Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    [Not sure if this is NDA type stuff] Maybe I've been doing it wrong. You can speed up the conversations/scenes with spacebar, but you can't skip them. Like if you want to pick up a side quest, you still have to go through the full conversation in order to accept the quest, you can't just hit spacebar and it'll give it to automatically and skip any loading screens. Hitting space bar only skips to the next line of dialog or choice.
    Well right, there are no loading screens in conversations unless you're changing instances, and yeah you still have to make decisions, but spamming spacebar will bring you right to the decision points, at which point you choose your conversation option and continue spamming spacebar, if that's what you're into.

Overall it may take longer than simply clicking Accept on a WoW quest, but it's certainly not bad at all for those wanting to skip everything.

a game that's hype is created for things not in mmos, that really don't need to be...

IMO it will "tank" after 6 months, atleast that's when >50% of the playerbase will be bored because it's just another single player rpg by bioware for them to play and they're finished with it. <Snip> NDA
    Take rift for example. Launched pretty well, didn't keep the interest of players so they quit. I'm still playing, and it's enjoyable. New fairly large content patches every 2-3 months... but I'm sure alot of people who played it at launch wouldn't be willing to come back.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-26 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    GUESS WHAT?

This is not a thread (or subforum) to come into just to trash the game. Be constructive. Telling us, "This game will fail" is NOT constructive. I'm not sure what it is about today, but it's been a bad day for this crap, and it stops now!
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-26 at 12:51 AM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    I second that!

I'm going to play the game as if it was a kotor 3, and btw nothing kills wow . Wow dies just from pure fatigue from all the years people have been playing the game, kotor will no doubt survive but what do you define successful as a mmo?

Is it making enough profit (subs) to cover costs , or is it making more subs than wow? In the end its going to do well, money wise for bio and for the players with quality content but everyone should keep in mind its hard for new mmo's to come out with the level of polish that people expect (wow level) when wow has had years and years to polish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarshot View Post
    IMO it will "tank" after 6 months, atleast that's when >50% of the playerbase will be bored because it's just another single player rpg by bioware for them to play and they're finished with it.
    Maybe. But I'm at over 100 hours played on ME1, and almost 300 hours played on ME2 (mostly because I like the gameplay for ME2 much more). And that's with the same story for all 6 classes. I've only gotten a small taste for SWTOR so far, but I expect to spend even more time there than in ME with all the different class stories, the different yet balanced classes (unlike ME2 where Sentinel >>>> all), and the multiplayer aspect which I expect to add much, much more replay-ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly hope that Star Wars the old Republic turns out to be an awesome game, and one that is very successful. Yes, like many others, I think I will most likely try it out. More importantly though, you are correct OP, that if it does well, it will cause the industry to roll up their sleeves and kick the creative think tanks into over drive. Even if some of us chose not to make the move to SW, we can take some solace that what ever MMO we choose to play may very well benefit from having to step up to the plate and compete.

Heres to wishing SW the best of runs, and heres to it breaking ground on improving the industry as a whole.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Maybe. But I'm at over 100 hours played on ME1, and almost 300 hours played on ME2 (mostly because I like the gameplay for ME2 much more). And that's with the same story for all 6 classes. I've only gotten a small taste for SWTOR so far, but I expect to spend even more time there than in ME with all the different class stories, the different yet balanced classes (unlike ME2 where Sentinel >>>> all), and the multiplayer aspect which I expect to add much, much more replay-ability.
    true, but at 15$/month , someone playing the game for the sole purpose of single player storyline probably wont be willing to continue paying since alot of the quests mesh over into one another. Coupled with the fact that other games will be coming out pre and post release (skyrim, D3 etc.) I honestly don't see people who aren't used to paying a monthly feee continuing their sub for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarshot View Post
    true, but at 15$/month , someone playing the game for the sole purpose of single player storyline probably wont be willing to continue paying since alot of the quests mesh over into one another. Coupled with the fact that other games will be coming out pre and post release (skyrim, D3 etc.) I honestly don't see people who aren't used to paying a monthly feee continuing their sub for very long.
    I'm hoping they add heirloom type gear pretty quick so that on alts you can focus mostly on the class quest and not have to do so many of the shared side quests that you've already done before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping they add heirloom type gear pretty quick so that on alts you can focus mostly on the class quest and not have to do so many of the shared side quests that you've already done before.
    That's not something that will work like you are thinking. Class questing is not the majority of the leveling. TOR is not trivializing their game by allowing people to powerlevel through their content, skipping most of it. It might happen that some is skippable with some sort of heirloom items, but don't expect anything like WoW.

Eh, in my opinion "heirloom" type items are for very mature MMOs like WotLK WoW. Just let a good game be a good game for a while! I say, after you've experienced all the amazing things the game has to offer, then you can start thinking about speeding through it just to get to "endgame" content.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Im not really interested in swtor myself at all but i imagine it will turn a profit. Now getting more than 2 mil subs though thats a bit iffy.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually looking forward to not seeing someone make a toon at like 8am and by the time dinner happens they are level 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    SWTOR will be successful no doubt, I'm sure they will get a profit. But it will never be as successful as WoW, or even lineage lol! But the MMO that might stir the pot is going to be GW2 not SWTOR. If they take off they will make a splash in the industry because of how unique a lot of their approach is.

I think SWTOR will have a good 6 months, (WoW gained subs for 4 years) and then subs will slowly decline especially if they make the end game = raiding. Just doesn't look like there is enough there to keep people continuously interested in the game. SWTOR so far looks like a Bio-ware game with WoW end game PvP/Raiding. I think the WoW end game for SWTOR pretty much has me thinking I'm going to level to see the stories and then thats it. If I want raiding end game content WoW is the best.
    The reason why GW2 is making such a stir is people are waiting to see exactly how much community response they are willing to listen to when it comes to a free game that they get no income from other than buying the game. Riot usually gets blasted for it's lack of response to the community's problems because of the fact that they really don't make you have to pay for the game, so in return they just drop what they do.

I played the beta for a few weeks straight and didn't even see a hint of player housing besides the ship, which was simply an instance for you and your companions. Did I miss something?
    Quote Originally Posted by magnuzze View Post
    considering that TG warriors was here since Vanilla, and DK's got into the World of warcraft in WoTLK... you can say that they have been stealing 2-handed from us.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDellJack View Post
    I played the beta for a few weeks straight and didn't even see a hint of player housing besides the ship, which was simply an instance for you and your companions. Did I miss something?
    Nope.

It works for some games, but really isn't practical for most.

Nope.

It works for some games, but really isn't practical for most.
    Ok I didn't think there was housing but for some reason I keep seeing people say it's in TOR.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnuzze View Post
    considering that TG warriors was here since Vanilla, and DK's got into the World of warcraft in WoTLK... you can say that they have been stealing 2-handed from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I didn't think there was housing but for some reason I keep seeing people say it's in TOR.
    Unfortunately, there are many false rumors going around about the game. =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, let's assume that each class has 100 hours of game time in the personal story line (I have no idea if this is true, but it seems reasonable). An avid MMO player will probably play 5 hours a day, if not more than that. So all 8 classes will take him approximately 5 to 6 months. If the end game is good people will obviously continue playing after that. But if the end game is not good, it's a good guess that people will be done with the game after 6 months. What will happen is not something I can tell, but it's not unreasonable to guess that people will be done with the story lines after 6 months.

Housing in SWTOR at launch is your spaceship (when you get one).

There are alot of trolls spreading misinformation about TOR so be wary .. the biggest one is that TOR is just a WoW clone.

Research the game yourself to disprove this. It has internet in a 3D environment, and uses a mouse for UI interaction. bout it. Standard controls for any game pre-dating WoW too. (A-W-D, etc)..