Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    Yet palpatine said in episode 3 "once more the sith shall rule the galaxy" which means they must have ruled at least once before his galactic empire.
    and who says jedi cant be the "gurdians of peace" at the same time while the sith rule the galaxy?
    the jedi were never extinct before, only palpatine accomplished that as far as we know, but the sith have obviously ruled during an aera while there were still many jedi there, who saw themselves as "guardians of peace", while fighting the ruling sith.
    never said sith didnt rule galaxy at 1 point.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    movies is not apart of the starwars universe outside the movies. As posted by trolls on the 2nd page.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon
    The two are different universes according to lucas.
    I am going to go very far with this answer. Because of this alternate universe in my mind (thinking 3k years ahead) Vader finds Luke as a teenage kills Owen and Beru and trains Luke to be a Dark Lord of Sith to take down Palps just like Vader wanted.

even though this game will NEVER make it that far (mybe 1.5k years of content before people get tired) I like hte idea of Luke going to the darkside. but that is also derailing the topic so I will stop there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    No, he stated in interview at 90's when he was starting with prequels that all of the EUis non-canonical and any Star Wars fan would know it if they were truly into the stuff. Books, games and all that shit has no real bearing in the actual SW universe, be it for good or bad.
    Blasphemy, sorry to say but the best of Star Wars come from the Expanded Universe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    Don't they have pretty large chunk of timeline where they could do just about anything they want? They could have the Sith win, then have the Republic win it back later leading up to the New Sith Wars and what not.
    Yeah, I think people underestimate the amount of time 3700 years is (or was it 2700?) just a note: we live in the year 2011 at the moment and look what happened throughout our history

well since it has been stated by GL that the fan SW is totally different from his SW we can just ignore the movies all together. Should TOR ever make it that far or novels help continue TOR along after the game is don we can just warp around the movie timeline and make something completely different. yea we keep the characters but we can change how they lived and how they died and what side they were on

Isnt that how they did it with the mirror universe in ST. The Federation (Sith)was the evil rulers of the galaxy and all the other races had to fight to stay alive from their dictatorship(Jedi and seperatist factions)

We know the sith will eventually lose, but they could reign for a thousand years for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Blasphemy, sorry to say but the best of Star Wars come from the Expanded Universe.
    Hahahahahahaha

Your statement is invalid in anyways, because it's not actually related to my comment in any way.

EU is uncanonical, simple as that, just because you consider it to be better doesn't change that fact
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an endless cycle of either the Jedi or the Sith destroying each other and returning in a certain period of time to reverse the situation.

Get over it, people.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    It's an endless cycle of either the Jedi or the Sith destroying each other and returning in a certain period of time to reverse the situation.

Get over it, people.
    There must always been balance in the force.

Anakin brought balance by destroying the Jedi and producing Luke who destroy's the Empire.

You could say the same for the jedi in the future, both factions have their ups and downs. If you're talking about the size of the sith empire being only two in the future they do that themselves on purpose.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    There must always been balance in the force.

Anakin brought balance by destroying the Jedi and producing Luke who destroy's the Empire.
    Anakin destroys the empire, Luke only brings the inspiration for him to go through with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Hahahahahahaha

Your statement is invalid in anyways, because it's not actually related to my comment in any way.

EU is uncanonical, simple as that, just because you consider it to be better doesn't change that fact
    Official levels of canon
    Read that:
    Quote Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Expanded_Universe#Official_levels_of_canon
    The Holocron is an internal database maintained by Lucas Licensing for the express purpose of trying to maintain continuity within all licensed products. The Holocron is sorted into four levels of canon, reflecting LFL's canon and continuity policies: G, C, S, and N.

G (George Lucas) canon is absolute canon. This category includes the final releases of the six films, the novelizations of the films, the radio dramas based on the films, the film scripts, and any material found in any other source (published or not) that comes directly from George Lucas himself. G canon outranks all other forms of canon.
    C (continuity) canon refers to the main body of EU work, and is the next most authoritative level of canon. All material published under the Star Wars label that doesn't fall into either G, S, or N canon is C canon and is considered authoritative as long as it isn't contradicted by G canon.
    S (secondary) canon refers to older, less accurate, or less coherent EU works, which would not ordinarily fit in the main continuity of G and C canon. For example, this includes the popular online roleplaying game Star Wars Galaxies, and certain elements of a few N-canon stories.
    N continuity material is also known as "non-canon" or "non-continuity" material. What-if stories (such as those published under the Infinities label) and anything else that cannot at all fit into continuity is placed into this category. "N-continuity" is not considered canon.
    If its not against the movie in term of lore, its canon.
    This information is based on what is in the Lucas Licensing internal Database: the Holocron continuity database.

Quote Originally Posted by Guillotine811 View Post
    Anakin destroys the empire, Luke only brings the inspiration for him to go through with it.
    Very wrong, the empire stayed until 130 aby, it was reformed and merged more than once, but it never quit.
    The emperor didnt die on the Death star II, he could survive in a sith spirit form, he died on Biss later.
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2011-11-03 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Does anyone else feel rather strange how the factions work within the old republic?

Isn't the Sith Empire practically set up to loose this entire thing? How to they reflect it in the Game itself?

These questions often bug me, because it would be weird trying to root for your faction when it's predestined to fail.

Things like killing important republic characters, or maybe having Revan, this can't really happen if they are trying to keep to Star Wars lore can it?
    They lose for now, but who knows what the unwritten future holds, for all we know the next book in the EU might give birth to a new Sith faction, for thousands of years they have been at it, back and forth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post

Very wrong, the empire stayed until 130 aby, it was reformed and merged more than once, but it never quit.
    The emperor didnt die on the Death star II, he could survive in a sith spirit form, he died on Biss later.
    Thank you. I was about to ask if he had heard of The Eye of Palpatine before even going any farther. Even still, there were pockets of Imperial fleets all over the galaxy, some even claiming leadership and control. Many began fighting themselves while Leia and Han helped rebuild the Republic while Luke went on to Dagoba to rebuild the Jedi temple.
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2011-11-03 at 10:09 PM.

137 ABY
    Cade Skywalker, descendant of Luke Skywalker, is trained as a Jedi but self-exiled of the Order to become a bounty hunter. He begins to rediscover his destiny as a Jedi Knight and as a member of the Skywalker family, and rises to fight the new Sith. He embarks on a series of adventures aboard his starship Mynock.
    Darth Krayt is killed by Darth Wyyrlok (III) after the Battle on Had Abbadon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

And that's all that was written for now, see the Sith still have a chance to take control.. but for how long?

Unless I'm missing something, the OP is worried that the game will seem futile because Luke Skywalker destroys the Sith in RotJ.

To me that seems a little like the Romans worrying about the outcome of the Punic wars because they consulted an Oracle who somehow knew that Mussolini will eventually be on the losing side of WW2.

It depends on if they follow typical lore, or do their own thing.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, the OP is worried that the game will seem futile because Luke Skywalker destroys the Sith in RotJ.

To me that seems a little like the Romans worrying about the outcome of the Punic wars because they consulted an Oracle who somehow knew that Mussolini will eventually be on the losing side of WW2.
    This made me lol so hard. It is also a rather apt analogy.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account

Excellent analogy, my friend!
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

If you knew that, in 3000 years, Mexico and Canada would team up and defeat and occupy the United States, would you just lose all hope now and start wearing a Sombrero and liking Hockey while you awaited our new Canexico Overlords? No, that's 3000 freakin' years. So much could happen between then that the sheer number of changes would blow your mind. Just look at what happened in the last 100 years of real life. The Sith could rule the galaxy for 1000 years, and you could STILL have the same events from the Trilogies.

I wouldn't worry about it. 3000 years is a long enough time to leave the outcome of the war of the Sith vs. Republic a mystery, with plenty of surprises.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Deleted

People seem to think that 2000 or 3000 years is alot of time in the star wars universe, when it isn't.

Between ToR and The Empire the technology of the setting stays exactly the same, with few improvments to anything. They even loose previously hilarious easy tech like personal shielding and vibroblades and still use the crappy blasters of the setting.

It's still confuses me how Noone ever thought of making a revolver to kill Jedi, because they can't dodge bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    People seem to think that 2000 or 3000 years is alot of time in the star wars universe, when it isn't.

Between ToR and The Empire the technology of the setting stays exactly the same, with few improvments to anything. They even loose previously hilarious easy tech like personal shielding and vibroblades and still use the crappy blasters of the setting.

It's still confuses me how Noone ever thought of making a revolver to kill Jedi, because they can't dodge bullets.
    Because Star Wars isn't just Sci-Fi. It's Fantasy/Sci-Fi, and in Fantasy, technology never really changes.

You honestly don't see the problem with trying to use a revolver on a Jedi? Oh man. Ok, to start off, Jedi don't really dodge blaster bolts. They deflect them with their lightsabers. Do you think a small bullet could pass through a freakin' laser sword that can melt through a door? And again, you're forgetting the most important thing.

The Force.

Remember in the matrix, how Neo holds his hand up after realizing he's The One, and all of the bullets just stop coming, mid-air? They then drop harmlessly to the floor? Well, imagine the same thing happening, except for falling harmlessly onto the floor, they were flung back at your face. A Jedi can't stop a blaster bolt in mid-air, as it's made of pure energy. Bullets have mass, weight, etc.

(After re-reading what I just typed, I reminded myself of Star Trek/Wars nerds I used to laugh at in high school, while they argued over who was the better Captain. /shudder)
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/