Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    As far as I am concerned it is all a cluster fuck so far as lvl 85 dungeons are nothing like leveling dungeons and you can't really learn how to take on 85 dungeons in leveling dungeons. Remember the beginning of cata when decently seasoned raiders were having issues with heroic 5mans? THe game mechanics/ability costs change drastically when you graduate from WotLK content to Cata content, there is no way to be prepared for that by leveling instances, you just need to learn how to adapt when you get there.
    It's more about learning how to respect the group dynamic. Chaos is good for a tank early on as you said because it does make you use your full tool kit to gain and keep aggro. It is not very good for the dps though as many tend to develope bad habbits and VERY short attention spans due to this mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirls View Post
    So I'm a level 78 rogue with full heirlooms / cata greens which gives me 30k hp.

The last 3 dungeons I joined I got kicked from because I kept pulling the mobs, after the first 2 packs the healer and tank both stopping doing anything hoping I would die, one of the dps was the tanks friend so it was just me and a lock clearing everything including bosses.

running to the last boss I sudenly get kicked...

So they basically do nothing the entire instance and I'm the one who gets no rewards?

Please explain why you kick the guy doing all the work because this makes no sense to me
    You're killing the experience for the other people in the group. Even if there is no threat of dying, stop being an asshat(not calling you one, just ointing out that people who think they are amazing and godly because they can browse the AH for next expansion greens are usually asshats and you by extension are acting like them)
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    That would amount to yelling at the DPS, according to the current reality.

However, DPS also need to learn how to fight properly. The reason why DPS run rampant is because those dungeons are severely undertuned. That doesn't really teach them the basics they'll need later on. As much as the tank needs to learn to manage situations, the DPS need to learn how to make a run go smoother so he won't go into WTF territory in harder dungeons.

Which you're entitled to.

true, but on the flipside, as I stated above, DPS should also learn to become more responsible so they won't get their proverbial ass handed to them in dungeons that matter.

That I disagree. Seeing DPS run rampant can actually cause tanks who want to begin to give up because they won't listen no matter what you do. That is a problem that you just can't discount.

Also, for your response, no need to CAPS and bold your key points. I can read and comprehend them. You just come off as mad over an item we're simply debating upon.
    The bolded caps are not meant for you, they are for all the people that come in here, read 3 sentences of the first post, and then post about it without having read anything else in the thread.

And as far as doing the dungeons correctly even if that means slowly - no thanks. Obviously I can't speak for everyone but for me personally having played since vanilla I have seen these dungeons dozens of times, I already know how to tank/heal/dps, I just want to get my X alt to max level ASAP.

There is a lot of talk about learning the classes etc - but at the same time a lot of people are also commenting that it isn't their first tank either so the whole 'do it right to learn' argument is only valid in specific instances of what is being discussed here, not all of them.

If I am in a pug with lots of heirlooms, I expect to blaze and instance down without worry or care to who is tanking.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emidas View Post
    As someone who has tanked almost exclusively the last two xpacs, I only have one contribution to this thread. 78-80 is an awkward time when leveling, same as 58-60, and 68-70, due to ilvls of the new areas (it is FAR worse at 78-80, though). With that in mind, typical rules should not, and typically do not apply during these levels. You probably had double, or triple his health, and could probably solo the place. Fair enough. However, you never stated specifically (I read through, I didn't see, apologies if you did) if you asked them if it was okay for you to do that or not. If you asked, and they said yes, or just ignored you, then I have no qualms with what you did. However, if they stated they didn't want you to do that, or you just didn't ask, then you did deserve to get kicked. In a game based almost entirely on the community, courtesy goes a long way - and by doing what you did and not clearing it up from the get go, you were perceived as rude, impatient, noobish, or all of the above (not saying you are, just that is how you may have come across).

Hope this clears it up.
    This. So many posters in this thread haven't read or are making misguided assumptions (not the person I quoted, he seems to understand the situation). A lot of you are complaining that he didn't communicate well. However, we don't know how the rest of the group communicated either. Did they ask him to "Hey, slow down a little, we're still learning here" politely? Or just pout in a corner silently and kick him right before the last boss? Dick move on the groups part. If I were in their place I would have asked him before hand to slow it down a bit (if I needed to, personally, I'd prefer a super fast run), then if he continued without any concern for the groups wishes then do the kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    You're killing the experience for the other people in the group. Even if there is no threat of dying, stop being an asshat(not calling you one, just ointing out that people who think they are amazing and godly because they can browse the AH for next expansion greens are usually asshats and you by extension are acting like them)
    To clarify an asshat is a person whom wears their ass as a hat aka heads up the ass. That is all ty.

Also didnt blizz announce that ther are more ppl who no longer play that used to than ppl who actually play? Lotta noobs to contend with. I know i want my noobs as skilled as possible before they slow ME down at 85.
    Last edited by Aenima1027; 2011-10-25 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people not like it when I ruin their gaming experience? Of course this makes it 22 pages...

Partly blame Blizz for making dungeons a freaking joke.
    Last edited by Roose; 2011-10-25 at 06:38 PM.
    I like sandwiches

I will have you kicked the moment it's available if you keep doing that after I, as tank, have told you to stop.

If there is one thing I CAN NOT stand in dungeons, it's the DPS pulling for me. That's like a huge no-no for pretty much every tank I've ever talked to as well. Your job as DPS is to kill stuff sure, but my job as the tank is to pull and control the situation. So what if you don't die? You still feel like you don't need me, so I'm not going to do my job if you feel like doing it for me. And if you would rather I pull faster, all you have to do is say so. I set a pace I feel is appropriate for the healer to mana up occasionally.If the whole group wants faster pulls, then I'll go faster. Just my 2c.
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    How slow does a tank need to be in order to be labeled as "slow"? I`ve had people calling me once because I waited 2 sec before pulling the next pack. Yeah, 2 seconds literally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's recap:

- OP pulls and actually ends up tanking successfully UK.
    - However, OP did not ask if it was okay, therefore not being considerate
    - OP wonders why he got kicked
    - People tell OP he's not tank
    - OP begs to differ based on number crunching
    - I tell and prove he's not considerate in general by an analogy with law, upon which he totally took the bait
    - OP still wonders why he got kicked
    - People tell OP it's a matter of convention and consideration for others
    - OP doesn't care

Well, you may disagree with said convension, and think that consideration is not within your fancies, but no matter how you try to argue your point, the reality remains that you'll get that everytime you pull what you pulled off in the exact same fashion.

Whether or not you'll pursue such behaviour is really up to you, and has no repercusions on us. However, now you know our opinion, and your take on this as to whether or not our opinion is valid holds no value, really.

Why?

Well, while points of view are subjective, and while you're that strongly attached to your own point of view, reality is not subjective. And the reality is that you'll end up most of the time with that result due to your lack of consideration. It doesn't matter if we consider you to be wrong, or if you consider yourself to be right. Neither will change a thing at the end of the day.

What matters is reality.

I've been in your situation before i had full decked my 79 mage in cata greens and in this dungeon the tank was pulling to slow and i always pulled agro anyways so i decided to just keep pulling so he and his healer buddy got mad and i cleared the whole instance bymyself

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just reading these posts... so many people accept the pigeon holing of their class/spec. Yes for the great majority of content, you will do that. But who remembers some old content where non conventional classes were asked to off-tank certain bosses for raids? Or people that solo raid bosses?

Open up your views people, start thinking outside the box. Just because something has been a certain way, and is normally a certain way, doesn't mean that it cannot be outside of that way sometimes. If you're open to new experiences you'll probably learn a lot more about your class and become a better player overall.

The only sin in this case is communication. On possibly (and I'm making assumptions here), the OPs part by not asking if he can pull extra since he can handle it, and on the other members part by not speaking up asking him to slow down a bit if they were feeling rushed.

It's really quite simple...

Quote Originally Posted by Twirls View Post
    The last 3 dungeons I joined I got kicked from...
    ^^^ If you don't want to experience any more of this.... ^^^

...because I kept pulling the mobs
    ^^^ Stop doing this. ^^^

If you want to blaze through dungeons by yourself with no regard for anyone else, then solo it. If you want to use the LFD and be part of a group, then act like a responsible group member... or else...
    I'm the one who gets no rewards
    You are welcome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen0fCups View Post
    I am running into this constantly when I run leveling instances. Apparently, it's OK to not give a crap anymore.

If you are not the tank, do not pull. Period. The end.
    Why? - making things harder just because...

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    So by that logic, obeying the law because you have to is a poor argument as well?
    No, you obey the law, because if you don't you go to jail/face stiff fines and punishments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muldour View Post
    there are a couple of things here that are the issue. granted, they shouldn't have kicked you without saying anything, but on that note...you shouldn't be pulling. if you pull aggro off the tank...thats another story. as a dps, it is your responsibility to make you that you don't pull off the tank while maintaining a high level of dps. i know this is something that actually requires skill, but its a nice balancing act and isn't hard to do since the buff of tank threat generation. the solution is to use tricks of the trade (trainable @ lvl 75) on the tank whenever its up and if need be, feint/vanish. Its hard to say that its entirely your fault because i don't know how bad or good the tank was. my main is a tank so i understand their perspective, but i also have a few pure dps characters that have had some terrible tanks. on my hunter i just make sure to use misdirect everytime i attack a mob...just to ensure that i don't pull.

Again, my suggestion is to make sure that you are doing everything you can to help the group succeed. even if that means you have to sacrifice a bit of dps to make sure you don't get kicked.
    Me tanking was doing everything I can to make the group succeed

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 07:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Catforum View Post
    You should have been kicked sooner. Nothing more annoying than dps who pull every two seconds, especially at my speed of tanking. It is completely unnecessary and the main reason I issue kicks. Would rather have you afk, chances are I do more damage anyway.
    Didn't read the post, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    As a healer I can't tell you how annoying it is to have to heal everyone rather than just the tank. I already never do randoms as is.
    Let. Them. Die. This isn't rocket science. I advise the ssame things to tanks. If someone's pulling for you, *don't* do the 'extra work' this causes you and let the moron face-plant.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    No, you obey the law, because if you don't you go to jail/face stiff fines and punishments.
    Punishments... like being vote-kicked? Heh.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh at to all the people who KEEP asking the question "Why didnt he just do the dungeon alone", it is because you don't get the extra experience, gold and justice points if you don't queue up in the LFD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maledictum View Post
    I will have you kicked the moment it's available if you keep doing that after I, as tank, have told you to stop.
    gotta love the way you emphasize you're a tank - as if you have some god given right to control the group exactly as you see fit.