Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see what you're saying, but from what they made it sound like it's not really strong enough to be a viable tactic. Plus, if you're going to attack from range I think dual pistols would be a much better option, or probably even short-bow. I don't think it's a completely useless skill because I'm assuming you do some damage with the cripple, but from what I've heard from people that have played the game it doesn't sound like it's all that practical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalazanFan View Post
    I see what you're saying, but from what they made it sound like it's not really strong enough to be a viable tactic. Plus, if you're going to attack from range I think dual pistols would be a much better option, or probably even short-bow. I don't think it's a completely useless skill because I'm assuming you do some damage with the cripple, but from what I've heard from people that have played the game it doesn't sound like it's all that practical.
    Very possible, I haven't actually played the game, I was just more theory crafting how you could use it
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I've had the warrior feature bookmarked since yesterday and still haven't read it. About time I got on that.

I was going to play Warrior and probably still am, but after reading these so far I'll probably be playing Thief or Guardian first.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Actually thought it'd be pretty practical for pvp because it lets you get in to do damage, then get away before they can really do anything, and possibly do it multiple times for a sort of hit and run tactic
    Would work better if you could controll the delay on leaping back out. if you could say leap in, blow your load of initiative into the target, and leap back out and sidestep around a corner it could be viable. However a skill for a melee that lets you close to attack range for 1 swing then puts you back out of range to continue your assualt does not sound like a good idea. 1 strike wont make a significant impact on a target that is not already extreamly weakend and the retreat just puts you at a dissadvantage vs ranged or if the person wants to run its now that much harder to catch back up.

The best bet would make it a chain. First activation leaps to target and attacks, Second activation leaps you back, if not used in 5-10 seconds it resets back to the initial state. This would alow a true hit and run type effect while the current skill your better off pulling out a ranged weapon and takeing pot shots.

Who is John Galt?

That's a sweet site for PVP info.

Thanks so much for that. It intrigued me so much more about professions I wasn't too interested in before. Im geeked completely out all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting. Thanks for posting

Deleted
    A very nice read, thanks for linking! This gave me some info on the classes I've yet to look at proper, like the guardian and engineer. Also now I've decided that I'm gonna make a necromancer on release

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComboMoose View Post
    A very nice read, thanks for linking! This gave me some info on the classes I've yet to look at proper, like the guardian and engineer. Also now I've decided that I'm gonna make a necromancer on release
    Know what you mean. This post made me want to play a Necromancer really badly!

Thanks for reminding me QQ is still around!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalla View Post
    Know what you mean. This post made me want to play a Necromancer really badly!
    I personally don't get it. Necro was originally going to be my first pick and they can outlast most people in 1v1 pvp, but they do decent damage but are too dependent on their death shroud and lich form. If they can't do either or even both then they're basically boned. No other profession is cool down dependent.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IplayHorde View Post
    I personally don't get it. Necro was originally going to be my first pick and they can outlast most people in 1v1 pvp, but they do decent damage but are too dependent on their death shroud and lich form. If they can't do either or even both then they're basically boned. No other profession is cool down dependent.
    Somewhat true. Death Shround and Lich Form are just another form of protection really..read it and it tells you, they can usually hold their own against foes, and can leech health back to them. I don't think they will be too squishy, no profession really is in this game, but I can understand that they are indeed dependent on cooldowns.

Deleted

Hmmm.. reading the ranger article is making me reconsider my first pick. Thinking I'm liking the look of my backup plan, which was a warrior, a little more.
    Well, unless they change the way pets work before release, which they DID say they plan to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Hmmm.. reading the ranger article is making me reconsider my first pick. Thinking I'm liking the look of my backup plan, which was a warrior, a little more.
    Well, unless they change the way pets work before release, which they DID say they plan to do.
    You also can't take one persons view as the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    You also can't take one persons view as the law.
    But it's three people's views...

They need to add a bit more survial skills for Rangers in Guild Wars 2, I'm going to miss being able to soak a little bit of damage...
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2011-10-31 at 05:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    But it's three people's views...
    You know what I mean though, don't be picky!

Alot of people say that Ranger is terrible at the moment, when infact they're not. Yes, they have some issues but not enough to warrent what people say about them.

In this video Isaiah plays a Ranger and show what one is capable of when a decent player is behind it, his pet is only the bad part since it dies too quickly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCZksTFZbGU

I found this extremely handy... Nice summation of the classes, even from a non PvP point of view (for myself that is)... I'm going to enjoy some PvP, but I imagine most of my time will be spent questing.

-Alamar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    You know what I mean though, don't be picky!

Alot of people say that Ranger is terrible at the moment, when infact they're not. Yes, they have some issues but not enough to warrent what people say about them.

In this video Isaiah plays a Ranger and show what one is capable of when a decent player is behind it, his pet is only the bad part since it dies too quickly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCZksTFZbGU
    I'd never say rangers were bad! Just that there was some serious problems with my keyboard.

But if it's true about them lacking resilience comparatively then I might be a tad bit disappointed. Although, survivability, avoidance and mitigation was made wayyy too easy imo in the first game.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter