Thread: Legendary Pet

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary Pet

Its a bit late now but do you think 4.3 would have been the perfect time to introduce a legendary pet instead of a weapon for a hunter with a dragon theme. There would have been enough content in the new raids to make a staff style way of collecting things from downed bosses and a cool cut scene for a hunter finishing his/her q line after killing deathwing and finding an egg within his remains...

What do you think, any chance in the future of a legendary pet as oppose to a bow? And any chance it will be a drake of some sort?

Discuss, flame or QQ away ;p

Deleted
    It's very very VERY unlikely they would make a legendary that only one class could use. :P

But Hey i'm a hunter and i would welcome it! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfiend View Post
    It's very very VERY unlikely they would make a legendary that only one class could use. :P

They did so with the rogue dagger.

Patch 4.3 says hi (rogue daggers)

Uh. Eh. Rogue much? *chuckle*

There was this one time, At Dragon soul camp and they only gave legendaries to rogues and it was the worst day ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    You want the pet to be orange?
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn´t mind seeing this. As in 5.x (cross)bows and guns will only be usable by hunters, then a legendary pet would be just for one class like a legendary (cross)bow/gun. It would have to be a really epic beast though.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

It sounds pretty cool for sure.

But something to consider that it can't be a pet that levels up with you in future expansions and keeps scaling with your level.
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    You want the pet to be orange?
    or pink, blue, mottled, twilight dont really know where your going with this but hey dont really care what colour it is haha

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    It sounds pretty cool for sure.

But something to consider that it can't be a pet that levels up with you in future expansions and keeps scaling with your level.
    This. Seems way too complicated to implement. A weapon is just a stat stick and they can add abilities to it. A pet is a whole different matter.

The idea is very interesting, but it's unlikely that it would ever happen due to the many complications it would cause.

A [legendary Pet] will never come because it would scale which would mean that you will never use another pet, not even in 6.x

10+ Year Old Account
    don't think blizzard will go there it will open the door for the community to demand even more stuff which blizz doesn't want :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    This. Seems way too complicated to implement. A weapon is just a stat stick and they can add abilities to it. A pet is a whole different matter.

The idea is very interesting, but it's unlikely that it would ever happen due to the many complications it would cause.
    Complicated how, it doesnt need to be anything spectacular just a dragon/drake skin with ferocity stats. It would be unique and simple. If people were worried about 'why dos this leg haz no epix statz'. Then couple it with an item that is equipable and does have current tier legendary stats that wont scale with future Xpac's. For example 'The collar of Deathwing' a neck slot that when equipped lets you call forth a legendary pet .... work with me here ^^

Deleted
    I'm not a hunter so I'd hate to let them have a "legendary" only for them, BUT damn it's such a nice idea, I can think of quite an amazing quest chain x)

Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    A [legendary Pet] will never come because it would scale which would mean that you will never use another pet, not even in 6.x
    Good point and it'd be to much of a hassle designing it in a way it wouldn't scale.

Why would you want a legendary pet over ranged weap. Just silly. Never understand the dress up appeal of having your pet be anything ther than an extra dot on a boss or a tank for elites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AtaraxyDarkmoonFaire View Post
    I'm not a hunter so I'd hate to let them have a "legendary" only for them, BUT damn it's such a nice idea, I can think of quite an amazing quest chain x)
    Rogue only daggers in 4.3 ffs do some people not pay attention!

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ankram View Post
    Why would you want a legendary pet over ranged weap. Just silly. Never understand the dress up appeal of having your pet be anything ther than an extra dot on a boss or a tank for elites.
    Why would they make exoctic pets BM only and have rarespawns ... because of there unique-ness. Thus coupling it with and non visual item like a neck its fair and wont scale with later content.Derp

difference with gear and a pet is, that gear gets outdated fast, a legendary pet (if not just legendary by looks, but also by abilities) would be used till infinity, due to outright scaling with whatever gear and spec you have in upcoming expansion, like they didn't want ppl to use lvl 80 stuff @ lvl 85, they dont want you to use that lvl 85 raid aquired legendary pet when you are lvl 90 or higher.

They are allready nerfing dragonwrath in 4.3 as they want ppl to use gear from DS and not keep farming FL to get the staff on all casters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    difference with gear and a pet is, that gear gets outdated fast, a legendary pet (if not just legendary by looks, but also by abilities) would be used till infinity, due to outright scaling with whatever gear and spec you have in upcoming expansion, like they didn't want ppl to use lvl 80 stuff @ lvl 85, they dont want you to use that lvl 85 raid aquired legendary pet when you are lvl 90 or higher.

They are allready nerfing dragonwrath in 4.3 as they want ppl to use gear from DS and not keep farming FL to get the staff on all casters.
    I 100% agree with you which is why i think the pet should scale as normal pets do, but you get a none visual item (neck, wrist whatever) as your 'stat stick' as it were the wont scale with future content and expansions