Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Spawn on your squad? Complete lack of running miles.
    No it's still miles of running around. I went sniper and sat back marking/picking off the odd guy, but honestly it's so fucking DULL. Only maps I have enjoyed are the smaller ones, or the Rush games where only a section of the map at a time is exposed. Conquest is a complete clusterfuck where I spend about 5% of my time feeling useful and 95% of the time feeling fucked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    No it's still miles of running around. I went sniper and sat back marking/picking off the odd guy, but honestly it's so fucking DULL. Only maps I have enjoyed are the smaller ones, or the Rush games where only a section of the map at a time is exposed. Conquest is a complete clusterfuck where I spend about 5% of my time feeling useful and 95% of the time feeling fucked off.
    Well I'm gonna be honest with you. I felt that way at first and if you're going to play recon you might get that overall feeling every match unless you play aggressive. Try a different class and play with your squad. Pick a squad that is 3/4 people and watch their locations (pinging circle on the map) when you spawn. Spawn to an important place in contest and fight for your squad. Pick a class they are lacking (usually assault) and adapt to the content at hand which is ever changing. I hardly run far at all anymore all because I spawn smartly. Sometimes that means waiting a few seconds before spawning and having contest awareness.

Feeling useless and like the game is dull could be entirely your fault simply due to lack of map understanding (not saying this like a jerk), or squad make up/skill. I felt utterly lost when I first started but you'll find a niche class and bolster your squad and it will feel less dull and a bit more interactive. Recon can be boring and low scoring, so unless you know the maps and plan on back dooring to spot and mobile spawn, I would try something else.

"GUYS, when I stand behind my team who's progressing forward no one comes up to where I can shoot them! This game is so dumb."

How about you rush into them? If you like sniping, get a battle rifle (SKS etc.) and keep pushing forward with the team.

15+ Year Old Account
    biggest tip i can give for people is try and forget about getting a good kill/death ratio, remember this is a team based game, you can literally get a ton of points by not even getting a kill.

I think I'm slowly starting to improve at this game. I couldn't figure out how to fire my rifle, but otherwise the round went relatively well.

http://i.imgur.com/Ul2F7.png

If the picture expands off the edge of a page, just post a link to ir or edit its size beforehand.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-11-03 at 12:31 PM.

jeez that guy above you already has 56 logged hours wow

Deleted
    is there a way to set graphics realy to low ? I mean what Dice understands of LOW and what i understand is a HUGE difference

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    is there a way to set graphics realy to low ? I mean what Dice understands of LOW and what i understand is a HUGE difference
    Aren't the Low graphics settings the ones for BF3's minimum requirements?

10+ Year Old Account
    Which assualt rifel is the most OP gun in the game atm.? I think the F2000 is really OP, but I havn't tried the AN-94 which I found to be very OP if used corretly in BF2 BC.
    Which speccs do you run with? I personal think the 4 AEG aiming device is really power full, along with heavy barrel. You can get so many kills from long distances. Foregrip does make it easier imo.
    What compo do you think is the best and most op in the game currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Which assualt rifel is the most OP gun in the game atm.? I think the F2000 is really OP, but I havn't tried the AN-94 which I found to be very OP if used corretly in BF2 BC.
    Which speccs do you run with? I personal think the 4 AEG aiming device is really power full, along with heavy barrel. You can get so many kills from long distances. Foregrip does make it easier imo.
    AN-94 is really really powerful, but has one 1 huge problem: everytime you respwawn it's set to 2-bullets fire mode.
    Since I'm not used to burst weapons, that got me killed a lot of times.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Some people are good at CQC some are good at open areas. What you need to do is confine the map yourself by providing your own objectives - normally with your squad. Okay so you want it like rush where it is much smaller? Me and my squad last night, Caspian Border - went to D point (Hilltop), held it for the game. We lost the game overall but we held that point for the entirety of it, (and now showing the power of battlelog lol here is a link to the game http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...8/1/343182500/

I am yoshiwol.

I enjoy grand bazaar the most for infantry only combat, just wish the map was double the size, but on 32 player servers, and most definitely rush it is great fun. As far as I am concerned 64 player large conquest is broken by only having 3 maps of doable size and tickets being too small. 300 tickets just ruins the experience for me, I would love if it was 30 minute - 1 hour long games, with a very shifting battle, but as it stands the game ends too quick and some people ruin the rotations by having metro etc in them. 64 players on metro, grand bazaar, damavand peak and seine crossing is borderline too much. I really hope BtK is gonna give us some more large maps. Or they give us a content development kit and I can throw a few large maps out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Really not liking almost any of these maps, conquest mode seems to be not the whole map which is stupid so the only way to get the full map exp is to play rush. Alot of these maps dont seem even as close to as big as BF2s maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    I think the F2000 is the most OP gun currently. It has little to no recoil at full auto, especially with grip. I run IRNV, Grip, Suppressor and I can shoot people from REALLY far by switching it to single shot. That gun just looks cool and it handles great. I don't think I'll use a different gun unless I do it out of sheer boredom and I want a little extra XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Really not liking almost any of these maps, conquest mode seems to be not the whole map which is stupid so the only way to get the full map exp is to play rush. Alot of these maps dont seem even as close to as big as BF2s maps.
    I prefer Conq to Rush in this game (was the opposite in BC2) BUT, I freaking hate that we don't get whole maps (DP, Metro, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    AN-94 is really really powerful, but has one 1 huge problem: everytime you respwawn it's set to 2-bullets fire mode.
    Since I'm not used to burst weapons, that got me killed a lot of times.

This. Every time I would spawn, I'd forget to switch to full auto and get dropped. The gun hits like a truck but remembering to switch off of burst mode is bad for me. I can barely remember my own name sometimes. I personally think the AEK-971 is the best. Get a foregrip, IRNV scope, and laser sight or suppressor and you're set.

I've been using the F2000 though just because I think it looks cooler : /

15+ Year Old Account
    My Thoughts after last night (the parts I didn't like)
    -Too many flippin' graphics. It's like sensory overload. I'll get used to it...but damn.
    -I can't spot people / vehicles. Maybe I was doing something critically wrong, but I never could. Wasn't playing on a hardcore server
    -They whacked up the classes. I never played BF2 so maybe they're the same, I'm just used to BF:BC2's Assault, Medic, Engineer, Recon. Seems like they switched the Assault and Medic weapons and called them Support and Assault, respectively
    -Sensory Overload
    -Couldn't spawn on my squad. Ever.
    -Shitty map. Minimap resets zoom level when you die, and "Full Map" is a bull-crap term, it just makes your minimap big. That's not the full map. Also the minimap rotates with you, I hate that.

We had trouble with joining anything as a party, the battlelog voice chat, party chat, and pretty much everything party-related, but whatever, hopefully that will be fixed soon.

I'm confused as to why there are M1911, M1911 Tactical, and M1911 Suppressed. Shouldn't Tactical and Suppressed be accessories to the M1911, not separate guns entirely?
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-11-03 at 03:30 PM.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

So what is your favorite map? For vehicle combat I really like Operation Firestorm (desert oil refinery map) in Conquest mode. For more infantry based battle, I really enjoy Seine Crossing. The map that I have played the least (not by choice) is Damavand Peak.......doesnt seem to be on many server map rotations. I like the idea of Operation Metro, but the fact is its just TOO easy to defend. I honestly have not seen the last checkpoint in Metro since launch (got to see it quite a few times during Beta). I would like EA to show me the percentage of offense "wins" in Metro, would be humorously low.

I'm finding the small to medium maps much more to my liking, and tend to come away with at least a 2:1 KDR or a decent score for contribution to whatever the objective was.

The trouble is that I have always been a great FPS player not because I am necessarily the fastest or most accurate but because I play smarter and have a knack for thinking like my enemy. Knowing where he is and where he is likely to go give me a marvellous edge. On the huge maps I don't know where the snipers are or where they are likely to be or go and getting near them even if I do locate them is a challenge. I end up running for a lot of the match, only to be sniped or killed by some camper when I finally reach where I want to go.

Maybe in time I will figure it out but for now I find that the larger maps are just awful.

There are quite a few issues with the game I don't like. There are the bugs, mostly graphical but there's always the odd time I go to knife someone and don't switch back to my weapon, so I am trying to shoot them with my knife. The aircraft controls are so sluggish with a mouse, that the only possible method of control is with the keyboard (which I discovered after many failed attempts at flight). Players in the prone position are able to clip quite some way into walls. Flashlights are retardedly overpowered for blinding people, you may as well stop shooting because if someone blinds you with a flashlight (in broad daylight no less) you are extremely unlikely to hit them. Oh, and the flashlights appear to reduce accuracy even over distances where they would actually help you find and shoot your target. Animations are a mixed bag, some things look great, others look jerky and unrealistic (watch someone crawling in prone position with a sniper). Having to mark people with the Q button seems redundant if you just shot them, shooting people should automatically mark them.

On the plus side it looks amazing even on my crappy GTX 260, and there is no lag thanks to dedicated servers. I am starting to enjoy it, but it is taking some adjustment.

Wish there were more maps tho, 9 is a very small number :S

Deleted
    loving bf3 atm, will be getting mw3 and skyrim aswell then my gaming life is complete really :P before swtor ofc

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    My Thoughts after last night:
    -Too many flippin' graphics. It's like sensory overload. I'll get used to it...but damn.
    -I can't spot people / vehicles. Maybe I was doing something critically wrong, but I never could. Wasn't playing on a hardcore server
    -They whacked up the classes. I never played BF2 so maybe they're the same, I'm just used to BF:BC2's Assault, Medic, Engineer, Recon. Seems like they switched the Assault and Medic weapons and called them Support and Assault, respectively
    -Sensory Overload

We had trouble with joining anything as a party, the battlelog voice chat, party chat, and pretty much everything party-related, but whatever, hopefully that will be fixed soon.

I'm confused as to why there are M1911, M1911 Tactical, and M1911 Suppressed. Shouldn't Tactical and Suppressed be accessories to the M1911, not separate guns entirely?
    I have graphics turned down to high on Multiplayer just because I don't need all the fancy crap and yet it still looks good.
    Specific servers can turn off 3d spotting, it doesn't have to be hardcore.
    Assault is medic now.
    Partying only does one thing - gets you onto the same server. You still have to work on getting the same team and squads yourself after being in game. It's definitely one of the worse features. The voice chat doesn't work at all for us, we just use vent.
    All the pistols are broken into different unlocks because you can't alter the attachments on them. They come as they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kojane View Post
    loving bf3 atm, will be getting mw3 and skyrim aswell then my gaming life is complete really :P before swtor ofc

yeah too much good stuff coming out

jut got Bf3, next week i got Skyrim and MW3 how am i going to have time to play them all?!

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 03:34 PM ----------

oh wow, just got IR scope for my support class, the scopes amazing!