Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Indecent Halloween Costumes

So last night we're walking down the streets of Waikiki in costume enjoying all the attention and thralls of people out and about for the holiday. It was about 10:30pm or 11pm at the time. A young in-shape guy in the group ahead of us had a costume that consisted of nothing but aluminum foil wrapped around his junk. I thought it was funny and about 20 minutes later I see my roommate (30 year old single obese man) on the phone. He called the cops on the guy to report him for indecent exposure to children. I thought this was beyond asinine and we had it out. To add, in Hawaii if you get an indecent exposure charge you always have mandatory sex offender registration. I'm sure 911 laughed at him to expect to have the cops be able to get to a guy in a crowd of 10k people or more. But I'd like to hear the OT's thoughts on this. Is he being a prude or am I not being socially conscious enough? And what would you have done?

15+ Year Old Account
    He's dumb. I wouldn't have done anything just like I never report anybody because who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    last time i checked and correct me if I'm wrong. indecent exposure requires you actually show your junk to the victim/s in order for it to be considered that, now can he be arrested for just flat out indecent exposure? I wouldn't be surprised if they did, so unless the guy was out there waging the thing at passing kids then yeah he could get nailed for that, then again if their parents were around they would have done something.

Deleted
    It appears that your roommate is jealous that the guy was in shape and having fun while he himself is fat and single.
    He's also just a general Buzz Killington.

If the police see someone with no pants and no shirt but his junk is covered I think they would still have a serious talk.

I assume you could still see the shape of his junk hanging there >.<?

What was his costume supposed to be exactly? Metal Crotch, the long lost James Bond Villain?

Prudes gonna prude.

Lets look at this situation objectively. It's not Halloween and you are out for a walk with your young niece or daughter and somebody with no clothes on other than tin foil wrapped around their junk comes into your proximity... What do you do?

I would personally take said child to the accompaniment of another legal guardian, return to said location, ream out said individual, possibly cause them physical pain or discomfort and then proceed to call the police, and regard anybody who wouldn't do the same as a pedo lover.

Original post smells of trolling.

Why would they go completely out of their way to explain that their friend is obese, single, and in their 30s?

To create a breadcrumb of sensational reaction posts, of course!

And aside from that, posting it here for "reinforcement" of their decision?

User infracted for this post
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2011-11-01 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Lets look at this situation objectively. It's not Halloween and you are out for a walk with your young niece or daughter and somebody with no clothes on other than tin foil wrapped around their junk comes into your proximity... What do you do?

I would personally take said child to the accompaniment of another legal guardian, return to said location, ream out said individual, possibly cause them physical pain or discomfort and then proceed to call the police, and regard anybody who wouldn't do the same as a pedo lover.
    I think it's even worse on Halloween, because you have more kids out and about during the night.

I thought about that for a second and then was like "Its 11pm, its like the television. More adult themes are allowable in the later hours of the evening when your kids should be in bed."

I'm a woman and I would have laughed honestly. And as for kids, my daughter probably would have said "Ew" or something along those lines and turned away. If the guy was completely naked, with dick hangin out then I could see it being an issue but this sounds like the guy was just trying to be funny.

---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 12:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    I thought about that for a second and then was like "Its 11pm, its like the television. More adult themes are allowable in the later hours of the evening when your kids should be in bed."
    This is another valid point. Why were there kids out there at 11pm?

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    I think it's even worse on Halloween, because you have more kids out and about during the night.
    Exactly. I would love to see this guys conversation with his cell mate.
    "What are you in for?"
    "I was showing my junk in public on a night when small children could very well be about and see it, but it was wrapped in foil..."
    *Begin curb stomping and prison rape*

EDIT:
    Judging by the pedo lover responses here, I can only hope if any of you have children they end up getting taken from you. :3 khtkx /participation.

<Infracted> Please be respectful of our users.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-11-01 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    in Hawaii
    I don't know, when I grew up there this wouldn't have been that big of a deal I don't think.

It does, however, still seem illegal, to be honest.

Except it WAS halloween...at a major tourist spot...at 11 at night...with a ton of people around (I assume a big party). You aren't being objective you sound like you have major anger management issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    just because its Halloween.. doesnt mean you have a right to prance around basically nekkid with some tin foil. is said guy a pedo-lover.. obviously not. more of an idiot for thinking it was ok to dress that way. i commend your friend for calling the cops.. doesnt matter what age people are around, thats simply indecent exposure. if you wanna run around with adults.. then prepare to own up to your mistakes with adult like consequences. lesson learned. now if thats being a buzz killer tuff shit. find a private party where thats concidered acceptable "attire" for the party.

10+ Year Old Account
    he sounds like an ass, hate people like that.

I've seen people this year dressed as bloody tampons, a birthing uterus, and many costumes with dildos attached in various ways. In comparison a guy with aluminum foil covering his junk is rather bland.

It was 10:30 at night, like you said. I think your roommate was a little silly for doing that.

Had it been like 8 or something when all the little kids were out, yeah, I'd probably tell the guy to not swing his junk around kids.

Regardless, I wouldn't call the cops. I'd hope they had better things to do, more dangerous people to catch.

Indecent exposure? I dunno what halloween is like out there, but around here, you could pretty much arrest ALL of the ladies if they enforced that law.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8