Page 3 of 272 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    How good is Talon? I was saving up and could get him today, wondering how good he actually is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    How good is Talon? I was saving up and could get him today, wondering how good he actually is.
    just as good as any other assassin and the fact remains that his ulti is worthless once someone gets oracle =(

Deleted
    How is his ult worthless with an oracle? it still gives you movement speed and still does quite some aoe damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    How is his ult worthless with an oracle? it still gives you movement speed and still does quite some aoe damage.
    it's not a teleport, you're not invisible and you're an assassin at melee range, someone's gonna get focused pretty brutally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    it's not a teleport, you're not invisible and you're an assassin at melee range, someone's gonna get focused pretty brutally.
    If you're an assassin you go in after your team has engaged, like a sneaky little assassin, if you get me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    If you're an assassin you go in after your team has engaged, like a sneaky little assassin, if you get me.
    and the dd in terms of Talon has no viable means of not getting focused as soon as he enters the fray if someone is sporting an oracle which means you have to rely on your team a lot more which means ELO hell will be, well, hell.

all in all I have nothing against Talon as a champion, he just doesn't sport anything else than a short silence and stealth while other assassins like TF can lock someone down completely.

Deleted
    I'm looking into getting a 1350 melee champion as I only really have mages so far. Probably gonna be either Jax or Tryndamere. Any help?

I play mostly dominion if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktongue View Post
    I'm looking into getting a 1350 melee champion as I only really have mages so far. Probably gonna be either Jax or Tryndamere. Any help?

I play mostly dominion if that helps.
    I'd go for either Jax or Garen in that range. Garen seems better particularly for Dominion because of his AOE for interrupting and his mobility. Plus he's amazing for taking out that last 500-1000 health on a tank with his ult.

Edit: I imagine Trynd might be good in much the same way as Yi is for dominion in that he has good damage and there aren't a lot of team fights so there's less CC to screw you over. Though, I'd rather use yi because of his insane mobility and he's cheap.

Edit2: Then there's Singed who is technically melee though doesn't do much damage. He has what seems to be the highest speed in the game and is generally annoying as all hell to the enemy team if he doesn't get banned.

Note: These ONLY stand for Dominion. In SR, things are completely different. Except for Singed, he's a bit of a bastard either way.
    Last edited by blackangel209; 2011-10-23 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice .

How good is Swain and Brand?
    Im not to sure which one to buy. I like the look of swain but I havnt really seen many around compared to brand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool thing is that if you can play Brand then you can probably play Swain. I just bought Swain and he is very fun. He really isn't an AP carry but he can carry a team. You can build Swain somewhat bulky because skill set is about controlling you opponent and then unleashing hell. He is pretty good solo mid because of his passive and his ult, no need to B when you can just farm up HP and MP. His skill also allow him to control the positioning of whoever he is laning against.His drawback is if you suck at landing his W you are pretty much dead weight. The reason you don't see many Swains is because people can't land his W.

Brand is a faceroll champ, not much to say about him really. He can really punish people for grouping up. His skillset is actually a combo that usually never varies. I liked the damage Brand could put out but his was somewhat boring. You combo, wait for CDs, combo and repeat. Thats it.

If you are looking for flat dmg pick Brand, if you want a little utility pick Swain.

Deleted
    Swain has extreme CC potential in his root and slow.
    he also has a damage increase and aoe life steal.

this is why so many Swains are close to unkillable when they build a bit tanky, because they just activate their ultimate and stand there and laugh at people as they get healed for more damage than you can put out, kinda like Nasus but a bit better.

but overall Brand is going to be more useful for your team as his aoe burst potential is so huge it's not even funny.
    pillar of flame + conflagration + pyroclasm on a stacked-together team, and someone IS going to die, and the rest are going to be close to dead.

Deleted
    Brand, Vayne, Malzahar or Irelia? leaning towards Vayne or Malzahar the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohdii View Post
    Brand, Vayne, Malzahar or Irelia? leaning towards Vayne or Malzahar the most.

Brand:
    A good choice all game, His ultimate absolutely destroys if its a jungle team fight.

Vayne:
    Really really horrible early game, but probably one of the best carries late.

Malzahar:
    A really strong choice because you can usually remove a player completley making it sort of 4v4 as you feel pretty useless yourself after one shotting someone and dont have anymore abilities :P

Irelia:
    Shes gotten quite some nerfs but overall still a good choice (My nemesis)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to disagree, Malzahar dmg is not that high to take someone alone, but he has good utilities between great pusher, silence, and his W eat tanks
    If you are solo player Irelia and Brand are great, Vayne and Malzahar depend more on team mates than Brand and Irelia (and Brand IS good in team fights the most)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, let's change gears a bit here and talk about Yorick.

I've read RainMan's guide on solomid, watched a couple of high elo videos on youtube...I still can't make this champion work all that well for me. It seems like every solo top I face is a counter and I'm approaching useless by mid-game when the team fights start. Don't get me wrong...early game is incredibly strong.

I really want to buy him as I feel like when mastered, he can be quite a force. I've seen him banned in a handful of pro tournament matches. What am I missing here?

Using ghost / telport for solo top.

Going meki pendant + pots to start

Tear + merc treads 1st trip back

Manamune, spirit visage, then eventually to triforce.

Using RainMan's recommended build...le sigh
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2011-10-24 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    I just bought me some RP for the first time and i wanna buy a champion or 2 ( dont rly care much about skins )
    The ones that interest me the most atm are :

Yorick , eventho i was shit with him last time he was free to play i sort of like the characters vibe and mechanics and hes on a sale now too!
    Nocturne
    Swain
    Caitlyn , also mainly due to sale and everytime i face one i get raped by her.
    Trundle
    Vladimir
    Malzahar
    Maokai

So yea would like a opinion on most of these champs
    I seem to go for odd/unique/fun mechanic champs so far and mostly tank ones aswell.
    I got Blitzcrank , rammus , twisted fate , sion to name a few.
    Was also interested in pantheon and mordekaiser but i rather just save up IP for those seeing how they cost the same amount of RP as 6300 champs somehow :/ weird.

So yea love to hear !

Yeah never buy anything but 6300 IP champs with RP because 3k is decently easy to get over a week. I'd go for caitlyn since she is probably the best carry at the moment, and is on sale. I'd also grab yorick if you like him so much and he's also on sale lol, two for one.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

I've read RainMan's guide on solomid, watched a couple of high elo videos on youtube...I still can't make this champion work all that well for me. It seems like every solo top I face is a counter and I'm approaching useless by mid-game when the team fights start. Don't get me wrong...early game is incredibly strong.

I really want to buy him as I feel like when mastered, he can be quite a force. I've seen him banned in a handful of pro tournament matches. What am I missing here?

Tear + merc treads 1st trip back (1)

Manamune, spirit visage, then eventually to triforce.(2)

1 - You should ideally get tear and boots 1 asap. If you're waiting around for Tear + Merc treads, thats 1800g, on top of wards, for the lane etc. You should start stacking tear asap.
    2 - Don't rush the straight manamune. I'd get Spirit Visage ebfore you complete MM, as you want to control the lane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

Tear + merc treads 1st trip back

Manamune, spirit visage, then eventually to triforce.

While I'm certainly not a Yorick pro, I have been maining him since a week or so and have been quite successful so I'll try to give you my advice too.

Like Stylez said, you shouldn't rush Tear + Merc boots but rather just Tear + level 1 boots. This in total costs something around 1000g, which should be easy for Yorick as he's almost impossible to get out of a lane.

But first things first, even though TheRainMan is a pro etc. you shouldn't just follow his guide blindly (as you shouldn't do with any guide). Meki + 2 pots is probably the items you're going to start with though. Even without Mana Regen seals you should have enough mana to keep you in lane for a looooooooong time. However you should always see what champs the enemy team has and try to tell which champ is their solo mid AND jungler. For example, when I know I'm goign to be solo laning against Garen, and Lee Sin for example is jungling, I would rather buy Cloth Armor + 5 pots because this will make Garen hit like a armless woman. You probably still have enough survivability to stay in lane until you get tear + level 1 boots.

For runes I use flat AD marks + quints because this will make your ghouls do massive damage early game + last hitting is a tad easier. Flat Armor seals and magic/level because AP carries generally don't have massive amounts of AP early game.

As Stylez said, after your Tear + level 1 boots, don't rush Manamune UNLESS you are totally dominating your lane, in which case your items won't matter much anyway. It's a lot better to again look at the enemy team comp and your laning enemy. Does the enemy team have a lot of AD? A lot of meelee champs? Get those Ninja Tabi boots, Do they have shatloads of CC and/or 2 AP? Get those Merc threads. However a lot of the times I build my Glacial Shroud or my Spirit Visage first depending on my lane enemy. This will make you so tanky against them, they can barely touch you. They try to harass you a bit? Just laugh of them while your E ghoul heals all the damage AND does more damage to them than they did to you.

After I build my Glacial Shroud or my Spirit Visage I generally choose my boots (mercs or ninja) and then build the manamune. By this time you will have stacked that Tear quite a bit and before this point your damage should be more then high enough already. After I build the manamune I build the other defensive item. So the Glacial Shroud or the Spirit Visage, sicne by this point teamfights should occur more often and imo Yorick has to be tanky. If you feel you're tanky enough, get a Sheen for more damage. However most of the time I almost play full tank with Yorick (since everyone just gets carries) so again I look which of the enemy carries is the biggest threat. If it's AP I either build FoN or Banshee's. If it's AD I build my Glacial Shroud into a Frozen Heart. A Frozen Heart is beyond good on Yorick EVERY stat it gives is just good for him. 99 Armor is A LOT, +500 mana is A LOT (and it gives you some damage from Manamune) 20% CDR is A LOT (since I use a 9/0/21 build this item alone gives me 30% CDR) AND it totally cripples every AD champ near you.

IF you build that, and the game still isn't over, you could think about building that Sheen into a Triforce, however I have to say I've never been able to fully build it.

If you get Sheen, don't just smash all your spells at once. I generally start with Q if I'm closed ranged, get that Sheen procced, use E since you got a little bit of damage now, let that sheen proc, use W because by this time they see they're basically dead and you're just laughing, and finish them off with more Q and E and whatever.

Yoricks ulti. I barely use it on myself tbh, only in laning phase for the extra damage if I think I can kill him, or I use it on my jungler when he comes for a gank. Or to towerdive without getting hurt so much. However in teamfights I generally use it on my strongest carry, making it a 5vs6 for a short time.

In laning phase, don't use your ghouls to farm a lane as you will be pushing it harder then Navy Seals on steroids. Just last hit yourself. If the enemy laner wants to harass you while you last hit, just throw your E on him and laugh while he get's quite a lot of damage while you get healed and at the same time last hitting minions. You'll outdamage basically anyone with AD marks and quints. Got a bit low on HP? No problem, jsut stay back a bit and last hit with your E, this will get you're health back and some last hits. Always level E first, W is good too, but it just pushes the lane way to hard if you overuse it. Just use W and E to harass your enemy while you are last hitting. It will do shitloads of damage and there is nothing they can do about it.