Thread: Favorite beer?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ayinger Oktober Fest-Marzen beats absolutely everything. For regular run-of-the-mill beer though, plain ol' shipyard export usually does it for me.

This one is my favorite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynona View Post
    Saw this on another forum and thought that it's an awesome idea for a thread! So post your favorite beer!

Mine is Newcastle Brown Ale
    You said it brah. Well done

Deleted
    Gampertbräu, Kaiserhöfer, Schlenkerla Rauchbier, Spezial Rauchbier, Holsten

Genesee Cream Ale

Smithwick's is probly my first choice when i have the money for it
    Summer shandy is my faviorte seasonal beer... still get a tear in my eye now that summer is over and i cant find it anywhere
    Miller Highlife is my faviorte "cheap beer" it has a good taste for only $5 for a six pack

Deleted
    I've always been a guinness man but also really enjoy a beer called honeydew. It has a beautiful flavour.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the first dane to mention CARLSBERG?!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    I respect Czech beer and their origins(one of my local favorite watering holes is NYC's oldest beer garden, which is owned by Czechs).. but when it comes to variety & quality, it doesn't even come close to Belgium.. in fact, no other country does..
    Been to Belgium, tasted their beer (many different ones), I wouldn't say it's better than Czech beer. It's definitely different (generally lighter), but I wouldn't say there's more variety in Belgium tho, there are many small breweries that aren't known and don't export. Some even supply their beer only to one pub...

Anyway, my favorite is Svijany 13° unfiletered

Hard.. or actually impossible to pick any one favorite, it depends all too much on the situation. Sometimes it can be some weiss or wit, such as Weihenstephaner or Hoegaarden, sometimes it can be some ale such as Fuller's ESB, or a stout.. or...

Of course there are a ton of non-bottled beers I love at Trinity Brewhouse and Boston Beerworks. But you have to actually travel to those places to drink it.

Trinity puts out a winter red called Wolfbreath every few years. It's 14-16% by volume but you can't taste it at all, so it's one 20oz and I am done. But wow what a great beer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sapporo Reserve whenever I can, Yuengling when I'm lazy and don't feel like making my way to the market for Sapporo Reserve.

Deleted
    Nothing beats an ice old Tuborg. Mmmh

I have had a lot of Belgian beers, and they are generally good, in fact my favorite beer is a Belgian. However I do think they are also the most generally overrated beers.

I think a lot of the beer snobbery in this thread needs to take a hike. There is no rule saying that beer has to be brewed with hops and barley to be a beer. A very hoppy beer is no more "beery" than a non hoppy beer. If someone likes a rice based beer, good on him. It doesn't make his beer any less of a beer than a barley based beer.

For me personally, I think the strength of a brewer lies in how well they can mask the alcohol without making the beer too sweet/bitter or otherwise overbearing. This is not something easily done, while maintaining the integrity of the beer.

---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmak View Post

Trinity puts out a winter red called Wolfbreath every few years. It's 14-16% by volume but you can't taste it at all, so it's one 20oz and I am done. But wow what a great beer.
    Have never tried, really want to now. The name alone makes it worth drinking, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been making home brew for about 2 years now so i tend to never buy store bought beer but when i did i was buying alot of Hopp Cesar. Good

10+ Year Old Account
    Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale
    Yuengling Traditional Lager
    Stone Escondidian Black IPA
    Allagash Black
    Flying Dog Raging Bitch Belgian IPA

Surly Darkness

If we're talking beer..(which to me means ales, bitters and stouts) and to be enjoyed anytime..
    Morland - Old Speckled Hen
    Theakstons - Old Peculiar, Masham Ale
    Guinness Original
    Tim Taylor - Landlord

If we're talking lager (which i always have with a curry)
    Pilsner Urquell
    Stella Artois
    Cobra
    Kingfisher

As of right now: