Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    *SPOILER ALERT*
    It really is a very very boring show for what it could and should be. It is a soap opera with a bunch of whiny oblivious people running around crying about how their life sucks.
    The concept has so much potential, but it falls so short of it and adds way too much fluff by way of "Character Development" Honestly I don't care WHY that blonde chick is an idiot, only that she is still alive simply to add more fluff to a weak story.

The first episode of season 2 was the most ridiculous nonsense I have ever seen...
    So SOMEHOW at LEAST 100 Zombies snuck up on the group from behind to about 50 feet from them...on a highway... that there was nothing there to hide them... and Dale was watching for them... and NO ONE NOTICED?!? Get real, any survivors would be on such high alert that not even 1 zombie would get that close without alerting them let alone 100.
    So the little girl gets lost because she doesn't listen... Who cares? Leave her, she isn't smart enough to survive anyways.

The show is simply entertaining to see how stupid they are going to be this week. I really do hope the show gets better, and they ditch the fluff, but until then it is simply a soap opera with a zombie apocalypse afterthought.
    Last edited by Zenotetsuken; 2011-10-27 at 04:41 AM. Reason: added spoiler alert due to specific parts

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    *SPOILER ALERT*
    It really is a very very boring show for what it could and should be. It is a soap opera with a bunch of whiny oblivious people running around crying about how their life sucks.
    The concept has so much potential, but it falls so short of it and adds way too much fluff by way of "Character Development" Honestly I don't care WHY that blonde chick is an idiot, only that she is still alive simply to add more fluff to a weak story.

The first episode of season 2 was the most ridiculous nonsense I have ever seen...
    So SOMEHOW at LEAST 100 Zombies snuck up on the group from behind to about 50 feet from them...on a highway... that there was nothing there to hide them... and Dale was watching for them... and NO ONE NOTICED?!? Get real, any survivors would be on such high alert that not even 1 zombie would get that close without alerting them let alone 100.
    So the little girl gets lost because she doesn't listen... Who cares? Leave her, she isn't smart enough to survive anyways.

The show is simply entertaining to see how stupid they are going to be this week. I really do hope the show gets better, and they ditch the fluff, but until then it is simply a soap opera with a zombie apocalypse afterthought.
    I direct you to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_of...282004_film%29.

The show would suck if a character died every episode because well.....we'd run out of characters by the first season. You also can't have the characters mow through zombies regularly like grass, or else the show will lose all suspense and the zombies would appear as threatening as a pack of kittens.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-10-27 at 04:53 AM.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    I direct you to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_of...282004_film%29.

The show would suck if a character died every episode because well.....we'd run out of characters by the first season. You also can't have the characters mow through zombies regularly like grass, or else the show will lose all suspense and the zombies would appear as threatening as a pack of kittens.
    I agree with you 100%, however it is supposed to be about survival in a post zombie apocalypse world where the weak and stupid are NOT going to survive, so keeping them around to for no reason other than to fluff up the show's air time doesn't increase the value of their presence (other than $$$)

They need to add some "realistic" encounters with groups of walkers to push the survival aspect of the show. (Which I think they did well at the end of the 2nd episode w/ the aid station and school)

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    I agree with you 100%, however it is supposed to be about survival in a post zombie apocalypse world where the weak and stupid are NOT going to survive, so keeping them around to for no reason other than to fluff up the show's air time doesn't increase the value of their presence (other than $$$)

They need to add some "realistic" encounters with groups of walkers to push the survival aspect of the show. (Which I think they did well at the end of the 2nd episode w/ the aid station and school)
    True enough, the love triangle and children on the show are something I can definitely do without.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-10-27 at 05:31 AM.

Anyone have any theories on Merle?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/...read/190247302
    ^good thread, good read

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Anyone have any theories on Merle?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/...read/190247302
    ^good thread, good read
    He's too good of an actor to leave alone He'll probably be back somehow, maybe even alive. Would definitely bring some more drama and maybe even the first instance of a survivor killing a survivor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    O_O I apologize. Didn't realize the quoute made the text color more legible. Also fixed my text color. Not a big deal though, the way it seems now some characters that weren't around long in the comics are here to stay. I mean.. If The Walking Dead keeps bringing in money they have a long series ahead of them.
    You don't need to apologize. I wasn't ragging you I was thanking your for editing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow! Really great episode tonight. I think the editing really did a fantastic job at telling the story.

Spoilers:

Shane shooting Otis like that. What a cold move. I knew Shane was a sketchy character already, but this really shows how far hes willing to go and what a threat he is to the rest of the survivors. The next episode looks creepy. That fat weird zombie in the hole looks fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Wow! Really great episode tonight. I think the editing really did a fantastic job at telling the story.

Spoilers:

Shane shooting Otis like that. What a cold move. I knew Shane was a sketchy character already, but this really shows how far hes willing to go and what a threat he is to the rest of the survivors. The next episode looks creepy. That fat weird zombie in the hole looks fucked up.
    I was really surprised by that. Shane had never done anything that was actually really all that bad before, but he's definitely taken a large step in the "bad guy" direction. Had to happen at some point, but damn. I didn't see it coming at that time and place. Good episode!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's too good of an actor to leave alone He'll probably be back somehow, maybe even alive. Would definitely bring some more drama and maybe even the first instance of a survivor killing a survivor
    Well, in the graphic novel they eventually come across a town of survivors led by a crazy dude calling himself the governor. He eventually imprisons Rick and cuts his hands off. Maybe they might take Merle and have him turn into a version of him? Seems like something he'd do after having to cut off his own hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah tonight's episode was really good! Plot development! Woo hoo!

I was surprised more of HOW Shane killed Odis more than THAT he killed him. It really shows how evil a character he has become/has been. It would be one thing to shoot an unsuspecting Odis in the back of the head and leaving his body for the Zombies, but instead he shot him in the leg and left him to be ripped to pieces.

This season is looking up, even with the search for the girl still going on. My theory is either that she has been living in somebody's house in the woods this whole time, or she is dead. No way she has just been wandering the zombie-filled forest for like 5 days or however long its been.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    I was surprised more of HOW Shane killed Odis more than THAT he killed him. It really shows how evil a character he has become/has been. It would be one thing to shoot an unsuspecting Odis in the back of the head and leaving his body for the Zombies, but instead he shot him in the leg and left him to be ripped to pieces.
    I have a feeling that if he shot him completely dead the zombies wouldn't have gone after him allowing him to get away. It was a cold move, but pretty smart considering how hurt he was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I have a feeling that if he shot him completely dead the zombies wouldn't have gone after him allowing him to get away. It was a cold move, but pretty smart considering how hurt he was.
    Yet they were so close behind I doubt the Zombies would have stopped to check if he was dead or not. For all they know, he just fell down, and he would still smell like he was alive.

I found it odd that Shane actually asked Otis to leave him behind...and then turns it around and shoots him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuseke2 View Post
    I found it odd that Shane actually asked Otis to leave him behind...and then turns it around and shoots him.
    hmm, interesting, didnt pick that up... sounds like a mess up to me lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that Shane's number one goal was to get the supplies back to Carl, but he knew they wouldn't both be able to make it. When Odis refused Shane's offer of sacrificing himself, the only other option was to sacrifice Odis instead. So perhaps Shane isn't motivated by his own survival, but more of those he loves, and is willing to sacrifice anyone he deems expendable in order to obtain that goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    More power to Shane for actually acting like real people would in a zombie invasion, cut throat and just trying to get the job done. I like how his actions make me conflicted as to whether he's a baddie or not.

When it gets right down to it, I'd rather have someone who can make the tough decisions than an Andrea in my group.

I really like this season, my only two concerns are Daryl Dixon/Norma Reedus getting a little too nice ( hate to see his foxy self get eaten because he's being a nice guy now ) and Darabont leaving but so far, so good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    I think that Shane's number one goal was to get the supplies back to Carl, but he knew they wouldn't both be able to make it. When Odis refused Shane's offer of sacrificing himself, the only other option was to sacrifice Odis instead. So perhaps Shane isn't motivated by his own survival, but more of those he loves, and is willing to sacrifice anyone he deems expendable in order to obtain that goal.
    I agree, but Shane has already expressed a desire to leave the group. He's already thinking about himself primarily. With his hurt leg and Odis slowing him down further, he made the choice that seemed the best for him. I'm not sure how much Carl really factored in to the decision at that moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgetroll View Post
    Well, in the graphic novel they eventually come across a town of survivors led by a crazy dude calling himself the governor. He eventually imprisons Rick and cuts his hands off. Maybe they might take Merle and have him turn into a version of him? Seems like something he'd do after having to cut off his own hand.
    Only get's one of his hands cut off. Either way, my biggest problem with the tv version of The Walking Dead is how completely different it is from the comics. They aren't even trying to make it similar any more...

15+ Year Old Account
    Please try not to spoil the TV series with information from the graphic novels. Try to only reference it for things that have already happened in the series. If you wish, create a separate discussion for the graphic novel. Thanks!