10+ Year Old Account
    I'll tell you what made watching this incredibly hard to stay focused was the last 40 minutes had a commercial break every 4 minutes which lasted for another 4 minutes I was getting ready to punch my TV. I would guess at least 40 minutes of the 1 1/2 hour premier was commercials. /sigh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Imo eat the kids...
    Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I'll tell you what made watching this incredibly hard to stay focused was the last 40 minutes had a commercial break every 4 minutes which lasted for another 4 minutes I was getting ready to punch my TV. I would guess at least 40 minutes of the 1 1/2 hour premier was commercials. /sigh
    You can buy them on iTunes for like 3.99 each or a season pass for 40$ if it bugs you that much. Of course they're gonna put a lot of commercials in, the show probably costs a fortune to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Good idea!

You can buy them on iTunes for like 3.99 each or a season pass for 40$ if it bugs you that much. Of course they're gonna put a lot of commercials in, the show probably costs a fortune to make.
    I do have season 1 on DVD it just felt a bit extreme every 4 minutes was crazy. The start of the episode went 20 or so minutes commercial free then once hooked they hammered us. I'm more inclined the excessive advertising was done due to they know the popularity of the show then the cost of the developement. I got no facts to base any of this just my guess on smart marketing.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-10-20 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    This is why I don't watch live TV. I own a megaupload premium account that I use to watch television. Im telling you the 200 dollar for life membership was worth it lol!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by onetown View Post
    Wouldn't really mind if a walker took a bite out of Carl.
    Yes! A thousand times yes! Child or not, the worst actor on the show must be purged via zombie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Yes! A thousand times yes! Child or not, the worst actor on the show must be purged via zombie.
    Well don't kill the girl! The only lines she's ever had were "AHHHH ZOMBIE!". But than again, children do tend to negate the seriousness of the situation........... KILL THE GIRL!

15+ Year Old Account
    You guys are so mean to the poor kids

I can't wait for the next episode. If it's taking notes from the comics it should bring out some more character depth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way too much Carl and not enough zombies in last episode. Next episode looks promising, however.

I'm not sure why the second episode left me with the blahs... The zombie scenes in it were fairly suspenseful.... they just lacked that 'shuffling terror' quality that some of the other scenes in this series have had.

I'm definitely going to continue watching this on a timedelay so I can fast forward through the commercials though.

15+ Year Old Account
    In a way I enjoyed this episode more than the last. It had more of a purpose rather than just wandering around in a forest. It's a good setup for next weekend too.

I thought this episode was good a good setup for next weeks. Enjoying the series now but we will see in a few weeks.

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked the last episode too. The show isn't supposed to be about milla jovovich running around killing armies of zombies. It's supposed to take a realistic look into those situations.. and when it comes down to it most of us would be peeing ourselves and probably be paralyzed with fear.

Anyone watch the Talking Dead show afterwards? it was pretty cool. I didn't know that the Walking Dead universe was made as if zombies were never around in pop culture.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Anyone watch the Talking Dead show afterwards? it was pretty cool. I didn't know that the Walking Dead universe was made as if zombies were never around in pop culture.
    I wanted to watch it, but didn't feel like staying up till 11 to see it.

Deleted
    The walking dead is realy awesome - already watched the first season twice. I also recommand the 6 webisodes if you haven t watched em yet.
    The show reminds me a bit on the good parts of Lost - just with zombies instead of black smoke ofc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Sorry, but I wasn't a fan of the s2 opener. I simply wasn't captivated by what was going on. In the first season, I wanted the CDC to open for them. When it was going to blow, I wanted them to escape.

Now that they're out and in danger, I'm apathetic at best as to whether I'd love to see a zombie chow down on any of the lot of 'em.
    I thought it was a very lethargic opening, there didn't seem to be any tension. They tried to create it with the kid running off and the events afterwards, but I don't know, rather than looking fearful and worried, the cast looked and sounded bored more than anything else. Hopefully it picks up with later episodes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    I thought it was a very lethargic opening, there didn't seem to be any tension. They tried to create it with the kid running off and the events afterwards, but I don't know, rather than looking fearful and worried, the cast looked and sounded bored more than anything else. Hopefully it picks up with later episodes.
    Well, I agree and disagree.

Where I agree is that it did open a little shallow. The girl running off bit seemed unrealistic. She wouldn't just take off and go somewhere else completely.
    The highway scenes were great. I feel like a lot of people are just wanting a zombie massacre. This isn't really the show for that. If you and 8 or so other people are in that situation, fighting would probably kill you.

Anyways, the setup for episode 3 looks like people will get what they want. zombie death. I enjoy the way this show is going because of the fact that its about people and story rather than just a massacre every episode. We've seen that done so many times already.

Theres also 11 hours left in the season. Chances are more will happen. People just have to be patient.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah anyone who thinks this show is one of those zombie killing fests they're wrong. It's more about the characters than anything.

Remember the thread is still tagged as spoilers!

I thought the highway scene was awesome.. It was one of those things where I couldn't stop watching till it was over. As far as the little girl goes my guess is that she won't be found. Also judging from the preview they showed on Talking Dead they may be looking to take the kids out of the equation all together.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I really should try to watch Talking Dead... That would be fantastic if the kids were taken out of the picture...

...well the girl isn't bad, but Carl annoys me.

ill have to watching it the day after but it is one of my favorites shows on right now

Season 1 was pretty intense, the first four episodes I enjoyed thoroughly. Then it lost momentum, except for the highway scene, I wanted something really fucking awful to happen, though something sort of did. What I don't get about that scene is... the dead can smell the living, why couldn't they just sniff them out? Anyhow I look forward to the next episode, I'd like to see how Shane gets out of that shit hole unscathed, 10$ says the fat guy dies.