Newly Assembled custom build pc boot error?

*New problem* didnt want to open new thread because it pertained to the same thing, for those who are lazy to scroll heres the problem:
    well the pc has been working since that time but today when i booted up the pc im getting no signal again? it was completely random and have never had this problem since i assembled it. i didnt want to make a new thread so all the hardware stuff is located towards the top of the thread. Any help would be appreciated. Note: I am getting 1 beep which means my monitor is recognized and that my keyboard and mouse and speakers are getting power as well.
    Last edited by zrvnavi; 2011-12-27 at 03:14 PM. Reason: new problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you've connected and powered your GTX560 appropriately, I'm immediately thinking that the mobo is still displaying the signal out the integrated chip.
    Hook up your monitor to the integrated video on your mobo. I don't know the exact process, but you need to go into BIOS and find a way to disable the Integrated card - could be somewhere in "onboard devices" menu or similar. That should automatically make your GTX560 as the primary display.
    Then connect the monitor to the GTX560, it should work.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-10-21 at 12:14 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    dumb question, did you plug the power into the back of your graphic card? also did ensure you plugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Assuming you've connected and powered your GTX560 appropriately, I'm immediately thinking that the mobo is still displaying the signal out the integrated chip.
    Hook up your monitor to the integrated video on your mobo. I don't know the exact process, but you need to go into BIOS and find a way to disable the Integrated card - could be somewhere in "onboard devices" menu or similar. That should automatically make your GTX560 as the primary display.
    Then connect the monitor to the GTX560, it should work.
    Unfortunately i cant access the bios because i cant see anything on my monitor. I tried using the graphics card out and the mobo output and still nothing

---------- Post added 2011-10-21 at 12:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
    dumb question, did you plug the power into the back of your graphic card? also did ensure you plugged.
    and yes the graphics card is hooked up properly. Fans working so i will assume it does

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to be repetetive but that's hardware troubleshooting for you >_<

1) Monitor is connected and powered properly
    2) Correct DVI (or converter) cable used to connect to INTEGRATED port on motherboard
    3) Motherboard is powered appropriately

If you've done the above 3 steps and it results in no display signal, I think it's a pretty serious issue with either the motherboard or the monitor. It's really hard to pinpoint which exactly...the motherboard is more likely.

[QUOTE=Xuvial;13756225]Sorry to be repetetive but that's hardware troubleshooting for you >_<

2) Correct DVI (or converter) cable used to connect to INTEGRATED port on motherboard
    Yes i used the DVI and connected it into the integrated port on my motherboard, but as for the power to the mobo, there is only 1 connection right?

10+ Year Old Account
    One really fat power 24-pin connector (mobo) and one smallish 6/8-pin connector (CPU).
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-10-21 at 01:46 AM.

Not clear if you ever got a video signal but I have two questions:

1. Did you flash the bios or uses asus automatic bios update utility ?

2. Have you tried completly powering down the system? I mean power down the system, if your PSU has a switch on the back flip it to off, and unplug it from the wall wait a minute and then try powering back up.

I have the asus m4a79 deluxe and had a similar issue after I would restart windows sometimes and after i shutdown windows everytime. The monitor would get no signal but the system was running. Fliping the switch on my PSU off and on again before powering on ensured a successful boot everytime. It was my first ever build so I was kinda shakey about flashing the bios so I used the asus utility. After manually flashing the bios again myself the problem went away.
    Last edited by TaintedOne; 2011-10-21 at 07:32 AM.
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Deleted
    [QUOTE=zrvnavi;13756310]
    Sorry to be repetetive but that's hardware troubleshooting for you >_<

Yes i used the DVI and connected it into the integrated port on my motherboard, but as for the power to the mobo, there is only 1 connection right?
    Motherboard needs two power connectors, a large 24 pin, usually somewhere near the ram and a one smaller power 12V power connector, usually somewhere around the top left (near CPU).

[QUOTE=Dynellen;13759484]
    Quote Originally Posted by zrvnavi View Post

Motherboard needs two power connectors, a large 24 pin, usually somewhere near the ram and a one smaller power 12V power connector, usually somewhere around the top left (near CPU).
    Go to page 1-25 of your motherboards manual it shows where the 8-pin connector is. Should be a cable on your powersupply labled CPU
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Check that you've connected these.

alright i didnt have that plugged in and now im getting 2 beeps when i boot but still not signal on my monitor

Deleted
    If I remember correctly, 2 short beeps when booting up is either a POST or a circuit failure (of course, beep codes can differ depending on the mainboard). Reseat your RAM modules and see if that helps.

Two beeps indicate that no monitor has been found to show anything on-screen.

well guys thanks for all the help, i was able to fix it by removing the graphics card

Running off the onboard graphics then? Neat, I guess.

Opening an RMA on the graphics card then, or testing around to see what breaks and doesn't break?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zrvnavi View Post
    well guys thanks for all the help, i was able to fix it by removing the graphics card
    That doesn't fix it -_-

That doesn't fix it -_-
    Well, it's a start, and mostly isolates things down to either the PCI_e slot, the graphics card itself, or that someone failed to properly mount the graphics card.

At least it's not broken pins on the processor, you know?

well the pc has been working since that time but today when i booted up the pc im getting no signal again? it was completely random and have never had this problem since i assembled it. i didnt want to make a new thread so all the hardware stuff is located towards the top of the thread. Any help would be appreciated