New computer?:x Suggestions?

Hello everyone...I´m thinking I wanna get a new computer for christmas :x, and I´d like to get some suggestions and opinions from you all.

Atm I´m not playing WoW, but might go back to it for MoP. I´m playing League of Legends, and waiting for Diablo III. So, Any suggestions as far as gaming computers go?, it doesnt have to be one where i can play with all my video settings on ultra; but one that can run the games smoothly and where I can enjoy the graphics in maybe High settings I guess.

Any suggestions work, as long as its not a laptop and not a Mac (dont like Macs :x). Feel free to suggest Graphic Cards/Coolers/Motherboard(Maybe?o.o, dont know really), and other extras in case I decide to get a custom made computer (If thats how its called... :x)

Thanks all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jemd13 View Post
    Hello everyone...I´m thinking I wanna get a new computer for christmas :x, and I´d like to get some suggestions and opinions from you all.

Atm I´m not playing WoW, but might go back to it for MoP. I´m playing League of Legends, and waiting for Diablo III. So, Any suggestions as far as gaming computers go?, it doesnt have to be one where i can play with all my video settings on ultra; but one that can run the games smoothly and where I can enjoy the graphics in maybe High settings I guess.

Any suggestions work, as long as its not a laptop and not a Mac (dont like Macs :x). Feel free to suggest Graphic Cards/Coolers/Motherboard(Maybe?o.o, dont know really), and other extras in case I decide to get a custom made computer (If thats how its called... :x)

Thanks all.
    Since you didn't tell us your budget, I'll guide you to Marest's Sample Builds, where you can choose the one that fits you best.

Be careful though, since new CPUs and GPUs might be released by Christmas (or 2012 Q1) so many of these parts may be outdated. You can't exactly know what to buy after two months anyway.

Building your own pc will either cost you less money for the same performance as a prebuilt, or the same money for much better performance.

PS: You should have posted in the Computer Build Help subforum.
    Last edited by Zkeya; 2011-10-23 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    Moved to "Computer Build Help".

A lot can change until Christmas in terms of price, and we might also see the new GPUs and perhaps (slightly unlikely) even new CPUs from intel. But based on what you said in your post, the 550 or the 750 (or something in between) would probably fit you.

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Opinions on these 4 from other people?:x. As for the sample builds, and building my own computer, ill need to ask some people IRL about the stuff linked in the sample builds. Thanks alot, keep suggestions coming :x

Also, like I said, I might be getting a completly new comp, that is with everything, including monitor, CPU and everything, thats why i didnt give any info on my current stuff, because I want it all new :x except well, my speakers and mouse...XD maybe keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by jemd13 View Post
    Opinions on these 4 from other people?:x. As for the sample builds, and building my own computer, ill need to ask some people IRL about the stuff linked in the sample builds. Thanks alot, keep suggestions coming :x

Also, like I said, I might be getting a completly new comp, that is with everything, including monitor, CPU and everything, thats why i didnt give any info on my current stuff, because I want it all new :x except well, my speakers and mouse...XD maybe keyboard.
    One thing you can always carry over into a new build is the cd/dvd drive... save $20 :P
    A new one won't be any better than an old one.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    One thing you can always carry over into a new build is the cd/dvd drive... save $20 :P
    A new one won't be any better than an old one.
    Unless the old one is IDE thus not compatible with most (if not all) motherboards today.

While these 4 prebuilt systems will be able to run WoW/LoL/D3 they're weak and really expensive for what they offer. The 550$ Sample Build offers comparable if not better performance, for at least 200$ (about 100$ if you need to buy Windows 7 and an ODD, which you don't have to buy if you get a prebuilt. Thanks to taekvideo for pointing out!) less.
    Last edited by Zkeya; 2011-10-23 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zkeya View Post
    Unless the old one is IDE thus not compatible with most (if not all) motherboards today.

While these 4 prebuilt systems will be able to run WoW/LoL/D3 they're weak and really expensive for what they offer. The 550$ Sample Build offers comparable if not better performance, for at least 200$ less.
    The $550 sample build actually costs $650 with windows 7, or $670 with windows 7 and an ODD... so it's not that huge of a difference though still cheaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    It hasn't hit Newegg or Amazon yet but some stores in other countries are seeing prices for i5's and i7's going up. Everyone knew it was coming :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze