15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Peltier's and Phase Change is just extremely inefficient when it comes to cost/performance. A good phase change system can run you $900+ easy and is loud lol. Peltiers draw insane amounts of power constantly and don't give a significant enough boost for the power draw. Not to mention you also have to be able to cool how ever many watts are being drawn.
    I'm still waiting for the temperatures . How much better is it compared to the normal liquid cooling? Technically you could put some anti-freeze in the loop and cool it down to the subzero temps. Will produce hell of lot heat outside the system and rise your electric bills to the abnormal levels but might be worth it (if you have the money) .

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    I'm still waiting for the temperatures . How much better is it compared to the normal liquid cooling? Technically you could put some anti-freeze in the loop and cool it down to the subzero temps. Will produce hell of lot heat outside the system and rise your electric bills to the abnormal levels but might be worth it (if you have the money) .
    But would antifreeze compare to liquid helium/nitrogen? I get the feeling it wouldn't. =S
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Peltier's and Phase Change is just extremely inefficient when it comes to cost/performance. A good phase change system can run you $900+ easy and is loud lol. Peltiers draw insane amounts of power constantly and don't give a significant enough boost for the power draw. Not to mention you also have to be able to cool how ever many watts are being drawn.
    Depends on the wattage of those pelltier's, these ones on the CoolIT are only like 25W each and have a control to lower that down to about 10W each. But you can get them upwards of 90W or 120W and they get quite hot/cold as a result.

Biggest issue with over-the-top cooling is that you can end up with condensation and if you're not properly prepared to handle it, you'll have an extremely bad day.

Again my loop keeps my 2600 quite low, at near or sub ambient temperature (<20C) even under moderate load. I can post some temps later on when I get time. Keeping in mind too I haven't as of yet tried to OC the 2600, I only just got it :P
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course not but can you run liquid helium/nitrogen in your every day setup for longer than a few minutes without running in to serious problems? :P That's more of like a short term solution for checking how far can you push the overclock whereas peltier's type of system can be used in more practical use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Of course not but can you run liquid helium/nitrogen in your every day setup for longer than a few minutes without running in to serious problems? :P That's more of like a short term solution for checking how far can you push the overclock whereas peltier's type of system can be used in more practical use.
    I wouldn't call using a pelltier practical, the only reason I even have them is because they came as a trio in a really nice self contained system. Otherwise using a retail variety of tec plate you're looking at a full watercooling loop, a lapped copper buffer plate between the TEC and CPU, likely insulated against condensation, a secondary PSU etc.

A "chop shop" setup for pelltiers is way out in left field and very expensive.

MSRP on my Eliminator was $349 at the time. Cost more than my case...well only by a bit D:
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Said *more* practical .

And I need to seriously start considering finding some pictures of my setup already. I can almost feel the burning gaze of Tetrisgoat on my back, thinking of banning me because I don't provide anything concrete to the topic :<.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Depends on the wattage of those pelltier's, these ones on the CoolIT are only like 25W each and have a control to lower that down to about 10W each. But you can get them upwards of 90W or 120W and they get quite hot/cold as a result.

Biggest issue with over-the-top cooling is that you can end up with condensation and if you're not properly prepared to handle it, you'll have an extremely bad day.

Again my loop keeps my 2600 quite low, at near or sub ambient temperature (<20C) even under moderate load. I can post some temps later on when I get time. Keeping in mind too I haven't as of yet tried to OC the 2600, I only just got it :P
    Yeah and 25w isn't even worth while lol. I've seen upwards of 300-400w before but they still aren't worth it Lol
    Last edited by Saithes; 2011-10-27 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Delt wanted moar pics -_-

Headphone holder, because I can't goddamn find a proper one anywhere so this will do:

Oh and also ZE REAL GOODS HAF ARRIVED!!

WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    your headphone holder is awesome, i just lay mine on my desk

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't appreciate the Essence STX and Sennheiser 558s as REAL goods.... I'll gladly take 'em off your hands!
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Well, Delt wanted moar pics -_-

Headphone holder, because I can't goddamn find a proper one anywhere so this will do:

Oh and also ZE REAL GOODS HAF ARRIVED!!

OMG.. I need to get one of those! Is that just a thread that you used with the bottle?

Edit: Just noticed "You're not stealing my fucking code!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Manufacturer:
    System manufacturer
    Processor:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory:
    8192MB RAM
    Hard Drive:
    1 TB
    Video Card:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    Monitor:
    LG Flatron Wide
    Sound Card:
    Speakers (USB AUDIO )
    Speakers/Headphones:
    Plantronics DSP550 Headset
    Keyboard:
    Logitech G11
    Mouse:
    Razer Deathadder
    Mouse Surface:
    Steelpad QcK Heavy
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
    Motherboard:
    Asus P8P67-M
    Computer Case:
    Coolermaster CM690

http://imgur.com/RfUxo
    10 quid speakers like a boss.

Deleted
    10 quid speakers are pro.

Btw, is it possible to use that little black thing you get with the Motherboard as a speaker?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    OMG.. I need to get one of those! Is that just a thread that you used with the bottle?

Edit: Just noticed "You're not stealing my fucking code!"
    Just some strong thread so that bottle isn't going anywhere :P
    Hangs right under the desk to minimize dust...those velvet/foam earpads are mega dust-magnets.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    10 quid speakers are pro.

Btw, is it possible to use that little black thing you get with the Motherboard as a speaker?
    Sure if you wanted the sound-frequency range of an AM radio from 30 years ago, and you found a way to twist the cables into a grounded speaker/headphone jack.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-10-28 at 07:13 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you even want to use the motherboard speaker....? All it's good for is beeping. x_x

And what are "10 quid" speakers? Like they cost 10 quid?
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Sure if you wanted the sound-frequency range of an AM radio from 30 years ago, and you found a way to twist the cables into a grounded speaker/headphone jack.
    I had some software on my old 486 laptop that allowed you to play wave files through the pc speaker, worked very well, sounded like crap

My first build.

Coolermaster CM690 II advanced (nvidia)
    Intel i5 2500 k
    Asus Sabertooth P67 B3
    Asus 560 Ti
    G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB (4x2GB) 1333Mhz
    Corsair HX750 w
    2 x WD black 1 TB
    Zalman CNPS 9900 NT Cpu cooler

EDIT : Got new RAM this morning Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4 GB) + A second GTX 560 ti
    Last edited by Binary; 2011-10-29 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Why would you even want to use the motherboard speaker....? All it's good for is beeping. x_x

And what are "10 quid" speakers? Like they cost 10 quid?
    I imagine it's a Swedish thing, yeah. (quid)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I imagine it's a Swedish thing, yeah. (quid)
    No. It's a British thing, 1 quid = 1 pound.

May also be used in surrounding countries (ireland, euro) but in sweden saying quid makes no sense ;o

Edit. Adding a picture of my old mutilated Acer for making this post look less off-topic.

It's a C2Q 8400 OC'd at 3.2GHz in there. Or.. there was. Also I switched the way of the CPU fan.
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-10-29 at 12:09 AM.

Deleted
    spent a good half of the day cleaning up cables around the computer will post them later, but for now goodnight!