything new just because the demo is the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smrund said that the average human running speed is 15mph and he was just too wrong for me to leave it alone.
    It's an average. I grabbed it off of Wiki if you'd like to go tell them they're wrong by all means.

My point still stands, the animals used for mounts move faster than people. A mount should provide about double run-speed movement.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I disagree with mounts. The idea of them is okay, really, but actual implementation is where it gets shaky. Any race except humans would absolutely ridiculous riding a horse (which is why race mounts were implemented in WoW, no?), but what would the Norn possibly ride? Is that a part of their nature? What about the Sylvari? Would they ride plant horses? I think that's a bit of a stretch. And then there's the Charr. It's obviously unnecessary for the Charr to have mounts, if they had some sort of passive where they just ran faster, but when you think about practicality and how the game will play, it just doesn't seem right.

Mounts for Guild Wars 2 just doesn't seem right. I believe that they do not achieve what the developers are going for; that is, an immersive story where exploration and adventure are encouraged. You may say, "Mounts make exploring easier, and riding across an epic desert on a sweet horse would be just awesome!" I would have to agree with you there, however, how would they implement, say, the actual mounting process? Would you pound your fist a couple times and Poof! you're on your way? And would the horse/golem/giant lizard thing just disappear as soon as you engaged in combat? If so, is that really immersive?

It just does not work. Perhaps for another game, but not Guild Wars 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshun View Post
    I disagree with mounts. The idea of them is okay, really, but actual implementation is where it gets shaky. Any race except humans would absolutely ridiculous riding a horse (which is why race mounts were implemented in WoW, no?), but what would the Norn possibly ride? Is that a part of their nature? What about the Sylvari? Would they ride plant horses? I think that's a bit of a stretch. And then there's the Charr. It's obviously unnecessary for the Charr to have mounts, if they had some sort of passive where they just ran faster, but when you think about practicality and how the game will play, it just doesn't seem right.

Mounts for Guild Wars 2 just doesn't seem right. I believe that they do not achieve what the developers are going for; that is, an immersive story where exploration and adventure are encouraged. You may say, "Mounts make exploring easier, and riding across an epic desert on a sweet horse would be just awesome!" I would have to agree with you there, however, how would they implement, say, the actual mounting process? Would you pound your fist a couple times and Poof! you're on your way? And would the horse/golem/giant lizard thing just disappear as soon as you engaged in combat? If so, is that really immersive?

It just does not work. Perhaps for another game, but not Guild Wars 2.
    Truthfully I think you're wrong about it not working. While out of all the races I think Sylvari would be the hardest to come up with a "racial" mount for, the other races have something that will work for them atleast I think so.

More importantly it is up to ANet to decided whether or not mounts work within Guild Wars. So far, they have (understandably) no reason to have them at launch. Maybe once GW2 comes out, I'll side with those saying mounts aren't needed. But until the game is released and I can play it, I would like to have mounts if only for the ascetics.

Truthfully I think you're wrong about it not working. While out of all the races I think Sylvari would be the hardest to come up with a "racial" mount for, the other races have something that will work for them atleast I think so.

More importantly it is up to ANet to decided whether or not mounts work within Guild Wars. So far, they have (understandably) no reason to have them at launch. Maybe once GW2 comes out, I'll side with those saying mounts aren't needed. But until the game is released and I can play it, I would like to have mounts if only for the ascetics.
    I don't mean to say that ANet cannot come up with racial mounts, I just don't think it's what they're shooting for with this game. Plus, I'd rather have the artists and creative directors come up with cool ideas for other things instead, you know?

As much as I'd like mounts to be in the game as a prestige item, it's a pretty big deal that they have absolutely no base in the lore of the playable races as it stands now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggetmagic View Post
    Human: Actually, IDK, there are no horses...
    No horses, only dolyak's.

Norn: Shapeshift
    Shapeshifts are combat forms.

Sylvari: Those planty wolf things
    Planty wolf things? Druids? Those are like Kurzick Juggernauts.

Charr: Something they created - Tanks, cars, ect
    Possible but not plausible.

Asura: Golems
    Golems are for combat and heavy lifting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Golems are for combat and heavy lifting.
    And for squishing Charr!

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net