10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I like the idea of super heroes more than reading about them.
    I generally don't like the idea at all. Just spells tacky to me.

That's reason I can't help but grin every time I see footage of DCUO and CoHaV, and the reason the only comic-book oriented movie I enjoyed was Watchmen. =)
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question, is the stealth for jedi shadow/sith assassin limited or unlimited until broken by combat?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Quick question, is the stealth for jedi shadow/sith assassin limited or unlimited until broken by combat?
    dunno if that can be answered without breaking NDA. I'll check the official forums to see if the spell/ability is listed for ya though.

it says this on one of the jedi Shadow abilities
    "While in stealth mode, and for 6 seconds after leaving stealth mode"
    http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/advanced-classes

So from this I would say it seems an activated ability and one that you may be able to control but not 100% sure on that.
    Last edited by Thornstar; 2011-10-31 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    dunno if that can be answered without breaking NDA. I'll check the official forums to see if the spell/ability is listed for ya though.

it says this on one of the jedi Shadow abilities
    "While in stealth mode, and for 6 seconds after leaving stealth mode"
    http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/advanced-classes
    So from this I would say it seems an activated ability and one that you may be able to control but not 100% sure on that.
    Thanks, just wish I could get into the damn beta myself! Can't decide between inquisitor/consular melee spec or knight/warrior dual wield spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, just wish I could get into the damn beta myself! Can't decide between inquisitor/consular melee spec or knight/warrior dual wield spec.
    From what I understand, Inquisitor/Consular melee spec is somewhere between an enhancement shaman and a rogue if one were to use WoW analogies.

They charge their weapons with force powers, like lightning etc, have bonus attacks from stealth, some instant casts that are shared with Sorcerers (like Shock spells that are shared between Enhancement and Elemental shamans), some interesting CC.

Knight/warrior is your standard melee dps spec. Fast melee strikes with two weapons, one burst spec, one sustained damage spec. The resource is a 10 (I think...) charge system, charges are built by a couple of attacks and spent by others.

The dual wield ACs have less CC than the 1-saber AC, and are more damage oriented.

They share some stuff, like the force leap, though.

This is all obvious from the official video footage and tidbits of info available through official responses. I know some other minor details that are under NDA, but they don't change the bigger picture.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess the one handed lightsaber dps spec is TOR's answer to a 2handed melee spec in some regards.

---------- Post added 2011-10-31 at 02:00 AM ----------

But yeah, I think I'll probably roll the shadow/assassin, depending the faction I choose, now just have to decide on which faction... indecisiveness ftl.

---------- Post added 2011-10-31 at 02:01 AM ----------

Btw is there any info as to what kind of resource an assassin/shadow will use? Something like rogue's energy perhaps?

10+ Year Old Account
    aye Rog, Assassin/Shadows will use 'Focus' which is capped at 100, and regens at a steady pace, if I'm not mistaken, you get an ability just for SPECCING melee, that increases the regen to around what we see from Rogues now, and I'm guessin there will probably be more from talents that can't be discussed.

*plans to roll an Assassin Tank*
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested to see how an assassin/shadow tank will play out. Will they rely on talents that increase their armor bonus from leather or w/e, or will they be an evasion tank kind of like Rift's riftstalker? ONLY TIME SHALL TELL I SUPPOSE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested to see how an assassin/shadow tank will play out. Will they rely on talents that increase their armor bonus from leather or w/e, or will they be an evasion tank kind of like Rift's riftstalker? ONLY TIME SHALL TELL I SUPPOSE!
    Wasn't there confirmation from a dev a while back saying they get an armour bonus and they aren't true evasion tanks?
    Last edited by morderith; 2011-10-31 at 03:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morderith View Post
    Wasn't there confirmation from a dev a while back saying they get an armour bonus and they aren't true evasion tanks?
    Wouldn't know.... I guess time has already told!

I remember something like that. I think the way he was answering the question was to say that all tank classes were equal and one type, or the other, wouldn't be categorized as off-tanks only.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    correct. They will be actual tanks. One dev said they were going to be evasion tanks by mistake during a panel and the forums was in an uproar over it. xD

So yes they will be real tanks. :P

Just letting you all know that I am being my SWTOR character for Halloween. Just about to head out to the party/bars (hooray for Melbourne Cup day off!) will post pics when I can get my hand on them! Cheers guys

Deleted
    Yay, new week, new chance at Beta invites!!!

Bioware, 'Help me help you'

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Yay, new week, new chance at Beta invites!!!

Bioware, 'Help me help you'
    Well then let's hope that they deploy the new build this week!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested to see how an Assassin/shadow tank will play out. Will they rely on talents that increase their armor bonus from leather or w/e, or will they be an evasion tank kind of like Rift's riftstalker? ONLY TIME SHALL TELL I SUPPOSE!
    I'm pretty sure this isn't breaking the NDA, because all the info is taking from a combination of posts on the official forums and clips from officially released videos so....

Basically Assassin's have an ability 'Dark Charge' this increases armor by 150%, threat gen by 50% and gives a 50% chance on hit to deal a small amount of damage and healing(again taking the EV demo as a benchmark, it was dealing around 30 damage, and 60 healing, critting for 90), basically taking Sith Warriors as the base, Assassin's will have sslliigghhttllyy higher Avoidance(don't forget the spell they showed us rriigghhtt back when they announced Assassin's could tank, which increased Block chance by 15%) and slightly less armor (~5% more/less for each), then they will have a little self healing to make up for any potential small spikes they MIGHT take (Overcharged Saber is another move they've show us, which increases the healing of Dark Charge by 300%! sadly it's only for 10sec every 2 mins )

overall they sound by far the most fun tanks to play , which is why I plan to make one my main

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    overall they sound by far the most fun tanks to play , which is why I plan to make one my main
    Pshaw, sissy in a skirt.

Oh wait, t8 and t10 were my favorite tiers and I tanked in them.

Nevermind, SW still rules, I just need come up with another offensive argument why SI tanks are sissies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    Just letting you all know that I am being my SWTOR character for Halloween. Just about to head out to the party/bars (hooray for Melbourne Cup day off!) will post pics when I can get my hand on them! Cheers guys
    I don't know how many of you are from the Midwest and remember that crazy snowstorm 20 years ago today, but it was my first or second Halloween. 28 inches of snow I trudged through to get my candy. I went as Han Solo that year and pretended I was on Hoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Pshaw, sissy in a skirt.

Oh wait, t8 and t10 were my favorite tiers and I tanked in them.

Nevermind, SW still rules, I just need come up with another offensive argument why SI tanks are sissies.
    haha come up with any arguement you want as to why SI's are sissies, I'll still be there, tankin your raids like a badass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    haha come up with any arguement you want as to why SI's are sissies, I'll still be there, tankin your raids like a badass
    Not if I force-choke you, lock you in a locker, and go tank them myself.

SW tanks all the way baby!

---------- Post added 2011-10-31 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aundas View Post
    I don't know how many of you are from the Midwest and remember that crazy snowstorm 20 years ago today
    Even if I were from the Midwest US, I'd have a hard time remembering anything seeing as I was around 8 months old :P