Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalgren8725 View Post
    Pre ordered the CE. Can't wait!!
    Like him?

Pre-ordered the CE and yes I think its worth it, the Physical Items alone are worth the money then add on in game stuff. My only gripe is the statue I'd have much prefer'd Satele Shan at the very least they should have had a Republic and Empire CE with a choice of Statue.

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

Deleted
    The journal has had me wavering since I saw the unboxing. I stood infront of the preorder box in GAME today. If I get it, it will be a Christmas gift from someone else but I am worried I'll drop down the early access queue if I switch to another retailer to get the CE. I would normally say that it is not worth the extra money because it is incredibly expensive and I don't buy "things" as a rule - I will only buy something if it will give me an experience. Statues and steel cases are not in that league. However; it would be a gift and it's always a nightmare getting me anything.

I don't know - the head start queue position really bugs me; but maybe you get preference if you order a CE - you are spending a lot after all...

I got the DDE like... 5 minutes after they went up for sale.

I wish that I could have picked up all the digital items that the CE had (because I couldnt care less about the physical items), but for some reason, Bioware didnt allow me to do that. Now I'm going to be watching my roommate chill out in the VIP area. XD

Hope they sell passes eventually.
    Gary was here! Ash is a loser!

Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    The journal has had me wavering since I saw the unboxing. I stood infront of the preorder box in GAME today. If I get it, it will be a Christmas gift from someone else but I am worried I'll drop down the early access queue if I switch to another retailer to get the CE. I would normally say that it is not worth the extra money because it is incredibly expensive and I don't buy "things" as a rule - I will only buy something if it will give me an experience. Statues and steel cases are not in that league. However; it would be a gift and it's always a nightmare getting me anything.

I don't know - the head start queue position really bugs me; but maybe you get preference if you order a CE - you are spending a lot after all...
    Your Pre-order code only gives you access to the Early Start program, its doesn't matter which version you pre-ordered with, the product key you get with your physical copy on release day will grant you with your appropriate items. I was mistakenly given the wrong code from GAME and added it to my account before realising after few e-mails I was told it didn't matter and the Product Key determines your version and the pre-order code is for early access and the earlier you pre-ordered the earlier you get in the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghess View Post

Hope they sell passes eventually.
    Personally I hope they don't, I see it as a reward vanity store for the people who choose to invest in Collectors Edition.
    Last edited by Kyira; 2011-10-24 at 06:06 PM.

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

In a time in America where people are at their lowest point in jobs. Some cannot afford to pay triple the price. Personally, I do not think it's worth it. It's some minor thing like changing light saber color. You could find the same stone in game but it would be very hard. Tons of the stuff I wouldn't use. I think people want an early advantage. I have complete faith that the game will do well. When has a Bioware Game, not done well aside from DA2.

They have all been thought provoking story lines. To answer your question. I will just order the normal one a month from now when I can afford it. I'm in processing of updating my hard drive and internet so I can enjoy the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Long time ago, a few months truthfully....

About 8:35 pm....

Msn popped up "New Email from BioWare/SWToR"

"PRE-ORDER SWTOR NOW!?!#?@#?!@"

*click, click, click* "CE? yes please!" *click, click* "Thank you for pre-ordering..."

No hesitation (:

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    I am sure you could always sell the statue?
    You think the statues will sell decently say 1-2 years after the game is out??

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Royi View Post
    You think the statues will sell decently say 1-2 years after the game is out??
    Probably depends on how many of them are floating around on eBay and how well the game does overall. The WoW CE stuff has tons of value, mostly for the in game pets, nowadays because it is rare to find an unopened CE for the original game. I imagine after time it will be the same for SWTOR CE swag.

Well, there's not much in the CE that interests me. That said, I'd consider it, simply for the sake of this being the game I'm gonna play for quite a while, if it was sold for the same price in Europe. 150$? Yeah, I can consider that. 150 euros? Not happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend ordered it but personally I don't feel it's worth it for me. I would probably look over everything once, then never again.

Having said that, I can definitely see why people are buying it!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I preordered my CE the first 6 hours it was available. 'Twas fantastic and it's money well-spent for me. Plus, it'll give me ultimate bragging rights in 6 years when some carebear noob questions my TOR cred. "Can you get into the VIp area at Carrick Station? No? SHUT YER PIE HOLE, JABRONI!" Then I can do a People's Elbow.
    SCUM AND VILLAINY
    You will never find a more wretched hive...

I cant wait to find out whats going to be in the store if it is for companions idk it might be cool I might be able to make lord scourge look cool.

Edit: I preordered the collector's edition the morning it was announced
    Last edited by Overlord Urahara; 2011-10-25 at 12:03 AM.
    Signature by Eruionmel!

10+ Year Old Account
    interesting point... vis a vie preorders and your space in the queue....

it comes from the time that you logged your code right? Or the time that you actually purchased said box?

because I got the game pretty much the second it was possible, but Game.co.uk being made of fail and AIDS it took me about 10 days to get my code and put it in the preorder thingy... so do you think I'll be losing out on early access time because Game sucks?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

it comes from the time that you logged your code right? Or the time that you actually purchased said box?

because I got the game pretty much the second it was possible, but Game.co.uk being made of fail and AIDS it took me about 10 days to get my code and put it in the preorder thingy... so do you think I'll be losing out on early access time because Game sucks?
    I wonder the same thing. I ordered my DDE through the Origin store within hours of the announcement so I got my preorder code right away via email, but I didn't know I had to apply that to my SWTOR.com account until like a week later, so I dunno on that one.

I cancelled my pre-ordered CE. I pre-ordered it as soon as I heard the game was available but after the continued way bioware dealt with the Red zone issues, I couldn't justify paying $150 to them

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

The early access is based of when you entered your early access code, not on the purchase.

That being said, since there was a big issue with codes when they opened up pre-orders, I wouldnt be surprised, if they lumped together everyone who pre-ordered in month 1 into a bucket just to get away from rage from the issue.

Really it comes down to the # of days early access they decide on and the number of pre-orders.

In order to balance the early access evenly, which is what its aim is, they will probly smooth out the numbers as best they can while keeping those that pre-ordered early happy.

Hypothetically

5 days early access period
    1,000,000 pre-orders, if 300k of those happened in say month 1.

Early Access
    Day 1 - 300k players
    Day 2 - The next 175k pre-orders
    Day 3 - The next 175k pre-orders
    Day 4 - The next 175k pre-orders
    Day 5 - The next 175k pre-orders

This is a logical way to do it, since everyone is guaranteed early access and it is based of when you entered your code.

If you entered your code in the first 2 weeks, which almost everyone who purchased on day 1 could have, I would almost guarantee you will be in the first day of early access. But realistically it is probably more like the first month of pre-orders.
    Last edited by jearle; 2011-10-25 at 02:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good point Jearle, I think I was getting a little too detailed :P its not going to be a case of getting an extra day because I preordered 3.276 seconds earlier than someone else, it'll more than likely be based on the first week, if not month. Hell it might even be a case of 'anyone who preordered in the first way of preorders gets 7 days, 2nd wave is 4 days, 3rd wave (does a 3rd wave of preorders exist?) gets 1 day, everyone else gets Launch.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    I'm having trouble seeing the early access being more than 3 or 4 days. I also would not be surprised if EVERY pre-order ends up getting in the same day; although I'd bet on those who preordered in July and August getting in first, followed 2 days later by everyone else (including me as I didn't preorder until the release date was announced).

I hope it's longer, but I just cannot see it.