Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I have played a druid for 6 years.. nothing else, I have 4 alt druids. All are feral, I love playing feral, unfortunately there is no druid class in gw2, so I will play a hunter, it looks fun, but I am also tempted with the theif, warrior and guardian, all are very interesting and look fun.

Quote Originally Posted by luregas View Post
    Hate typing on a mobile device, so I'll keep this short.

Past choices: Druid in WoW (cat form FTW), Hunter in LotRO.

Class of Choice For First Pick in Party-based RPG: Paladin.

Influences for Favorite Classes: Hero class (Dragon Quest series), Summoner class (Final Fantasy series), aesthetic feel (love paladin holy feel with plate armor, and also love nature feel with druid and ranger).

Miscellaneous Factors: I like swords, anything that's not short and whimpy feeling like a dagger. Also have a hidden love for staves, as evidenced by favorite past characters (Donatello from TMNT, Kilik from Soul Calibur 2).

Likely GW2 Choices (in order): Guardian, Ranger, etc (Elementalist or Thief likely 3rd).

NOT Choosing: Necromancer, Engineer (not a fan of the whole undeath thing, and not a fan of steampunk style technology in a combat setting).
    Now look at your post, and back to my signature, now look at your post and back to my signature..? See what we did there?

I mained a Rogue and Death Knight in WoW, and I plan on rolling half of the classes in GW2. I'm disinterested in the Guardian, Warrior, Ranger and Elementalist. Pros of the other classes in my mind are:

Necromancer: Army of the dead that doesn't fade away after a few seconds like the DK skill? Yes, please.
    Thief: The steal mechanic is the most interesting one in the game to me, hands down. Add that to guns akimbo, stealth, and crazy skills like Shadow Shot and you've won me over.
    Engineer: The reactive aspect of the random buffs and debuffs from Elixir skills is exactly what I want. The steampunk-ish turrets are a plus.
    Mesmer: I've never played an Illusionist class archetype in any game before. This will be completely new to me, and going by the Mesmer skills featured in GW1 this class is for me.

Mmm my taste in classes is usually never the same. I like melee types in some games, ranged in others. I guess i'll go with a thief in GW2 or a guardian, both seem intersesting. :d

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Now look at your post, and back to my signature, now look at your post and back to my signature..? See what we did there?
    I Don't Get It :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I Don't Get It :P
    Ofcourse you don't, it wasn't your post! *Evil laugh*

10+ Year Old Account
    GW1 - Monk, warrior and mesmer
    WoW - holy Paladin and warrior
    Aion - Spiritmaster
    Rift - Mage and Cleric
    SWTOR - Jedi - shadow
    GW2 - Guardian, Engineer and mesmer
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leaning towards the Necromancer right now...but I really have to see how the Mesmer plays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaidu View Post
    I have played a druid for 6 years.. nothing else, I have 4 alt druids. All are feral, I love playing feral, unfortunately there is no druid class in gw2, so I will play a hunter, it looks fun, but I am also tempted with the theif, warrior and guardian, all are very interesting and look fun.
    props man, props. best thing i have read in a while, nuff respect
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, going back in history of my MMOing...
    UO, I only played Melee, never played it long enough to start with anything else. Damn that game was a huge grind. *here you are, now mine until you've got 100 str!*
    Ragnarok Online, I mained a priest but pretty much had half the classes aviable high level and could play them better than avarage.
    WoW: I've mained Rogue, Prot Warrior, Prot/Heal-adin, Warlock and Hunter.
    In Pen-Paper RPGs I've basicly played everything, since there the character I play matter more than the class.
    I forgot that I played HErald of Xotli in AoC for a very short while.

So, is going Elementalis/Necromancer or Ranger really going out of my "box"?
    I'll most likely have one of each class anyway.

Edit: More info
    Last edited by Muzjhath; 2011-11-02 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was always more of a support player in games I play(usually a healer), and I really love the "Holy Knight" arch-type, so I am going to go with the Guardian first. The ability to protect my allies during a fight is a big draw for me, and they seem to be THE support class. I can give my buff to others, I can switch between defensive to offensive on the fly, and in PvP I can turn the tide of battle with a "safe zone" bubble.

While I also plan on playing a Necromancer, as I really liked the one I had in GW1, my Guardian will be the first character I play as and will be my main. Unless the last class is something that completely blows the Guardian out of the water, which I doubt, there is nothing I see that will change my mind.