Deleted

Help me choose a PSU and a case

So I got a very nice build a few months ago, resting comfortably in my old ugly beige case. Ok, long story short, I need a new one a new PSU too, the last one isn't so good.

What I'm looking for is something that would last. Budget 150-200 eur. Can go over if it's something really good but prefer not to.

Psu

700-800W.
    Doesn't need to be modular.
    Not going to pay extra cent for efficiency, bronze is fine.
    Needs to be stable, last a long time and have overall good quality.

Case

Appearance doesn't matter.
    Needs to have good airflow
    Dust is the biggest problem so far so dust filters or something would be great.

All suggestions appreciated
    Last edited by mmocdd0c32dcfc; 2011-11-02 at 07:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Corsair TX750 fits in there perfect
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Corsair TX750 fits in there perfect
    Yea, that or TX850 too actually. It's a good quality one, I suppose and doesn't cause any nasty surprises like fry the MB or unstable power output or some such?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Yea, that or TX850 too actually. It's a good quality one, I suppose and doesn't cause any nasty surprises like fry the MB or unstable power output or some such?
    NZXT Hades if you're on a mid range budget, I just got mine in the mail. 2x200mm fans, 1x140mm, 1x120mm and a fan controller. Great cable management, nice looks, fairly cheap and plenty of room for anything you could want.

For a higher end case there's the Cooler Master HAF range or the NZXT Phantom.

CM690 II Advanced is always a good choice, comes with air filters/fans and is reasonably priced.
    Can't go wrong with a SeaSonic X750 (or if you're cheap Seasonic SS-850HT), people that build Corsair PSUs but sell them with less bells and whistles for cheaper.
    Last edited by Coldchaos; 2011-11-03 at 12:57 AM.

Deleted
    For case, if budget allows it, I would go with the Corsair Carbide Series 500R || Corsair 500R Review

Deleted
    I would have to say Corsair Graphite 600T (black or white)

Deleted
    Get a modular. I regret that I didn't. Saves up so much space for airflow and makes case looks better.

Also get Corsair PSU, they have long warrenty which you wont need since they are durable as fuck !

I got Corsair Obsidian fullsize tower, its awesome and a good quality feel to it. Deffinatly the best case I have ever owned.

Im not gonna recommend anyting because cases is something that has high pricerange so depends if you want quality.
    I will however recommend that you go to youtube and search for the reviews and unpacking so you can see exactly what you get and how it works.

Also make sure that the case supports long graphics card if you have one of those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Get a modular. I regret that I didn't. Saves up so much space for airflow and makes case looks better.

Also get Corsair PSU, they have long warrenty which you wont need since they are durable as fuck !

I got Corsair Obsidian fullsize tower, its awesome and a good quality feel to it. Deffinatly the best case I have ever owned.

Im not gonna recommend anyting because cases is something that has high pricerange so depends if you want quality.
    I will however recommend that you go to youtube and search for the reviews and unpacking so you can see exactly what you get and how it works.

Also make sure that the case supports long graphics card if you have one of those.
    Well, like I said, looks don't matter to me but I do want quality(as in lasts a long time and doesn't do anything unwanted - collect dust, start making funky noises or overall just fry the whole system). Since I practically live in a country so dust is a major issue, also heat can be in some cases. So I'm looking for something cheap (as case nor PSU doesn't increase performance) durable and practical.

But overall, I really like the Corsair TX750-TX850 PSUs. Unfortunately the Corsair Carbide 500R isn't available in my country, unless I order it from Newegg.com or some other place (I prefer to go there and just buy it, instead of ordering online:P). So is CoolerMaster HAF 912 or HAF 922 any good?

Deleted
    Case Catalog (still a WIP though): http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4-Case-Catalog

I'd suggest a HAF 932 over the 922, but they are both great cases. If you prefer a sleek design the Define R3 or the NZXT H2 are worth considering. If you want a high performance air-cooling case I'd advise you to check out the Silverstone Raven series.

Deleted
    Well, like I said, looks don't matter to me but I do want quality(as in lasts a long time and doesn't do anything unwanted - collect dust, start making funky noises or overall just fry the whole system). Since I practically live in a country so dust is a major issue, also heat can be in some cases. So I'm looking for something cheap (as case nor PSU doesn't increase performance) durable and practical.

But overall, I really like the Corsair TX750-TX850 PSUs. Unfortunately the Corsair Carbide 500R isn't available in my country, unless I order it from Newegg.com or some other place (I prefer to go there and just buy it, instead of ordering online:P). So is CoolerMaster HAF 912 or HAF 922 any good?
    CoolerMaster HAF 912 and 922 are great cases, but the big fan on the side doesn't have filters, and you mention dust.
    I have a friend with HAF 922 and his case is kinda dusty. But nothing serious if you clean it once a month.

Deleted

Hades is closer to the 912 in price and comes with a lot more features.

Deleted
    Cooler master HAF X/932 were my second choice after the corsair 600t but i guess the 922 ain't much difference, IMO go look at Newegg or LinusTechTips on youtube, they got alot of case unboxing between them and really helped me deciding what to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    But overall, I really like the Corsair TX850 PSUs.
    Just bought this off of newegg at an additional 15% off today. Came out to $114. Pretty optimistic about this purchase. I'm not too worried about modular because I've decided to go with the NXZT Phantom for my case. Out of the cases I looked at (this one, Hades, HAF 922, and a couple others on bit-tech), the Phantom looked like the best all around. Good looks, plenty of space, cable management, and good cooling even without utilizing all the available fan spots. It is a bit pricey, but I'm hoping it'll go on sale sometime in November. Plus, I'd rather pay a bit of a premium on a case that could last me a while.

I've seen a few search results mention a Phantom 'Big-Tower' case that has a few upgrades, including USB 3.0 ports. The only place I've actually found them for sale was on some german website. I think it was caseking.de. They're more expensive, but one of those should last quite a while.

I'd say to pick up the Corsair 500r and TX or HX 750.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'd say to pick up the Corsair 500r and TX or HX 750.
    My choice as well but:

Unfortunately the Corsair Carbide 500R isn't available in my country, unless I order it from Newegg.com or some other place (I prefer to go there and just buy it, instead of ordering online:P).
    HAF932 will do fine however.

Oh.~ My bad. Then I'd recommend the Tempest Evo for example.