Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Possible Pandaren Mount? (speculation)

UPDATE:

Came across a set of model views from the Blizzcon Art Panel that included multiple colors of the yak!

This image appeared in a Mists recap/hands on playthough.

Since we typically see the "mount" animal in the starting zones of the associated faction, I don't think it's a stretch to say that the starting area is exactly the place to look for hints and ideas of what the Pandaren racial mount could be.

I think this ox/yak creature is an excellent candidate, don't you?
    Last edited by Daetur; 2011-10-25 at 01:40 PM.

Best mount ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are definitely on to something here. Maybe not correct, but definitely on to something...

Anyway, my gnome will look awesome on that.

Pretty sweet looking mount if it is! Looks about the appropriate size for the pandaren also.. fingers crossed!

As a side note, that's some pretty sweet looking grass!
    Last edited by Schmiggy; 2011-10-23 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    You are definitely on to something here. Maybe not correct, but definitely on to something...

Anyway, my gnome will look awesome on that.
    Certainly not thinking that this is 100%, but it's absolutley the closest thing we've seen so far in their zones that looks like a viable mount. I actually like it a lot!

I really hope that is the mount.

I would grind Pandaren rep so fast .. that I would grind Pandaren rep very fast. I don't know what to compare it to.

It does look like an appropriate size, I'm hoping for a Kirin though.

i'd say, even for the detail upgrade we are getting with pandaria, that they are a bit too detailed for a shoveltusk one zone mob, looks like a mount to me. probbably called 'Yakks' or something

oh that would be awesome, i hope so.

That would look very nice in an epic form.

10+ Year Old Account
    oooh yaks in warcraft BRILLIANT /not sarcasm

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

One of my guildies just questioned if it had 6 legs. I can't really see one way or the other, but if it does, that expains/shows a bit of the comments Metzen made in this interview about being a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and it, as a result, probably is having some influence in Mists.

Well they had a sketch of a mount for them, but i like the one you found much better.

I would love it if that where the mount. It is one classy Yak.

Oh, I missed the sketch somehow. That's a bit disappointing, I rather prefer the Yak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
    Well they had a sketch of a mount for them, but i like the one you found much better.

I would have loved this mount and so did the crowd, unfortunately Chris specifically said this was not goign to be it. However in the interviews they did I believe between panels, they were discussing a "chinese dragon" style mount for flying, and I would have to re-find the interview to say what the ground mount was they were discussing.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    I would have loved this mount and so did the crowd, unfortunately Chris specifically said this was not goign to be it. However in the interviews they did I believe between panels, they were discussing a "chinese dragon" style mount for flying, and I would have to re-find the interview to say what the ground mount was they were discussing.
    Oh, I see!

Well, it's to be expected that nothing is set in stone, and is still under development.

We'll have to wait an see, I guess. I think there are quite a few possibilities.

id guess its either the yak, or those new bengal tigers
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Oh, I see!

Well, it's to be expected that nothing is set in stone, and is still under development.

We'll have to wait an see, I guess. I think there are quite a few possibilities.
    It's a little late for me right now, but I will take a look through the panels/interviews tomorrow and see if I can get a definate link or something to post here to prove it heh, unless someone can beat me to it and save me a tonne of time looking ^-^ (<3).
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein