Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I like what I hear and am looking forward to playing. I can't say I dislike anything in particular at this point but a few things worry me.
    1) End game PvP and gear. I worry that it will be like WoW/Rift when a max gear guy basically runs over everything that doesn't have 80% of his gear so its a grind to get to that point.

2) How good the end game will be for those that do not want to raid anymore. My guess is it will be a lot like WoW so I would get to max level and then re-roll another character.

3) I saw the videos for the end game raid content I was totally turned off. I'm almost certain the end game won't play out like it did on the video because I felt that the narration was decided first and then they tweaked their strat/encounter to fit the narration. I hope 10000000000000% that is the case because I was so taken back by how unimaginative, simple, face-roll, WoW Patch 1.x.x the entire encounter seemed. I'm certain the real thing will not be like the video but I'm a bit worried now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    I like what I hear and am looking forward to playing. I can't say I dislike anything in particular at this point but a few things worry me.
    1) End game PvP and gear. I worry that it will be like WoW/Rift when a max gear guy basically runs over everything that doesn't have 80% of his gear so its a grind to get to that point.

2) How good the end game will be for those that do not want to raid anymore. My guess is it will be a lot like WoW so I would get to max level and then re-roll another character.

3) I saw the videos for the end game raid content I was totally turned off. I'm almost certain the end game won't play out like it did on the video because I felt that the narration was decided first and then they tweaked their strat/encounter to fit the narration. I hope 10000000000000% that is the case because I was so taken back by how unimaginative, simple, face-roll, WoW Patch 1.x.x the entire encounter seemed. I'm certain the real thing will not be like the video but I'm a bit worried now.
    About your #3, it was normal mode on the first boss. I'm not saying that their hardmodes are gonna be amazingly hard, since we haven't seen them yet, but this fight is definitely supposed to be easy. They've stated that:

*they want normal modes to be so easy that you won't need voice com in the group
    *and that people who ding 50 will be able to jump into normal mode raids as soon as they want

So yeah, it's designed to be hella easy.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    <Snip> NDA
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-24 at 04:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having had zero hands on experience it is hard to say what I don't like about it outside of the released info. I suppose I don't like how Bioware has released information on the game. Look at Blizzard, we know exactly how talent trees are planned to work and exactly what the talents are planned to be for the next expansion which could be months away. We are literally weeks away from SWTOR and for the most part we know very, very little about talents from official sources. Same thing for some of the other game information like race/class combinations. We get that stuff day 1 from Blizzard, but not at all from Bioware.

Outside of that though I don't think I dislike anything about the game. Everything I have seen looks absolutely awesome, but it is hard to truly tell without firsthand experience.

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    That was the first boss, of the first raid, on the easy difficulty. What were you expecting, Heroic Deathwing? If you looked at a video for a first boss in WoW, say Patch from WotLK, it is hard to say that that held any relationship at all to how things played out throughout that expansion. The simplicity of the Patch encounter had no effect at all on the complexity of say Heroic Lich King and that is what I expect in SWTOR.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-10-24 at 03:40 PM.

That its not out yet!!

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest issue with that is, Blizz accepts that those talents MAY change, but shows us anyway (or that they've been working on this longer than we know and it'll be out early next year, and BW is still tweaking, and don't want to show info that is unfinished/subject to change. Different philosophies i suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    - No sgra at launch. Well Ill just have to be rude to flirting female NPCS
    - Holodancer is female
    - Im assuming there wont be a slave boy social outfit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    <Snip> NDA
    Thanks for the insight! : )
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-24 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'd have to say the lack of playable species still has me kind of bummed out. Was really hoping for a Togruta Jedi Knight, but since what race you play is not really important since factions are not divided along the lines of race then it's just a minor complaint

Am I the only one who actually likes the linear and straightforward leveling? Think it's great not having to think where to go next and running (or flying) around the galaxy, and rather enjoy the story and the convos.

To me (not in beta) the combat looks a bit wonky but yeah will have to see when we actually get to play it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    - No sgra at launch. Well Ill just have to be rude to flirting female NPCS
    - Holodancer is female
    - Im assuming there wont be a slave boy social outfit
    I can dress as a slave dancer if you like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I can dress as a slave dancer if you like?
    [Flirt] That outift doesnt leave much to the imagionation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    [Flirt] That outift doesnt leave much to the imagionation
    Thank you, but i fear the bra may be too small.

Hah, the bra's too small? *Point down at the panties*
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soilx3 View Post
    Am I the only one who actually likes the linear and straightforward leveling? Think it's great not having to think where to go next and running (or flying) around the galaxy, and rather enjoy the story and the convos.
    I enjoy a linear path. I like that you can go off the path, but in a story telling environment, a path is needed to get the most out of it.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

ummm, what is going on in this thread? it kind of sexy.......i too want SGRA and want sweet manlove, oh and man slave outfits, with leather speedo, leach and chain. i will pvp in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vissi the cruel View Post
    ummm, what is going on in this thread? it kind of sexy.......i too want SGRA and want sweet manlove, oh and man slave outfits, with leather speedo, leach and chain. i will pvp in it.
    Join Ixator and myself then, we can always use another minion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vissi the cruel View Post
    Ill I read was speedos. Join us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like:

-I wish they'd let Georg and James Ohlen speak more often and more freely. They are straight shooters that genuinely want people to know more about the game.
    -That they keep changing things. Things like changing how the mod system works, then hearing all the pissed off people, and changing it back. I undersand that testing is for testing, but with so many people feeding off of every leak, it's confusing and creates impressions.
    -I'd like more species choices for playable characters
    -I like the UI, but wish it were more changable to suit everyones needs.
    -No competitive PvP at launch
    -It's hard to make this list with the NDA in place. So definately, the NDA. If they kept it on story mechanics but dropped it on game mechanics, I'd be a happy camper.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Having had zero hands on experience it is hard to say what I don't like about it outside of the released info. I suppose I don't like how Bioware has released information on the game. Look at Blizzard, we know exactly how talent trees are planned to work and exactly what the talents are planned to be for the next expansion which could be months away. We are literally weeks away from SWTOR and for the most part we know very, very little about talents from official sources. Same thing for some of the other game information like race/class combinations. We get that stuff day 1 from Blizzard, but not at all from Bioware.

Outside of that though I don't think I dislike anything about the game. Everything I have seen looks absolutely awesome, but it is hard to truly tell without firsthand experience.

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 11:39 AM ----------

That was the first boss, of the first raid, on the easy difficulty. What were you expecting, Heroic Deathwing? If you looked at a video for a first boss in WoW, say Patch from WotLK, it is hard to say that that held any relationship at all to how things played out throughout that expansion. The simplicity of the Patch encounter had no effect at all on the complexity of say Heroic Lich King and that is what I expect in SWTOR.
    the race/class combos are up on website and in their class forum for each class there is a sticky of each class what race can play it. Ben up for a while now bout a year i think really